Who understands TSH? Bloods need an experienced look.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Westin

Hi All,

Got bloods back today. Test numbers look great but libido has left the station a few weeks ago. Looks like TSH is high. Doc started me on 50mcg Synthroid generic. Do you think the TSH could be the culprit?

Attachments

• E0A1DC37-4726-4248-B3CD-38FEE90D5B24.jpeg
    E0A1DC37-4726-4248-B3CD-38FEE90D5B24.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 172
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MarcoFL

What really matters is free T3 and yours is pretty good! How are you feeling is the bigger question? you really need more complete set of labs to include reverse T3.

Westin

The synthroid was started after the dr saw the bloods. He did comment T3 or 4 looked ok but was willing to try synthroid to knock down the TSH.

The TSH has been rising over the last 18 months on TRT, but it might have started rising woithout TRT. Could the TSH play a role in libido, ed, etc. If the T3 and 4 aren't out of whack?

Westin

I was taking some zinc but stopped 4 weeks ago. B-12 subling 1000mcg, Potassium standard dose, D3 subling 1000mcg, Thats it.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
It would also been good to find out if the reason for your high TSH was Hashimoto's disease (by testing for thyroid antibodies).

VacationMan

As Nelson mentions, you need to look at the entire picture. Thyroglobulin antibody and thyroid peroxidase (TPO Ab) need to be measured in addition to TSH/FT4/FT3 to get a thorough picture of what's going on. Those two antibodies can be elevated for a significant amount of time before the thyroid finally "gives up" and emanates with elevated TSH, lower T4/T3, etc.

Does thyroid affect libido? Absolutely it does!

Elevated antibodies can be triggered by gluten and dairy sensitivities (not allergies, sensitivities). Cutting gluten and significantly reducing dairy in my diet cut my antibodies in half (even though they're still elevated).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me