Which "part" of the HPTA is the hardest to "turn on" during PCT?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I am getting off testosterone after two years (if you want back story, you can read my previous posts, and I'm unable to perform any conventional PCT as I cannot tolerate SERMs.

I have, however, been entertaining the idea of using GnRH or hCG as a way to "prime" the body before coming off TRT cold turkey, such that the natural restart is accelerated somewhat.

The main question:Which part of the HPTA takes the longest to "come online," so to speak, during a PCT?

+

Would using hCG to "prime" the testicles after long-term TRT help speed up HPTA recovery much, if at all?

For example, if it's the pituitary or both pituitary and leydig cells, I would likely use GnRH after ceasing testosterone while letting the ester taper out of my body. However, if it is primarily the leydig cells that become desensitized and the GnRH and LH signaling ramps up fairly quickly, then I would opt to prime my body with hCG only.

I would plan this based on the following logic:

GnRH - This should stimulate the pituitary to release LH, and by extension, should also start stimulating the desensitized leydig cells. The caveat is that this would likely only work if the exogenous hormone suppression is low enough. I would theoretically initiate treatment after discontinuing test and using it while my body begins to clear the long ester (~2 weeks of time)

hCG - This would act as something of a synthetic LH, only stimulating the testicles but not the pituitary or hypothalamus. The benefit of hCG is you can stimulate leydig cells directly, regardless of suppression at hypothalamus and pituitary levels.

Any input and/or links to studies appreciated. @madman @readalot

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I am getting off testosterone after two years (if you want back story, you can read my previous posts, and I'm unable to perform any conventional PCT as I cannot tolerate SERMs.

I have, however, been entertaining the idea of using GnRH or hCG as a way to "prime" the body before coming off TRT cold turkey, such that the natural restart is accelerated somewhat.

The main question:Which part of the HPTA takes the longest to "come online," so to speak, during a PCT?

+

Would using hCG to "prime" the testicles after long-term TRT help speed up HPTA recovery much, if at all?

For example, if it's the pituitary or both pituitary and leydig cells, I would likely use GnRH after ceasing testosterone while letting the ester taper out of my body. However, if it is primarily the leydig cells that become desensitized and the GnRH and LH signaling ramps up fairly quickly, then I would opt to prime my body with hCG only.

I would plan this based on the following logic:

GnRH - This should stimulate the pituitary to release LH, and by extension, should also start stimulating the desensitized leydig cells. The caveat is that this would likely only work if the exogenous hormone suppression is low enough. I would theoretically initiate treatment after discontinuing test and using it while my body begins to clear the long ester (~2 weeks of time)

hCG - This would act as something of a synthetic LH, only stimulating the testicles but not the pituitary or hypothalamus. The benefit of hCG is you can stimulate leydig cells directly, regardless of suppression at hypothalamus and pituitary levels.

Any input and/or links to studies appreciated. @madman @readalot

post #5

T

tareload

My experience and all the other flavors in this thread:

If you object to SERM you could run an AI if you don't like my hCG then wait protocol. Sometimes less is more.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone else curious:

Madman states:

"Even without the use of a PCT, the natural production of LH will kick in fairly quickly but natural endogenous production of testosterone can take much longer as the critical aspect of the recovery process is the responsiveness of the Leydig cells in the testes to the LH."

Also, thank you @readalot for the additional... evidence... that using hCG alone as a priming tool could be sufficient.

post #5
Thanks! Exactly what I was hoping to read.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me