What We Should Be Eating

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Welcome to the Human Performance Outliers Podcast with hosts Dr. Shawn Baker and Zach Bitter. For this episode, Dr. Nadir Ali joined the show. Nadir is a cardiologist who advocates a high fat low carb diet, a cyclist, and hosts the youtube channel Nadir Mir Ali.
Just watch the 5-minute segment from 45:20 - 50:30 if you are interested in the carnivore perspective of eating.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

At 53:15 the Doc says if you eat nuts without cooking them they bind to minerals.

I think this only counts if you eat nuts with a meal, a nut snack between meals doesn't count.

But i have never heard of anyone cooking nuts. Doesn't sound very tasty.

In any case, people have evolved to be omnivores and in my view a mixed diet is always best as long as you don't have some sort of intolerance of one food group or another.

Once someone tries to go into a narrow diet, all vegan, all meat, whatever narrow type diet is trending (or needed), nutritional deficiencies can easily develop.

Blackhawk

I have heard of people soaking raw nuts to initiate sprouting, it is supposed to reduce phytates or something. Problem is, with some nuts (I know almonds are an example) they are flash pasteurized, heated, steamed, zapped or something so they are no longer truly raw and sproutable. This is supposedly to protect us from dreaded bacterial infection based on like one incident in 50 years.

Blackhawk

almonds are the only nut, seed or dried fruit that must — by law — be pasteurized. If they're not steamed, they must be fumigated with a chemical called propylene oxide, or PPO. The regulation is a result of two salmonella outbreaks traced to almonds in the early 2000s.May 19, 2015
What Does 'Raw' Mean? When It Comes To Almonds, You Might Be ...

Cornucopia Institute Files Action Seeking Almond Pasteurization Documents - Cornucopia Institute

Gotta love industrialized food supply systems eh?

Gianluca

Dear Vince, I know we had a little discussion sometime ago about more carbs or more fat, I'm slowly getting to a point where I'm embracing going on higher fat less carbs as I understand the superior benefits for CVD and diabetes. Yet I'm not ready to give up on grains, I'm cutting them in half and adding the missing calories in nuts/extra virgin olive oil

Vince

Super Moderator
Dear Vince, I know we had a little discussion sometime ago about more carbs or more fat, I'm slowly getting to a point where I'm embracing going on higher fat less carbs as I understand the superior benefits for CVD and diabetes. Yet I'm not ready to give up on grains, I'm cutting them in half and adding the missing calories in nuts/extra virgin olive oil

My dad had a massive heart a age 60 and my mom had a heart attack at age 70. I'm thankful that both are still alive today, both are age 87 and married 68 years. So it's easy for me to get up grains.

BradWI

You really should listen all the way to 53:00 as it covers the basics of why we do not suffer deficiencies. They're more bio-available in meat and there's no anti-nutrients.

I've been carnivore 14 months. I'm in large FB carnivore groups where we probably have 50,000+ total carnivores. Nutrient deficiencies are just not happening.

BradWI

Example of a typical Carnivore OMAD meal.

26 oz USDA Prime Ribeye
6 oz Wild Sockeye Salmon
3 raw egg yolks
8-14 oz Whole Milk
6-8 oz Kefir
1/3 tin of cat food (Cod Liver in its own oil)
Some Kerrygold butter for the salmon and steak.

IMG_20190604_200359.jpg

SilverSurfer

One meal a day. Intermittent fasting. Carnivore diet. All recycled food fads from the past. Americans are so stupid when it comes to eating its mind numbing.

Gianluca

You really should listen all the way to 53:00 as it covers the basics of why we do not suffer deficiencies. They're more bio-available in meat and there's no anti-nutrients.

I've been carnivore 14 months. I'm in large FB carnivore groups where we probably have 50,000+ total carnivores. Nutrient deficiencies are just not happening.

Meats are the best bio available source of Vitamins and Minerals. I just realized not long time ago that even potassium is one of them, I mean 8oz of Chicken breast has about 700mg of well absorbable potassium. yet no one speaks about getting more chicken for potassium

abe

Meats are the best bio available source of Vitamins and Minerals. I just realized not long time ago that even potassium is one of them, I mean 8oz of Chicken breast has about 700mg of well absorbable potassium. yet no one speaks about getting more chicken for potassium
Cool, that's was new to me. I did have to look it up.

Having enough potassium (K+) in the diet is important in the body's water balance. Vegetables and fruits are the best sources ofpotassium, but did you know that fish and meats like lean beef, pork, and chicken also contain a lot of potassium?
1560635813443.png

Chicken.ca › ca › health › chicken-gets-k...
Chicken gets K+ for being high in potassium - ...

Gianluca

Cool, that's was new to me. I did have to look it up.

Having enough potassium (K+) in the diet is important in the body's water balance. Vegetables and fruits are the best sources ofpotassium, but did you know that fish and meats like lean beef, pork, and chicken also contain a lot of potassium?
View attachment 7668
Chicken.ca › ca › health › chicken-gets-k...
Chicken gets K+ for being high in potassium - ...

absolutely! I took two courses in nutrition, yet no books mentioned the high potassium content of Chicken, meat is good for the heart guys

BigTex

absolutely! I took two courses in nutrition, yet no books mentioned the high potassium content of Chicken, meat is good for the heart guys
Probably because most registered dietitians push carbs over fats and protein. My dual are of interest when I did my master's degree was nutrition and exercise physiology. I had a lot of discussions with my professors about the importance of protein.

Fernando Almaguer

Most people know what they're supposed to eat...then they somehow find themselves at Smoothie King.
It is definitely tied to dopamine, repeating these habits tends to engrave them deeper. Also convenience and stress eating. I really have compassion for people now days. For I too succumb to the SAD often. I am working on getting much better

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me