What's your experience with being overly emotional / brain fog?

Buy Lab Tests Online

trtthings

So testosterone seems to have done wonders for my fatigue which I'm really grateful for.

However I often feel extremely emotional and almost on the verge of crying. Sometimes after working out, sometimes after sex, often after nothing at all.

Has anybody got experience with anything similar?

My top theories:
* High E2, but I'm not sure, dampening it seems to dampen it, but sometimes I get it regardless
* High prolactin / prolactin spikes
* Thyroid problems: This mostly due to slower digestion, brain fog and intolerance to cold, hypothyroid has been tied to mood swings

It would seem my solutions would be:
* If E2/Prolactin: Lower test dose, or raise AI dose, or (lower test dose and add proviron for more free test) - If prolactin a very low dose of a dopamine antagonist might work
* If thyroid, supplementing with a low dose T3

But does this make sense? What is your experience?

It might also just be the rapid changes in hormones. I just switched to cyp from testo gel.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DixieWrecked

yeah man if you just switched then you can be in for a wild ride. I am the poster child of changing things too quickly and can verify that hormonal swings can make one feel crazy. I may be sensitive.

trtthings

yeah man if you just switched then you can be in for a wild ride. I am the poster child of changing things too quickly and can verify that hormonal swings can make one feel crazy. I may be sensitive.

Hopefully this is the case. But I can't be feeling like this for months, I feel like I need to address this if possible.

Goel

I've had no emotional mood swings since I started test cyp injections. But I had them BIG TIME when took clomid a few years ago - in fact that was the biggest reason I discontinued it. I felt like a man with PMS.

No. 7

Well.... I'm too new around here to be dispensing advice but one thing I hear loud and clear is you have to give things time in this game.....

One more possible solution you may have missed is:
Don't be adding anything else new to the mix.

Keep a journal for the next 5 or 6 weeks and write down what you are doing, how much, when and what you experience and go from there. I guess if it is unbearable, that's another story...

Go slow & Good luck !

slicktop

I always get lambasted over this on here because most members here do well with a magic T/E ratio (there's a formula, I don't know what it is off the top of my head), but over the last couple years I've proven time and time again that does NOT work for me. I've tried it. I've waited for it to "equalize" or for me to adjust... nope. I don't care if my T is 250, 700, or 1200, if my E2 gets much above my SHBG, I turn incredibly moody, and I hate it. If I keep my E2 nice and low (~30), I'm my normal, happy self. My pre-TRT E2 level was in the high teens and I had no libido or erection issues whatsoever... so maybe I'm a weirdo and just do good with low E2, I don't know.

Last edited:

trtthings

I always get lambasted over this on here because most members here do well with a magic T/E ratio (there's a formula, I don't know what it is off the top of my head), but over the last couple years I've proven time and time again that does NOT work for me. I've tried it. I've waited for it to "equalize" or for me to adjust... nope. I don't care if my T is 250, 700, or 1200, if my E2 gets much above my SHBG, I turn incredibly moody, and I hate it. If I keep my E2 nice and low (~30), I'm my normal, happy self. My pre-TRT E2 level was in the high teens and I had no libido or erection issues whatsoever... so maybe I'm a weirdo and just do good with low E2, I don't know.

Good point, I think we need to appreciate that people are different. What is your protocol these days and where does that land your E2?

madman

Super Moderator
So testosterone seems to have done wonders for my fatigue which I'm really grateful for.

However I often feel extremely emotional and almost on the verge of crying. Sometimes after working out, sometimes after sex, often after nothing at all.

Has anybody got experience with anything similar?

My top theories:
* High E2, but I'm not sure, dampening it seems to dampen it, but sometimes I get it regardless
* High prolactin / prolactin spikes
* Thyroid problems: This mostly due to slower digestion, brain fog and intolerance to cold, hypothyroid has been tied to mood swings

It would seem my solutions would be:
* If E2/Prolactin: Lower test dose, or raise AI dose, or (lower test dose and add proviron for more free test) - If prolactin a very low dose of a dopamine antagonist might work
* If thyroid, supplementing with a low dose T3

But does this make sense? What is your experience?

It might also just be the rapid changes in hormones. I just switched to cyp from testo gel.

You have been posting numerous threads regarding various issues since your recent switch from the transdermal to injections.

I understand your concerns but there is no point in jumping to any conclusions let alone making any rash decisions yet as again your hormones are is FLUX since you just started injections using esterified T.

You need to wait 4-6 weeks for blood levels to stabilize let alone give it 2-3 months (if FT levels are healthy) for the body to adapt to those new levels.

trtthings

You have been posting numerous threads regarding various issues since your recent switch from the transdermal to injections.

I understand your concerns but there is no point in jumping to any conclusions let alone making any rash decisions yet as again your hormones are is FLUX since you just started injections using esterified T.

You need to wait 4-6 weeks for blood levels to stabilize let alone give it 2-3 months (if FT levels are healthy) for the body to adapt to those new levels.

Very valid point. It's quite disconcerting to feel emotional to the point of crying on a daily basis when you're used to pretty much never feeling that. But I do need to let this settle as you say.. I'm still so curious as to what it is exactly that makes me feel this way. Maybe it's the "fluctuations" themselves.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me