When is the best time to get blood test checked?

Buy Lab Tests Online
When is the is the best time to get your blood tested to check where TRT has your levels? Should one consider their own peaks and troughs?

Currently on 2x "100mg Test C" & 2x "500IU HCG" a week for 4 months. Got my blood tested for the first time about 12hrs after my the most recent 100mg Text injection. The results were total test >1500 ng/dL, free test >50.40 ng/dL, and estradiol > 90.4 pg/mL.

Although I feel great these values are high and I'm decreasing myself to 150mg a week and will get test in 5 weeks. If there is a best time to get tested after the most recent injection when is it?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
When is the is the best time to get your blood tested to check where TRT has your levels? Should one consider their own peaks and troughs?

Currently on 2x "100mg Test C" & 2x "500IU HCG" a week for 4 months. Got my blood tested for the first time about 12hrs after my the most recent 100mg Text injection. The results were total test >1500 ng/dL, free test >50.40 ng/dL, and estradiol > 90.4 pg/mL.

Although I feel great these values are high and I'm decreasing myself to 150mg a week and will get test in 5 weeks. If there is a best time to get tested after the most recent injection when is it?

The proper time to have blood work done is to test at true trough which in your case would be 84 hrs after your last injection since you are injecting twice weekly (every 3.5 days).

To keep things consistent when one injects twice weekly (every 3.5 days) than as an example if your first injection was Monday morning at 8 am then your second injection should be done on Thursday at 8 pm (84 hrs between injections) and you would then have blood work done the following Monday morning before your 8 am injection which would be your true trough on such protocol.

Although your TT 1500+ and FT levels are absurdly high at peak (12 hrs post-injection) I would bet they are still really high if you would have tested at the true trough on such protocol 200 mg/week (100 mg every 3.5 days) + 500IU hCG (every 3.5 days).

You definitely have room to lower your dose some which you already have done and I would give it 6 weeks until you have blood work done again.

madman

Super Moderator
Do you have full blood work to post from the previous protocol (200 mg/week) as your hemoglobin/hematocrit must be high?

madman

Super Moderator

It looks like you ignored the previous advice which was given.

You stated that your doctor prescribed you 150 mg/week no?

200 mg/week is rarely needed by most let alone when starting trt and as you can see it had your TT/FT levels absurdly high even for a peak (12hrs post-injection).

TucsonJJ

I've been told by a very rude Endicrinologist that it has to be 8am. Guy is a jerk... but maybe is right. I told him that I didn't care when I took the test I showed him, taken at 11am, Free testosterone of 5.2... that even if I had that level at 9pm, I still had a big problem!! Dumped his snarky ass and will see a new UroDoc soon.

It looks like you ignored the previous advice which was given.

You stated that your doctor prescribed you 150 mg/week no?

200 mg/week is rarely needed by most let alone when starting trt and as you can see it had your TT/FT levels absurdly high even for a peak (12hrs post-injection).

Thanks madman for the helpful replies. Yes, I did ignore the advice, in retrospect it was stupid. Reason why is because I wanted to verify my numbers were within range at 200mg and I'd be getting the maximum benefit. If I started at 150mg and my numbers were around 600 ng/dL then I'd move up to 200mg and have to test again. As it stands the test results don't appear that useful as I didn't test at the trough. I've been at 150mg per week for a month+ and will test properly at the trough.

Again thanks for the good advice.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching