When is Prolactin too high and what are benefits of lowering it

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

I was on 0.25 and if you try to split them, they turn into dust. I recall taking it for around 2 or 3 months. I think Bromocriptine is not as strong as Caber and may be a better choice for Prolactin just over range. No one talks about Bromocriptine because there are no magical benefits claims like there is with Caber.

Keepfit1

I was on 0.25 and if you try to split them, they turn into dust. I recall taking it for around 2 or 3 months. I think Bromocriptine is not as strong as Caber and may be a better choice for Prolactin just over range. No one talks about Bromocriptine because there are no magical benefits claims like there is with Caber.
okay thats interesting, were you on 0.25 once or twice a week,I wonder if maybe 0.25 a fortnight might work, will look in to Bromo, any idea on dosing etc

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Don't crash your prolactin.

jobshopper

Be careful when messing with Cabergoline. It can crash your prolactin and has negative effects on dopamine in the long term.

I would not say that your levels are too high
Just curious... what "negative effects on dopamine in the long term" on you referring too. I can't seem to find anything on Dr. Google that says that. Please advise.

elight1

I am also looking for help with elevated Prolactin levels and very low libido.
Lab Corp 2/2023
Prolactin-82.1
TSH-1.81
T4free-1.28
LH-4.0
FSH-7.9
Testosterone-276
Free test-9.1
I am not on TRT now due to costs but I am looking to go back on TRT soon. I would like to lower my Prolactin level and have been on Cabergoline in the past due to a Hyperprolactinema indicationand had MRI`s done with no pituitary masses seen. I also was trying ED meds on the natural side with no results and did not want to try Cial due to headaches and BP going up. I am 58 and healthy. Looking for a little help. Endo doctors seem to be more focused on Diabetes then on any other conditions here in DE.

Gman86

I am also looking for help with elevated Prolactin levels and very low libido.
Lab Corp 2/2023
Prolactin-82.1
TSH-1.81
T4free-1.28
LH-4.0
FSH-7.9
Testosterone-276
Free test-9.1
I am not on TRT now due to costs but I am looking to go back on TRT soon. I would like to lower my Prolactin level and have been on Cabergoline in the past due to a Hyperprolactinema indicationand had MRI`s done with no pituitary masses seen. I also was trying ED meds on the natural side with no results and did not want to try Cial due to headaches and BP going up. I am 58 and healthy. Looking for a little help. Endo doctors seem to be more focused on Diabetes then on any other conditions here in DE.
Selegiline seems to be a pretty good option to lower prolactin a bit. I’ve been using it for quite a while now. Lowering E2 can also help, since estrogen is one of the main things that stimulates the pituitary gland to produce prolactin. Do u know where ur E2 sits currently?

P5P can also lower prolactin to a degree

Systemlord

Endo doctors seem to be more focused on Diabetes then on any other conditions here in DE.
Type 2 & 1 diabetes is more common than low-T and thyroid problems. We're in the middle of an obesity pandemic. There's a saying, if your medical problem isn't in your doctors top ten greatest hits, your experience will be exponentially worse.

Gladiator

Type 2 & 1 diabetes is more common than low-T and thyroid problems. We're in the middle of an obesity pandemic. There's a saying, if your medical problem isn't in your doctors top ten greatest hits, your experience will be exponentially worse.
I need a laugh button on this.
Top 10 doctors greatest hits.

1Antidepressant
2 Antidepressant
3 Antidepressants
4 Anxiety
5 Bipolar

microbeast

OK, I looked at the comments and some I take issue with. Prolactin is not an adult man's friend.
Prolactin actions:
1) acts synergistically with LH to stimulate testosterone secretion from testicles by increasing the number of LH receptors in the testis;
2) influences adrenal androgen formation;
3) enhances testosterone uptake by prostatic cells;
4) alters intra-prostatic androgen metabolism
5) increases uPA to dissolve ECM (extracellular matrix) and facilitate spread of CA
6) enhances angiogenesis
7) decreases libido
8) decreases cognitive function

