What purpose does DHEA serve in a TRT regimen?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Craig74

Does DHEA serve any purpose other than converting into estrogen and testosterone? If I'm on TRT, I don't really need an additional source of either of those. Does it do anything on its own? My doctor prescribed me some because it was low. But why? It did seem to increase my acne but I didn't feel any benefits.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Willyt

Some TRT doctors prescribe it as standard protocol. How low did you test? Pure Encapsulations sells smaller dose of 5mg if you want to take more conservative route.

I personally avoid it since I'm usually mid-range and didn't like the jittery feeling that came with it. Plus its just one more variable to worry about.

msfarid

Does DHEA serve any purpose other than converting into estrogen and testosterone? If I'm on TRT, I don't really need an additional source of either of those. Does it do anything on its own? My doctor prescribed me some because it was low. But why? It did seem to increase my acne but I didn't feel any benefits.
Same here
It’s below than normal but other blood tests are fine
The only complaint is low libido and my doctor does not think DHEA supplements will help

jacb

I have no knowledge of the subject, but I did see this on the Excelmale Forum page DHEA dangerous with TRT?

The Potential Benefits of DHEA Restoration:
Improved cognitive function and mood
Increased bone mineral density
Enhanced cardiovascular health
Improved insulin sensitivity
Enhanced immune function
Youthful skin restoration
Improved sexual function in men and women
Decreased levels of inflammatory markers
Increased longevity

Eagleface

Get dialed in on T alone, then add DHEA low dose for a few weeks and assess how you feel.

Gladiator

If you have been on trt for a few months then take as doctor said. See how you feel on it after a few weeks. Many of people struggle to get prescribed things like this that can make your life better. If you don’t take it like the doctor said then how would you know what it’s going to do.

Just remember that everyone is different and this could be the magic you been looking for.

Craig74

If you have been on trt for a few months then take as doctor said. See how you feel on it after a few weeks. Many of people struggle to get prescribed things like this that can make your life better. If you don’t take it like the doctor said then how would you know what it’s going to do.

Just remember that everyone is different and this could be the magic you been looking for.

I took it daily for a couple of weeks but I started getting acne (back and face). That's why I dialed it back. I've been on TRT for 1.5 years and am dialed in as far as the T goes. My DHEA was a bit low which is why the doc prescribed it. Other than the acne, I didn't feel much of a difference. I asked the question because sometimes there are benefits you can't feel.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Run fractionated estrogen labs before and after you introduce DHEA. If estrone wasn't on your radar before, it will be after this experiment. DHEA = E1 through the roof in my case.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me