When to take AI (timing of dose)

Buy Lab Tests Online
I take 60mg cyp 2x a week Monday and Thursday with .25 Anastrozole after each shot.
And I doing this right? Should I take it the next day? Same day? Or a coupe hours later/before?
just want to know correct timing for best effect.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Anastrozole reaches peak concentration in about an hour after taking it.[1] Post-injection, the peak in serum testosterone from cypionate probably occurs in the range of 2-8 hours. The implication is that it's best to take anastrozole with or at most a few hours after an injection.

Jman223

I'm interested in these answers as well as I just started taking it. So we have an answer of 24 hours post injection, and injection time or shortly after it (hours after). Do we know which is correct?

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm interested in these answers as well as I just started taking it. So we have an answer of 24 hours post injection, and injection time or shortly after it (hours after). Do we know which is correct?
AI has a 50 hour half life. So most take an AI 24 hours after injecting T. T has a 72 half life.

by "AI" I mean arimidex

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It makes more sense to knock down the estradiol peak occurring in the first day post-injection than to worry about the end of the injection cycle where testosterone and estradiol are substantially lower anyway.

Jman223

It makes more sense to knock down the estradiol peak occurring in the first day post-injection than to worry about the end of the injection cycle where testosterone and estradiol are substantially lower anyway.
Thank you for your information as well! I'm not sure exactly what to do as far as timing as I have two bits of information that are conflicting, but I'm sure it will be ok either way.

Jman223

I see the reasoning also, as we are inhibiting test from converting to E

Bryan_K77

Never is preferred.
I take 60mg cyp 2x a week Monday and Thursday with .25 Anastrozole after each shot.
And I doing this right? Should I take it the next day? Same day? Or a coupe hours later/before?
just want to know correct timing for best effect.
Inject every other day and most likely will not need the ai, bigger doses in one shot aromatize to a greater degree. Remember, the fewer drugs the better, unless it is absolutely needed

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Look at it this way: If cypionate has a five-day half-life then after 3.5 days the serum levels drop to about 60% of peak values. So if peak estradiol is 50 pg/mL do you want to focus on lowering that, or are you going to worry about the 30 pg/mL it will be down to at the trough?

Inject every other day and most likely will not need the ai, bigger doses in one shot aromatize to a greater degree. ...
This applies to peak estradiol but probably not to average. That is, greater injection frequency lowers the peaks and raises the troughs. It is possible that peak estradiol is the main troublemaker, but this is speculation.

Bryan_K77

Look at it this way: If cypionate has a five-day half-life then after 3.5 days the serum levels drop to about 60% of peak values. So if peak estradiol is 50 pg/mL do you want to focus on lowering that, or are you going to worry about the 30 pg/mL it will be down to at the trough?

This applies to peak estradiol but probably not to average. That is, greater injection frequency lowers the peaks and raises the troughs. It is possible that peak estradiol is the main troublemaker, but this is speculation.
Good point

Alecshepard

So the consensus would be immediently after taking the shot? It seems I crash my estrogen right away when I do that. Unfortunately I have low shbg at 10-15 so experience a lot of ups and downs but prefer 2 shots of 60mgs a week. (Trt) and (.125 x2 a week ai)

Fortunate

So the consensus would be immediently after taking the shot? It seems I crash my estrogen right away when I do that. Unfortunately I have low shbg at 10-15 so experience a lot of ups and downs but prefer 2 shots of 60mgs a week. (Trt) and (.125 x2 a week ai)
I have a love/hate relationship with anastrazole. Typically, if I am on an injection protocol, I use the same dose you are using on the day of the injection. It does seem to reduce my likelihood of getting a headache, which I attribute to estrogen spikes. On the other hand, if I’m not careful, I think using the anastrazole can trigger a headache, typically a few days after taking my dose.

Purely anecdotal, though.

Alecshepard

I have a love/hate relationship with anastrazole. Typically, if I am on an injection protocol, I use the same dose you are using on the day of the injection. It does seem to reduce my likelihood of getting a headache, which I attribute to estrogen spikes. On the other hand, if I’m not careful, I think using the anastrazole can trigger a headache, typically a few days after taking my dose.

Purely anecdotal, though.
Understood. Ya unfortunately I can increase frequency but I just don’t feel those small doses. Even at 2 shots I’m starting not to. I am young at 21 so unfortunately like someone previously said, thag could be a reason of my low shbg because everything else checks out. (Pre trt was 23) the ai does seem to help me but just gives me bad hair loss :/

Alecshepard

(On top of that message) would my hair only be falling out because of crashed estrogen? It seems I had it too low before. Prior to trt my hair was falling out because over the last 3 years my estradiol was <12. Super weird and felt horrible.

ASCZTH

Anastrozole reaches peak concentration in about an hour after taking it.[1] Post-injection, the peak in serum testosterone from cypionate probably occurs in the range of 2-8 hours. The implication is that it's best to take anastrozole with or at most a few hours after an injection.
So, if I took 0.0625 arimidex and haven’t felt anything after that time range, should I increase the amount I take?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
So, if I took 0.0625 arimidex and haven’t felt anything after that time range, should I increase the amount I take?
I'd amend my original post to acknowledge that peak serum testosterone with cypionate could occur in a longer time-frame, post-injection. Thus if you're looking to time the AI dose to match the peak then even a day or so later might be more appropriate. The only way to improve the certainly is to have lab work done at various intervals.

Beyond that, you should be skeptical of short-term subjective results. A lot of hormonal activity manifests over much longer time-frames, even into months. Low-and-slow is the preferred approach. A protocol should be given at least a couple of months before there can be a fair evaluation.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me