Who is currently taking Thyroid medication ?..

Buy Lab Tests Online

gerardo

1. Yes, I stopped having 2pm to 3pm and 5pm to 7pm energy crashes. Currently, taking 38mcg T4 and10mcg T3 liothyronine in the morning. Early afternoon I take10mcg T3 liothyronine slow release between 130pm and 230pm.

2. No change

3. Most definitely

4. No change in lipids
Were your blood tests normal?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JimGainz

A few thoughts from my own experiences:

- it took a combination of optimizing Thyroid, Vitamin D, B12, DHEA, and Testosterone to really start feeling good. The T and Thyroid had the largest impact but I still struggled a bit until the other components were all tested, measured low, and then dialed in.

- even with optimal dosing - there are things that cause challenges: I mentioned that every few months I need to back off my thyroid dose because it causes some insomnia / anxiety. Also - I really struggle to stay awake at night in the early evening. I feel narcoleptic - just can’t keep my eyes open at 7 pm. Ironically I found that cutting down my caffeine in the morning helped with this for some reason. So did cutting way back on alcohol. ( I was never a big drinker- maybe 2-3 times per week but I have been abstaining due to the Covid shot and feel better)

- I sometimes take melatonin as well as some low dose THC gummies (5mg). This combo allows me to sleep uninterrupted for about 4 1/2 hours - which is a godsend for anyone who knows what it’s like to keep waking up every hour or two. I feel much better the next day when I take this at night.

- getting back to the thyroid - when I was on Armor, my RT3 was nearly 30 (off the scale high). This means that all the T3 in armor wasn’t doing anything for me. This is when I started T3 mono therapy and it did take a few months to get things in order. The RT3 took a while to come down abs when it did, I felt better.

If I think of anything else I will post again.

Bennytrt

Were your blood tests normal?
No, they were not normal before I began my thyroid medication regimen. Even now some of my numbers are in the low range but I feel great. I am not sure if It would make a difference if I bump up my numbers to the optimal range. I will ask my doctor about this on Tuesday during our phone consultation. But as you know treatments are based on how you feel. Treating my thyroid made the difference in my hrt treatment. It was a night and day difference.

MNguy

Has anyone noticed less of an effect from time released T3? Since switching from standard release to time release my Rt3 has creeped up to 21, TSH to 2.6. Coincidentally, I’ve not been feeling great lately.

gerardo

No, they were not normal before I began my thyroid medication regimen. Even now some of my numbers are in the low range but I feel great. I am not sure if It would make a difference if I bump up my numbers to the optimal range. I will ask my doctor about this on Tuesday during our phone consultation. But as you know treatments are based on how you feel. Treating my thyroid made the difference in my hrt treatment. It was a night and day difference.
My exams are considered normal by doctors but even though I have a lipid profile that needs to optimize the thyroid they do not prescribe the drugs. It has to be at my own risk.

PhilM7

We've been on the forums together for a long time. I know how much you struggle to even feel something from most medications. Really sucks bro.

I have a little hope because I do tend to feel changes when I start medications. For me it's getting through the side effects that is the hardest part. My body doesn't agree with many medications. Even with trt I couldn't tolerate test cyp at all. Gave me so many strange sides. Now I'm on enathate and doing ok. Not anywhere near where I would like to be but making slow progress. My goal is to get thyroid dialed in and hopefully get off trt. I feel the shutdown has been detrimental to my mental well being.
Hi, Charlie. You mentioned having sides on test cyp, that you don't have on test enathate. May I ask what those sides were on test cyp that caused you to switch to ethanate? Thanks.

Charliebizz

Hi, Charlie. You mentioned having sides on test cyp, that you don't have on test enathate. May I ask what those sides were on test cyp that caused you to switch to ethanate? Thanks.
Well for one in blood and saliva tests t cyp crushedy cortisol. Not really sure why it would be any different from enathate but lab wise it was. So I had symptoms of low cortisol. A ton of fatigue, anxiety,heart beat felt so strong,trouble sleeping and twitches all over the body.

Bennytrt

My exams are considered normal by doctors but even though I have a lipid profile that needs to optimize the thyroid they do not prescribe the drugs. It has to be at my own risk.
Take citrus bergamot 1,500mg on a empty stomach. Wait 30 mins and then eat. This along with a proper diet will help balance out your lipid profile (raise HDL, lower LDL/TRIGLYCERIDES) and lower blood pressure. I take 500mg in the AM and 1000mg PM.

tropicaldaze1950

Well for one in blood and saliva tests t cyp crushedy cortisol. Not really sure why it would be any different from enathate but lab wise it was. So I had symptoms of low cortisol. A ton of fatigue, anxiety,heart beat felt so strong,trouble sleeping and twitches all over the body.
Couldn't tolerate Test Cyp due to cottonseed oil. Tried it a couple of times and it was a no go.