But the caveat here is that I am a HemOnc and my focus has been prostate cancer and prostate diseases for the last 40 years. So in my context, I like keeping prolactin levels low, very low (e.g., < 10 ng/ml). With TRT, the T ⇢ E2 and the estrogen will increase PRL (prolactin). So I want my adult men to have great cognition, any chance at good libido, and not stimulate PCa (prostate cancer). I have used a lot of cabergoline (Dostinex®) in my medical practice and have found (by checking fasting PRL levels) that often as little as 0.125 mg twice a week (biw) will lower PRL < 10. I also do not want my patients who are on TRT to develop gynecomastia and suppressing estrogen with an aromatase inhibitor and prolactin with cabergoline prevents/solves that problem. So when I use TRT, I monitor PSA to ensure no serial ↑ indicating that an occult PCa has been awoken; I use an AI like anastrozole (Arimidex®) at 0.5 mg biw and titrate the dose based on estradiol (E2) levels, ensure the PRL level is optimal (for my patients < 10) and use cabergoline, but start with 1/2 tab or 0.25 mg biw and lower or raise pending fasting PRL level; I check the DHT level since that is a potent hormone that stimulates prostate growth, which I do not want; and of course, I check the free testosterone which is far more important than total testosterone. I would consider using HCG to preserve the size of the gonads, but in my patient population that is usually not an issue.
Hi there. I was hoping you could give me some information. I'm 40 very healthy 8% body fat. I eat better than 99% of the population. About 3 or 4 months ago I started experiencing dull orgasams, lack of sensitivity and mild ED. Before this I've been experiencing muscle weakness for a little over a year. I also get random eye issues trouble focusing and occasionally it has thrown my balance off even. I'd call it eye strain possibly. My TSH was a 6 on a scale with a maximum of 4.5 and I had mild hypercalcemia at 10.6. So we thought parathyroid issues but my recent blood work shows everything is perfect now as far as TSH and hypercalcemia go. Now my prolactin is at 13.5 on a scale of up to 15.2 ng/ml. Estrogen is ideal testosterone is ideal. Testosterone is at peak of 1200ng/dl and trough of 1000ng/dl. So a little higher than someone who's not on exogenous testosterone but still within lab range. Estrogen sits at 40 pg/ml. I stopped using Anastrozole and measured Estrogen one month later to analyze levels and it was sitting at that 40pg/ml I mentioned. No symptoms of high estrogen either. I've been on TRT for over 5 years and can tell if estrogen is high or low without blood work. So to recap my primary symptoms are sexual dysfunction, muscle weakness and eye strain or eye issues. Sexual dysfunction bothers me the most because I've never have ever had any issues at all. Matter of fact my sexual function was through the roof 3,4 months ago. Do you think prolactin could be causing these problems? I know you mentioned ideal is <10 and I'm near the top at 13.5 on a scale of a maximum of 15.2. I'd also like to mention i took Primobolan a couple months ago and it crashed my estrogen very badly. It was pharmaceutical Bayer Brand Primobolan i bought in Turkey. It isnt crashed anymore but i did start experiencing sexual dysfunction around this time. Any help or feedback I'd really appreciate .

Keepfit1

OK, I looked at the comments and some I take issue with. Prolactin is not an adult man's friend.
Prolactin actions:
1) acts synergistically with LH to stimulate testosterone secretion from testicles by increasing the number of LH receptors in the testis;
2) influences adrenal androgen formation;
3) enhances testosterone uptake by prostatic cells;
4) alters intra-prostatic androgen metabolism
5) increases uPA to dissolve ECM (extracellular matrix) and facilitate spread of CA
6) enhances angiogenesis
7) decreases libido
8) decreases cognitive function

But the caveat here is that I am a HemOnc and my focus has been prostate cancer and prostate diseases for the last 40 years. So in my context, I like keeping prolactin levels low, very low (e.g., < 10 ng/ml). With TRT, the T ⇢ E2 and the estrogen will increase PRL (prolactin). So I want my adult men to have great cognition, any chance at good libido, and not stimulate PCa (prostate cancer). I have used a lot of cabergoline (Dostinex®) in my medical practice and have found (by checking fasting PRL levels) that often as little as 0.125 mg twice a week (biw) will lower PRL < 10. I also do not want my patients who are on TRT to develop gynecomastia and suppressing estrogen with an aromatase inhibitor and prolactin with cabergoline prevents/solves that problem. So when I use TRT, I monitor PSA to ensure no serial ↑ indicating that an occult PCa has been awoken; I use an AI like anastrozole (Arimidex®) at 0.5 mg biw and titrate the dose based on estradiol (E2) levels, ensure the PRL level is optimal (for my patients < 10) and use cabergoline, but start with 1/2 tab or 0.25 mg biw and lower or raise pending fasting PRL level; I check the DHT level since that is a potent hormone that stimulates prostate growth, which I do not want; and of course, I check the free testosterone which is far more important than total testosterone. I would consider using HCG to preserve the size of the gonads, but in my patient population that is usually not an issue.
I have listened to several Hertoghe vids and he says low GH causes high prolactin and by correcting GH it lowers Prolactin. I’ve never heard that anywhere else though. Anyone?

Gman86

I have listened to several Hertoghe vids and he says low GH causes high prolactin and by correcting GH it lowers Prolactin. I’ve never heard that anywhere else though. Anyone?
That’s ironic because I’ve heard that growth hormone can increase prolactin levels

Keepfit1

That’s ironic because I’ve heard that growth hormone can increase prolactin levels
oops sorry guys , I got SHBG and Prolactin mixed up, Hertoghe says high SHBG can be due to low GH and high prolactin can be due to hyperthyroidism, I dint know that either

