Why can't I buy bacteriostatic water locally?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JPowers

I've been using a bottle of bacteriostatic water that expired in May 2018, although it was opened before that and I'd rather not continue to use it. I've looked online and it's just under $12 shipped. GoodRx has coupons for CVS and RiteAid, but neither of them can order it. Does anyone know what the problem is? There was something mentioned back in 2018 about a shortage, but is that still going on? Why is it so expensive? Apparently, after it's opened, even if it states "multi use," it expires 28 days after opening. I've had some weird skin conditions, and I wonder if this has something to do with it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
My understanding is. You can typically find it in a vial form at any pharmacy behind the counter, and you can buy it without a prescription.

In the past I bought it at CVS pharmacy, I haven't needed to for a long time.

JPowers

My understanding is. You can typically find it in a vial form at any pharmacy behind the counter, and you can buy it without a prescription.

In the past I bought it at CVS pharmacy, I haven't needed to for a long time.

It seems really strange to me, but in my state a prescription is required. I've verified this multiple times. Syringes are OK, though. Go figure.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
If sterile water is easier to obtain then you can make your own:
I make my own Bacteriostatic Water in order to dilute the HCG. I buy a bottle of USP Benzl Alcohol for 5$ which has a shelf life of up to 2 years and I buy a bunch of sterile vials (25 vials for 30$). I mix in a sterile vile the sterile water for injection which I buy at a local pharmacy with the BA (0.9% BA and the rest is water), add HCG and I'm good to go.

JPowers

Thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered a bottle online for $11. I'm more concerned about sterility than cost, but I was hoping to find it locally for a few bucks that I see on GoodRx. It just seems odd to me that it's not available locally and I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

tersec

Thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered a bottle online for $11. I'm more concerned about sterility than cost, but I was hoping to find it locally for a few bucks that I see on GoodRx. It just seems odd to me that it's not available locally and I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.
I called my pharms. the goodrx price was super cheap $2 something but needed a script in my state. There is a hell of a markup online and shipping price seems more than the product price on some sites. Reading about making some being that I only need a couple of ml's instead of 30ml if it really expires after opening that quick.

Shawn M

I called my pharms. the goodrx price was super cheap $2 something but needed a script in my state. There is a hell of a markup online and shipping price seems more than the product price on some sites. Reading about making some being that I only need a couple of ml's instead of 30ml if it really expires after opening that quick.

I experienced the same GoodRx quote from my local pharmacy. I'm in Chicago IL, and have my MD's Rx. When I inquired at the counter, they said to give then a few days and they would order and stock it for me. Apparently this is not a common item in community drugstores. The label on the product says it was made in India.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me