what is the real cause of finasteride /dutasteride induced gynecomastia ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

eudes

I , i would like to know the cause of the gynecomastia induced by 5ar inhibitor ;
- IS it because of the really low DHT level ?
OR
-IS it because of the higher oestradiol level ?

I am currently on dutasteride and tamoxifen ; and my oestradiol level are 25 pg/ml ; which seem quite normal . However i have a gynecomastia because of the medication .
thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Will Brink

I , i would like to know the cause of the gynecomastia induced by 5ar inhibitor ;
- IS it because of the really low DHT level ?
OR
-IS it because of the higher oestradiol level ?

I am currently on dutasteride and tamoxifen ; and my oestradiol level are 25 pg/ml ; which seem quite normal . However i have a gynecomastia because of the medication .
thanks

When you block one of several possible pathways (such as T to DHT) other pathways may compensate/up regulate, and 5ar inhibitors often sees a bump in E2 as that pathway has more substrate being pushed due to 5ar inhibition. Perhaps there's more current/advanced understanding of the effect since I looked, but that's the basic idea. I would not expect one to see gyno issues at your E2 levels. Is that via the sensitive test? Did you have gyno before? Those with pre existing gyno tend to be more sensitive to it. Why are you on the dutasteride? You'll not find many fans of that drug here.

eudes

thanks vince .
yes it was a sensitive test .
I take duta because i was on finasteride for 5 years prior to this for hair loss with no result .
I never had gyno during puberty ( I am 25 yo)
Ok so the only cause of breast tissue growth is E2 ? the low DHT itself can't cause this ?
thanks

Systemlord

Lowering DHT is those who are genetically prone to gyno can trigger it, elevated estrogen only worsens the situation. This medication is a recipe for gyno.

Will Brink

thanks vince .
yes it was a sensitive test .
I take duta because i was on finasteride for 5 years prior to this for hair loss with no result .
I never had gyno during puberty ( I am 25 yo)
Ok so the only cause of breast tissue growth is E2 ? the low DHT itself can't cause this ?
thanks

The effects on MPB are so minimal and the side effects in some men bad enough, difficult to justify use of a 5ar inhibitors for MPB.

eudes

thanks again guys .
But i just need to know this , because if the E2 is the culprit , i would just take low dosage arimidex to reduce it to the 15-20 pg / ml range .

Will Brink

thanks again guys .
But i just need to know this , because if the E2 is the culprit , i would just take low dosage arimidex to reduce it to the 15-20 pg / ml range .

When you start playing poly pharmacy like that, you'll usually go pan -> fire. I recommend you take some time to do more research on the topic via this forum.

Systemlord

thanks again guys .

That's aiming a little low, it would be different if SHBG was very low. Never aim for a number, they do fluctuate and aren't static, go for symptom relief. If you having or thinking about sex several times a day and making progress in the gym, then your TRT protocol is dialed in.

eudes

so 25 pg/ml is not too high ? it will not cause gyno ?
because my DHT level is extremely low ( close to 0 )
This this the E2 which cause the breast tissue ?

dht balances e2 and antagonizes it at the receptor level.. post finasteride syndrom causes your body to be insensitive or resistant to dht.. that's why you get gyno with normal e2 level..

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me