Match

Eu tomava T4 75mcg, mas baixei pra 50, considerando TSH 1,17.
RT3 nunca medi. Qdo RT3 indica acima do normal, T3 livre vai estar baixo, ok?

Fortunate

This is a good thread with helpful anecdotes. I started TRT about 7 years ago to address a variety of issues (mood, libido, energy). Over the years, I have been in the middle of a tug-of-war between actual TRT benefits and lack of tolerance of the treatment.

I consulted with Dr. Crisler (RIP, my man) and more recently with Defy. One of the things we discussed was the overlap between symptoms related to hypogonadism and thyroid and that TRT alone may not always solve a guy's issues. My labs support the concept of subclinical hypothyroid (an establishment doctor would almost certainly not prescribe thyroid meds, but most functional medicine/hormone docs would). After consulting with Defy in March, I embarked on a new TRT protocol and started sustained release liothyronine.

For the last 4-5 months, I kept a fairly thorough log with moderate discipline so I could actually figure out what was helping/what was hurting/where I've been, etc. Looking back, the TRT protocol was for sure causing me a lot of problems (cream put me over the top). Unfortunately, I started both the new TRT protocol and a thyroid protocol simultaneously. So, it's hard to say if thyroid meds helped, hurt or made no difference.

Now that I am on a steady TRT protocol (essentially what I have been on for a long time - hCG and Natesto), and I can control one variable at a time, I am considering giving thyroid another try. Why? I think (but am not sure) I could have better focus, energy, clarity, etc.

Soooo, that brings me to my polling of the audience:
  • What are you on?
    • If T3 alone, sustained release or regular cytomel?
    • If you have tried both sustained release and standard cytomel, why did you go with the one you stuck with?
  • Dose?
  • Once a day?
  • How long do you wait before eating/drinking?
    • Do you consider coffee "eating"
  • Have you achieved your goals?
  • Any problematic side effects?
I think it is important that any treatment has sound scientific support, but I also believe anecdotes can be quite helpful when you are working in some gray areas.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Gman86

@Fortunate was listening to dr chrisler’s podcast with Carl Lanore, and he said he put every single one of his patients on 50-100mg of topical pregnenolone. Was this the case when u were his patient?

Fortunate

Do you know what year it was recorded? I don’t recall him saying anything about pregnenolone. That said, he is the one who recommended low-dose daily hCG. To be honest, I think this was a good recommendation. I don’t tolerate higher doses.

Gman86

Do you know what year it was recorded? I don’t recall him saying anything about pregnenolone. That said, he is the one who recommended low-dose daily hCG. To be honest, I think this was a good recommendation. I don’t tolerate higher doses.
Looks like it was posted in 2017

Fortunate

This is a good thread with helpful anecdotes. I started TRT about 7 years ago to address a variety of issues (mood, libido, energy). Over the years, I have been in the middle of a tug-of-war between actual TRT benefits and lack of tolerance of the treatment.

I consulted with Dr. Crisler (RIP, my man) and more recently with Defy. One of the things we discussed was the overlap between symptoms related to hypogonadism and thyroid and that TRT alone may not always solve a guy's issues. My labs support the concept of subclinical hypothyroid (an establishment doctor would almost certainly not prescribe thyroid meds, but most functional medicine/hormone docs would). After consulting with Defy in March, I embarked on a new TRT protocol and started sustained release liothyronine.

For the last 4-5 months, I kept a fairly thorough log with moderate discipline so I could actually figure out what was helping/what was hurting/where I've been, etc. Looking back, the TRT protocol was for sure causing me a lot of problems (cream put me over the top). Unfortunately, I started both the new TRT protocol and a thyroid protocol simultaneously. So, it's hard to say if thyroid meds helped, hurt or made no difference.

Now that I am on a steady TRT protocol (essentially what I have been on for a long time - hCG and Natesto), and I can control one variable at a time, I am considering giving thyroid another try. Why? I think (but am not sure) I could have better focus, energy, clarity, etc.

Soooo, that brings me to my polling of the audience:
  • What are you on?
    • If T3 alone, sustained release or regular cytomel?
    • If you have tried both sustained release and standard cytomel, why did you go with the one you stuck with?
  • Dose?
  • Once a day?
  • How long do you wait before eating/drinking?
    • Do you consider coffee "eating"
  • Have you achieved your goals?
  • Any problematic side effects?
I think it is important that any treatment has sound scientific support, but I also believe anecdotes can be quite helpful when you are working in some gray areas.

Thanks in advance.
@Cataceous, would love to hear your thoughts on above. Thanks!

Wingy

Who is currently taking thyroid meds? If so, my questions are as follows:
1) did you notice an increase in energy level ?
2) Did you notice an increase in your mood? Are you in a much better mood?
3) do you notice you burn fat easier?
4) did it improve your cholesterol levels?
thank you in advance.
No to all

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale