When To Test For Peak Or Trough

Buy Lab Tests Online
How many hours after I inject cypionate would I test the highest? How many hours before the injection would I test the lowest? Is it as simple as just before the next injection?

I am on an EOD schedule.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
How many hours after I inject cypionate would I test the highest? How many hours before the injection would I test the lowest? Is it as simple as just before the next injection?

I am on an EOD schedule.

Keep in when using esterified testosterone whether (TC/TE/TP) that post-injection there will be an initial burst release of T and levels will start rising within the first 2 hrs.

T levels will spike up fairly quickly even when using the medium-chain esters.

Enanthate has been shown to reach Tmax 10 hrs.

TC/TE are basically interchangeable.

Peak will be 8-12 hrs post-injection.

We always want to test at the true trough (lowest point) just before your next injection.

You are on an EOD protocol so testing at the true trough would be 48 hrs post-injection.

Dudley

What's the best time to test for peak and trough if I am not on any exogenous T? I usually get my blood work done at 9 a.m. or so, fasted, when the nearest lab opens. Would that likely give me peak, trough, or something in-between? Thanks for the guidance.

madman

Super Moderator
What's the best time to test for peak and trough if I am not on any exogenous T? I usually get my blood work done at 9 a.m. or so, fasted, when the nearest lab opens. Would that likely give me peak, trough, or something in-between? Thanks for the guidance.

In a fasted state anytime between 7-11 am for peak and the during the evening for the trough.

T levels of a healthy young male follow a diurnal 24 hr circadian rhythm and will start to rise gradually around 3 am reaching peak levels between 6-8 am then remain elevated temporarily as levels start to decline into the afternoon/early evening reaching a nadir between 6-8 pm.

Fluctuations from peak--->trough would be around 20-25%.

GreenMachineX

Keep in when using esterified testosterone whether (TC/TE/TP) that post-injection there will be an initial burst release of T and levels will start rising within the first 2 hrs.

T levels will spike up fairly quickly even when using the medium-chain esters.

Enanthate has been shown to reach Tmax 10 hrs.

TC/TE are basically interchangeable.

Peak will be 8-12 hrs post-injection.

We always want to test at the true trough (lowest point) just before your next injection.

You are on an EOD protocol so testing at the true trough would be 48 hrs post-injection.
This just blew my mind. I never knew there was that initial burst of T with any Ester and always tested 2 hours post injection. I only knew of the peak 8-12 hours later. All my recent labs are bogus then. The most recent one I don't have the results for yet though was a true trough.

UK_TRT_Guy

This just blew my mind. I never knew there was that initial burst of T with any Ester and always tested 2 hours post injection. I only knew of the peak 8-12 hours later. All my recent labs are bogus then. The most recent one I don't have the results for yet though was a true trough.
The true trough will give you the best results...be interesting to see the difference between this one and the others.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Looking at that first graph and knowing test cyp peaks 8-12 hours later after injection, should we be injecting at night when levels are supposed to be lowest, so the peak is in the morning on a daily protocol?
In theory, on a daily protocol using cypionate or enanthate the peaks and troughs are so close together that it shouldn't make a lot of difference. There is a guy on here who posts lab work with extraordinary variation in serum levels for using a long ester. But if his results are accurate he is quite unusual. Since I just made the graphic for another post, here is what daily injections might more typically look like—the X-axis is in days, and the right side is where steady state is nearly reached:
Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 8.37.04 PM.png

The point is that you're not getting much peak-trough variation.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me