What is the Daily recommended vitamin c dose

Buy Lab Tests Online

M.J

I can’t find this anywhere in the forum.I am doing 1000mg but I think you can do 2000mg safely ?
How much do you take ?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

I take 2-3 grams per day under normal conditions, and if I am feeling any kind of infection I double or triple that and add in liposomal vitamin C as well. I don't know of any firm guidelines, but my dosing is loosely based on what animals that produce their own vitamin c (almost all of them) produce.

Vince

Super Moderator
I take 1,000 mg twice a day. I was doing double that but got tired of buying vitamin c. Even with this amount, my levels are somewhat below normal range.

VacationMan

Vitamin C is water soluble, so any excess you take goes out in urine. It's safe to take excess doses. I get chewables and take 2,000 mg per day. Plus my daily alco-biotic (a margarita made with fresh lime juice). I'm getting sufficient Vitamin C - no worries!

Gianluca

I take 2-3 grams per day under normal conditions, and if I am feeling any kind of infection I double or triple that and add in liposomal vitamin C as well. I don't know of any firm guidelines, but my dosing is loosely based on what animals that produce their own vitamin c (almost all of them) produce.
This is a good plan, I used to do the same.

I now take 1 or 2 liposomal packs per day plus 1000mg of regular ascorbic acid, because I understand that oral ascorbic acid could substantially converts into oxalic acid, when IV does not as much, and Liposomal theoretically neither,
with the latter being possibly the best for the oxalic acid issue.

Gman86

Surprised people are still talking ascorbic acid. It’s actually not good for u. It’s not even real vitamin C. And to make matters worse, it actually blocks the effects of actual vit c. It’s basically the same concept of taking folic acid (synthetic folate) vs taking actual folate. Folic acid blocks actual folate from doing its job within the body. There’s a bunch of info why ascorbic acid isn’t good for u, but here’s a quick vid on it

MarcoFL

I have switched to getting a fresh made green drink every morning for my vitamin and mineral needs. I think I do feel better and it is also a major boost to my nitric oxide levels! I think there is something to the video Gman posted.

Gman86

I have switched to getting a fresh made green drink every morning for my vitamin and mineral needs. I think I do feel better and it is also a major boost to my nitric oxide levels! I think there is something to the video Gman posted.

This is just one video. I could of posted a ton more on the subject. I thought it would be common knowledge at this point that ascorbic acid does more harm than good. If u want to increase ur intake of actual vitamin C, just focus on foods high in vitamin C obv, or get it from a whole foods source, that is extremely high in actual vitamin C, like Camu Camu powder, or acerola cherry powder

Systemlord

How much do you take ?
I drink 8 ounces of OJ (90mg) every morning which is the recommended daily amount of vitamin C for an adult male.

Your body will just dump the excess anyway., so I don't see why I should supplement as I don't have absorption issues and therefore a deficiency.

Supplementing vitamins is for people who eat the wrong foods or can't get enough absorbed through diet alone.

It's important for your gut to break down the foods naturally and get the vitamins and minerals that way rather than supplementing.

Last edited:

Johnny6419

Hi, taking 1000mg of vitamin c is good but you can also take 2000mg each day if you are an adult but not more than 2000mg because it may increase the risk of side effects in your body by taking a vast amount of vitamin c.

EricLawrence

The daily recommended amount of vitamin C varies depending on age, sex, and other factors. But in general, a woman should take around 75 mg a day and a man - 90 mg. Wonder how to count this quantity? Just keep in mind that an orange or a cup of strawberries provides enough vitamin C for the day. The upper limit for all adults is 2000 mg a day. Don't consume too much vitamin C as it can cause stomach upset and diarrhea. Currently, I'm taking vitamin complex tablets and I don't have to worry about the exact amount of every component. I'm sure that I receive enough of all of them and I don't cause any side.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me