Whey Powder

Buy Lab Tests Online

psaufan

I wanted to ask for feedback from others who use Whey protein in conjunction with their workouts:

I have been using GNC Wheybolic Extreme for a few years. I have no reason to look elsewhere other than the fact it cost up to $2.40 for a two-scoop serving. I've always used GNC because of they tout the purity of the product and the fact it also contains BCAAs, etc.

Has anyone else had good experiences with another brand that isn't as costly? I'm happy with GNC, as far as I know, just thought to get feedback from others.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

cappy

Gold Standard is a solid choice, and available everywhere. Optimum's parent company, Glanbia, is one of, if not the largest players in the protein game. People in the protein powder industry say that Glanbia "owns the cows". The Gold Standard product noted above is a protein blend of unknown amounts of isolate, concentrate, and "whey peptides" - whatever that means.

My current pick is Protein Factory Wisconsin Whey Isolate. I drink 30g of it twice a day unflavored with some cold water. Mixes easily with a spoon. I add 40g of rolled oats to it for some carbs in between breakfast - lunch and lunch - dinner.

5lb costs $44.75 before any applicable discounts (which would, after discount, make it cheaper than the ON product noted above), and at 60g a day it costs me $33.15/month. The cost per gram of protein is more than eggs and chicken, but less than ground beef and cottage cheese. For my money, I'd go for the 100% whey isolate over a mystery blend.

At a higher price point, Protein Factory offers "Bio Serum 1", which is made from cow's blood. The claim is that it has much higher IGF-1 than any other protein powder on the market. They also have a selection of whey and casein hydrolysates, if you can choke them down.

I don't have much to say on whey concentrates, because my gut doesn't agree with them, but they are less expensive than whey isolates.

Last edited:

fifty

I say get the cheapest one you can digest. I use dymatize and also Optimum Nutrition if I want something cheaper.

I find whey to be very convoluted with the stuff, this is good, this is bad, and all that sort of stuff, can be hard to choose something. I have a terrible time digesting Protein so I've cut way back on Whey.

cappy

I find whey to be very convoluted with the stuff, this is good, this is bad, and all that sort of stuff, can be hard to choose something. I have a terrible time digesting Protein so I've cut way back on Whey.

I think very little is bad about whey protein, but some are better than others, depending on what you're looking for. We've certainly come a long way since whey concentrate was all that was available (or not even available!)

In the end, it's a convenient way to ingest protein.

Last edited:

Gman86

Ya I think whey protein is definitely overall very good, as long as you don't have an allergy to it obviously.

For me personally, I used ON gold standard whey for a long time. Just got used to having to fart all the time. I made the switch to Naked grass-fed whey unflavored, and experience zero gas now. Only time I have gas is when I eat something not very good for you, but its unrelated to the whey. I know this obviously because if I keep my diet clean, and drink the whey everyday, I experience no gas/ farting.

I'm pretty sure it was the artificial sugars giving me the gas. Could of been due to the fact that ON gold standard whey is from cows that are fed grain and whatever other junk they feed them. Could of been due to other ingredients they put it in. But my money is on the artificial sugars.

Gman86

On a slightly different note, but related to whey protein, I found a really delicious and quick recipe for a good post workout meal.

Mix your whey powder in a bowl with a little water. Just enough to mix it, and have it become like a sludge type consistency. Then chop up 1-2 frozen bananas, and put it in there. Mash it all together. Then I chop up some nuts, or sprinkle some sunflower or pumpkin seeds in there. Mix it all together. Ends up having the consistency of ice cream. Basically tastes like soft serve ice cream with nuts. Soooooo good. You can also add a little peanut butter if you like. I sometimes put in some powdered peanut butter. But usually don’t even need it. It already tastes bomb. I get a nice ratio of protein, carbs and healthy fats. And it’s all quick digesting, other than the nuts. Enjoy!

sokaiya

So many people miss it but THE best, highest quality whey on the market today is Proserum Whey made by Well Wisdom. Don't fall for all the ads for junk.

cappy

Interesting. Well Wisdom Vital Whey protein is a very expensive way to get protein into the diet. Its effects would have to be nothing short of miraculous to make it worth the cost for most people. Granted, I'm not a student on the value of each individual protein component. Maybe I'm missing something.

Attachments

• Protein Costs per Gram 4Apr19.png
    Protein Costs per Gram 4Apr19.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 101

sokaiya

Interesting. Well Wisdom Vital Whey protein is a very expensive way to get protein into the diet. Its effects would have to be nothing short of miraculous to make it worth the cost for most people. Granted, I'm not a student on the value of each individual protein component. Maybe I'm missing something.

You get what you pay for. And when the quality is higher and the protein is not denatured, then you actually don't need that much to get great benefits. I hope that makes sense.

cappy

It might make sense if one could identify the ideal amino acid daily requirements. If that science exists, I'm not aware of it. Do you know something on this topic?

sokaiya

It might make sense if one could identify the ideal amino acid daily requirements. If that science exists, I'm not aware of it. Do you know something on this topic?

For me the ONLY time i take whey is after a hard workout period. Why? Because it's absorbed to quickly into the bloodstream and i believe it's easy to get fat on it. I do, however, like to take Bernd Friedlanders Collagen Protein as again, he was the first to start working with Collagen gelatin back in 1985 and his Collagen has the lowest molecular weight.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me