Where next, normal labs no drive

Buy Lab Tests Online

sivy

Hi ive been following thread's for a while now and I'm trying to resolve a problem i have which has crept up on me over the last 5 year's. Brief history, foolishly did a number of aas cycles in my 30s 40s with pct but since stopping my drive has waned and has now hit zero. Also getting delayed or no ejaculation but I think that's because I don't get the urge anymore or the pleasure, feel. I have had some labs done which all came back normal apart from worsening lipid profile. Not sure where to turn now docs in the UK are really not interested in this sort of thing. Any advice appreciated. I'm generally fit, and 58. I did think is this just a getting older thing but definitely feel something is wrong due to tiredness in the afternoons, less physical strength etc. When I do any androgen screening test it always suggested try, but then lab's are normal

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-15-15-03-42-613_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-15-15-03-42-613_com.android.chrome.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_2023-03-15-15-04-05-261_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-15-15-04-05-261_com.android.chrome.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_2023-03-15-15-09-02-017_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-15-15-09-02-017_com.android.chrome.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 42
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

There’s a specific group of older men that can present with what appears to be normal T status in the morning hours, however mid to late day the pituitary becomes dysfunctional and T is anything but normal.

Feeling tired mid afternoon nine times out of ten is testosterone or thyroid related. The latter can be ruled out.

You have all the classic symptoms of low-T.

What is your SHBG?

Last edited:

sivy

Hi previous test was high a year ago but most recent one normal, yes I suffer big time pm, virtually falling asleep, another thing I noticed which may or maybe not related is if I drink on a weekend if I've had a bit of a binge then the next day is the only time I get a glimmer of some urge? not sure what's going on there

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-15-18-28-05-960_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-15-18-28-05-960_com.android.chrome.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 43

Systemlord

I’m not surprised to see SHBG elevated, because as men age Total T goes up and Free T goes down.

Given your symptoms, including lipids and SHBG level, age, I don’t trust the calculated FT.

I would test Free T.

Last edited:

sivy

Okay I'll check that, I know this is wrong but almost tempted to run a short course of test prop to see if it has an impact because if it is test then at least I would know I can't see a GP supporting that though

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Do you have access to testosterone nasal gel products, such as Natesto or compounded equivalent? I doubt testosterone is your problem, but if you're determined to try anyway then nasal gel is a safer option; it interferes less with other hormones. Of course it's still questionable that a GP would sanction such a trial.

sivy

No such easy access over here unfortunately, I'm not sure whether it's test or not either due to the labs but symptoms seem the same as low test. I'm pretty sure it's not psychological, I'm more thinking maybe estrogen messed up somewhere? I don't really know where to start but thought if I had a short course of test prop which has a short half life, I could rule that out?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Propionate is a more significant commitment than a nasal gel. Even eugonadal men can experience a nice—but finite—honeymoon period when starting exogenous testosterone. You have to wait out this period and experience HPTA shutdown for a while before you can fairly evaluate the results. If results aren't good then you're looking at more time for HPTA function to resume.

sivy

Only wish it wasn't so difficult in the UK for those items, unfortunately there are few options. But as said I'm not convinced it's test unless previously aas has messed up my hypothalamus

sammmy

It doesn't look testosterone related.

Tests for you to consider:
blood pressure at rest at home in the morning before breakfast (for autonomic dysfunction)
4-point cortisol test (for adrenal fatigue)
CBC (for anemia and immune system)
stool test for elastase (marker for digestive pancreatic enzymes)
stool test for parasites (these are not only worms but also microscopic amoebas)
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (looking for metabolic abnormalities)
vit D in blood
vit B12 in blood

psoas

Definitely, get the blood tests suggested by sammmy. There is a good chance that your problems is not related to testosterone. You just need to figure out what is causing them.

Also, your symptoms could be consistent with sleep apnea. Discuss that with you doctor and see if a sleep study is appropriate. Lack of adequate sleep quality can also cause decreased sex drive and daytime fatigue.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me