What sugar substitute do you use?

Buy Lab Tests Online

sammmy

What sugar substitute do you use and for what: drinks, pudding, cake, cookies etc?

To limit my sugar consumption, I use sucralose in a cup of hot cocoa, cocoa rice pudding with rice flower, or sometimes to sweeten protein shakes.

Sucralose works ok for that and you need very little amount, but I wish I had a sweetener that has the intensity of sugar to overpower the bitterness of cocoa to make chocolate. Neither sucralose, nor stevia alone can do that. Some sugar alcohols can, but lead to diarrhea.

I recently tried pure Erythritol and it appears rather weak in a cup of cocoa. I had to keep adding teaspoon after teaspoon and it just doesn't get sweet like sugar or even sucralose. I even ate directly spoonfuls of Erythritol and it just burns my throat like honey but melts into water with a hint of sweetness.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

Monk fruit powder tastes great. No bitter after taste.

What brand of monk fruit is this?

There are "pure" monk fruit extracts but they are very expensive and the reviews are not favorable - "not sweet" is the common complain.

There are also monk fruit "blends", like Lakanto, that are 99% Erythritol. I expect to be disappointed by those since they are basically Erythritol. The negative reviews on Lakanto are exactly what I say about Erythritol.

DaytonaJonah

What brand of monk fruit is this?

There are "pure" monk fruit extracts but they are very expensive and the reviews are not favorable - "not sweet" is the common complain.

There are also monk fruit "blends", like Lakanto, that are 99% Erythritol. I expect to be disappointed by those since they are basically Erythritol. The negative reviews on Lakanto are exactly what I say about Erythritol.
Of all the ones we've tried, the Splenda brand tastes the best. If it is blended with Erythritol, I'm not sure. Either way, it tastes good to us and hasn't been a factor in our health one way or the other.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
Glycine. The only thing I sweeten are cranberries and glycine works great. It is also very beneficial beyond just making cranberries edible.
Glycine works very well. I have a container of packets that can be used to sweeten something. Only thing about Glycine is that it makes some people drowsy.

sammmy

Apparently there is nothing better than Sucralose invented. It is like Stevia (if you overdo it, it gets bitter but not intensely sweet like sugar) without the herbal taste.

Years ago, when there was 100% pure Stevia, it was really good, but nowadays it is always cut with something and doesn't perform as well so I gave up on buying Stevia.

I use sucralose for hot cocoa drink, chocolate rice pudding with milk always comes good. However, sucralose and stevia do not have the sweetness intensity of sugar to sweeten chocolate for example.

My favorite recipe is mixing a 1lb of frozen strawberries, thawed in the microwave, add a heaping teaspoon of L-Glutamine, and a pinch of sucralose. The L-Glutamine mixes with the water juice of the strawberries and forms a white crunchy "sauce", which is made sweet by the sucralose. I actually prefer that to strawberries and sugar.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me