Hi there. I was hoping you could give me some information. I'm 40 very healthy 8% body fat. I eat better than 99% of the population. About 3 or 4 months ago I started experiencing dull orgasams, lack of sensitivity and mild ED. Before this I've been experiencing muscle weakness for a little over a year. I also get random eye issues trouble focusing and occasionally it has thrown my balance off even. I'd call it eye strain possibly. My TSH was a 6 on a scale with a maximum of 4.5 and I had mild hypercalcemia at 10.6. So we thought parathyroid issues but my recent blood work shows everything is perfect now as far as TSH and hypercalcemia go. Now my prolactin is at 13.5 on a scale of up to 15.2 ng/ml. Estrogen is ideal testosterone is ideal. Testosterone is at peak of 1200ng/dl and trough of 1000ng/dl. So a little higher than someone who's not on exogenous testosterone but still within lab range. Estrogen sits at 40 pg/ml. I stopped using Anastrozole and measured Estrogen one month later to analyze levels and it was sitting at that 40pg/ml I mentioned. No symptoms of high estrogen either. I've been on TRT for over 5 years and can tell if estrogen is high or low without blood work. So to recap my primary symptoms are sexual dysfunction, muscle weakness and eye strain or eye issues. Sexual dysfunction bothers me the most because I've never have ever had any issues at all. Matter of fact my sexual function was through the roof 3,4 months ago. Do you think prolactin could be causing these problems? I know you mentioned ideal is <10 and I'm near the top at 13.5 on a scale of a maximum of 15.2. I'd also like to mention i took Primobolan a couple months ago and it crashed my estrogen very badly. It was pharmaceutical Bayer Brand Primobolan i bought in Turkey. It isnt crashed anymore but i did start experiencing sexual dysfunction around this time. Any help or feedback I'd really appreciate .

I had to use my research app called EndNote to find articles on Methenolone Acetate (Primobolan). This drug has been banned in the US for many decades and also banned by the European Union since 1981. The world peer-reviewed literature has a sum total of 19 articles, most of which are non-human and the most recent article being 16 years old. Primobolan is stated to be a dihydrotestosterone (DHT) derivative and if so then it is a very potent hormone that can stimulate prostate gland growth. If you have an occult prostate cancer that is a great way to wake up the cancer and activate it given the more potent growth effects of DHT vs. T on prostate cancer. My reading is that Primobolan in injectable form is far more potent as a muscle-building hormone than the oral version. Apparently there is no aromatization of this molecule to estradiol. I do not know how it could "crash" your estrogen level. I do not think it would affect prolactin levels, but I cannot find any literature about this. I would not be enthusiastic about buying a product from Turkey without someone analyzing the product.
Your vision problems deserve an in-depth evaluation by an ophthalmologist. If there was documentation of visual loss or abnormality in visual fields, I would get an MRI of the pituitary and optic chiasma to be sure there is no pituitary adenoma. I would double check your TSH since you have one abnormal level and then one apparently normal level.
For sure, given the DHT affects on the prostate, I would be monitoring my PSA. In fact, any man on any form of TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) should be monitoring PSA levels with a scientific approach (i.e., same assay, testing in morning only or afternoon only but not both, no ejaculation for 48 hrs prior to testing, watching out for a serial increase in PSA levels which may be forecasting prostate cancer in its early phase).

Gman86

I had to use my research app called EndNote to find articles on Methenolone Acetate (Primobolan). This drug has been banned in the US for many decades and also banned by the European Union since 1981. The world peer-reviewed literature has a sum total of 19 articles, most of which are non-human and the most recent article being 16 years old. Primobolan is stated to be a dihydrotestosterone (DHT) derivative and if so then it is a very potent hormone that can stimulate prostate gland growth. If you have an occult prostate cancer that is a great way to wake up the cancer and activate it given the more potent growth effects of DHT vs. T on prostate cancer. My reading is that Primobolan in injectable form is far more potent as a muscle-building hormone than the oral version. Apparently there is no aromatization of this molecule to estradiol. I do not know how it could "crash" your estrogen level. I do not think it would affect prolactin levels, but I cannot find any literature about this. I would not be enthusiastic about buying a product from Turkey without someone analyzing the product.
Your vision problems deserve an in-depth evaluation by an ophthalmologist. If there was documentation of visual loss or abnormality in visual fields, I would get an MRI of the pituitary and optic chiasma to be sure there is no pituitary adenoma. I would double check your TSH since you have one abnormal level and then one apparently normal level.
For sure, given the DHT affects on the prostate, I would be monitoring my PSA. In fact, any man on any form of TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) should be monitoring PSA levels with a scientific approach (i.e., same assay, testing in morning only or afternoon only but not both, no ejaculation for 48 hrs prior to testing, watching out for a serial increase in PSA levels which may be forecasting prostate cancer in its early phase).
Primobolan decreases E2. Forget the exact mechanism by which it does this, but most DHT derivatives will lower E2 in ur serum and on a blood test, or inhibit E2‘s effects, but won’t visibly show a lowering of E2 on a blood test. Masteron is an example of inhibiting E2’s effects, but not lowering E2 in the serum/ on a blood test. It was initially created to treat breast cancer. Hence the prefix “mast”. They studied it in this regard due to its inhibition of E2. Primobolan actually lowers E2 in the serum, and since E2 is the main stimulator of prolactin release in the male body, prolactin will subsequently tend to go down as E2 goes down.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me