What has been your experience with progesterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

MNguy

Sorry, I know there are a ton of other threads on progesterone, but seems like a lot of them get derailed and you have to filter through like 12 pages of comments and studies people posted. I just want to know straight up, what has been your experience with progesterone?

For me, I’m on day 5 of about 5mg applied to my balls. The first few days were great. Awesome mood and libido. Now libido is down and it’s difficult to reach orgasm (Sorry if that’s TMI). I’m thinking maybe the scrotal application is too much for me? Anyways, I’m curious to hear of others experiences.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

I have done scrotal application before bed because it helps me sleep. I never got any libido boost or mood boost, though.

drkelp

Yep. I get the same from pregnenolone. I think again it depends where you're at initially. May help some may hurt others. Know that's not allot of help. Haha

jobshopper

I started using bioidentical progesterone (available on Amazon) 9 months ago after finding supporting information that it may be good for the prostate and BPH symptoms. I am 69 years old and have had BPH for several years. It has helped to relieve my BPH symptoms.

From the internet: "Any man over 50 should use a small amount of transdermal natural progesterone daily to offset the excess estrogens in his blood. Since women commonly apply about 25 mg topically, a man could use 5 mg a day topically. Applying a mere 1/8th teaspoon directly to the scrotum (testicle sac) five days a week is all you need. You can also use your inner wrists (thin skin), abdomen, or neck. Use a good cream with 1,000 mg per two ounce jar. It is reassuring to know that progesterone has no toxicity to speak of, especially in these small amounts. It is very safe to use without any known side effects at all. Studies in laboratory animals given very large doses resulted in no side effects."
"Did you know your prostate actually has progesterone receptors. To have a healthy prostate gland, your receptors must constantly have enough blood progesterone to keep them filled. Studies on laboratory animals have actually reduced the weights of their prostates just by giving them natural progesterone. We need some studies on real men here. Progesterone is therefore anti-feminizing in men."

Gman86

I personally stick with injectable prog. Find it more convenient and can make sure I’m getting the exact dose that’s intended. Plus I pretty much know what dose is gonna get me to specific blood levels.

Feel like I’ve noticed that it helps me stay calm and comfortable in any social situation. I also think it’s improved my mood and energy a bit. Can’t say I’ve noticed anything else. Sleep is good, but I’ve always slept pretty good

jobshopper

I personally stick with injectable prog. Find it more convenient and can make sure I’m getting the exact dose that’s intended. Plus I pretty much know what dose is gonna get me to specific blood levels.

Feel like I’ve noticed that it helps me stay calm and comfortable in any social situation. I also think it’s improved my mood and energy a bit. Can’t say I’ve noticed anything else. Sleep is good, but I’ve always slept pretty good
Is it bioidentical? How old are you?

jobshopper

Ya, bioidentical pharma grade from empower pharmacy. It’s Auromedics brand. I’m 35
Thank you for sharing that. Out of curiosity, what is your current Progesterone blood level? What was it before you started Progesterone? What condition were you diagnosed to have in order to be prescribed Progesterone? How much Progesterone do you inject and how often?
Thanks again.

Bmac

still would like to have a more clear consensus on what a man’s natural progesterone levels are. According to lc/ms Testing an even my own not Hypogonadal brothers blood work it’s very low. Progesterone may be a more potent anti-androgen than is realized. But this is all just my opinion.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
still would like to have a more clear consensus on what a man’s natural progesterone levels are. According to lc/ms Testing an even my own not Hypogonadal brothers blood work it’s very low. Progesterone may be a more potent anti-androgen than is realized. But this is all just my opinion.
The normal range for men includes zero, if that tells you anything. I'm not sold on supplementing it personally. It has some sedative effects that some people like but I think it's more like a drug in that respect.

Gianluca

The normal range for men includes zero, if that tells you anything. I'm not sold on supplementing it personally. It has some sedative effects that some people like but I think it's more like a drug in that respect.
I think it comes to the delivery method used. Anything that goes to the first pass in the liver or that is applied to the skin could totally have a non physiologic effect, so more like a drug effect.

I believe the injection route of administration for Progesterone probably the closet to physiological, second to possibly sublingual or in an oral lipid matrix version.

Too much conversion of Progesterone into allopregnenolone can possibly cause drowsiness and drug like feeling many have reported, me included.

Gman86

I think it comes to the delivery method used. Anything that goes to the first pass in the liver or that is applied to the skin could totally have a non physiologic effect, so more like a drug effect.

I believe the injection route of administration for Progesterone probably the closet to physiological, second to possibly sublingual or in an oral lipid matrix version.

Too much conversion of Progesterone into allopregnenolone can possibly cause drowsiness and drug like feeling many have reported, me included.
Finally got around to checking the concentration of my injectable prog for ya. Sorry it took so long. Looks like it’s 50mg/ ml.

i used to take between 1-2mg SL before bed. 2mg had my prog at 1.6. 1mg had my prog at 0.6. Those were the only prog labs I could quickly find while on the injectable prog

So even if someone were on the high end of prog injectable dosing, at 2mg/ day, the bottle I have would last a little more than 8 months. It basically doesn’t get cheaper than injectable prog lol

Attachments

• IMG_0333.jpeg
    IMG_0333.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 42

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
i used to take between 1-2mg SL before bed. 2mg had my prog at 1.6. 1mg had my prog at 0.6. Those were the only prog labs I could quickly find while on the injectable prog
Why did you stop? I assume it wasn't doing enough of anything useful to warrant the injection hassles?

Gman86

Why did you stop? I assume it wasn't doing enough of anything useful to warrant the injection hassles?
Nah it had nothing to do with the injections. Injections don’t bother me a bit, especially subQ injections. I currently take ipa and CJC, as well as GHK-Cu. Take them both in the AM and PM. So two injections AM, 2 injections PM. And for a bit I was doing daily IM injections for my test, deca and primo. Which I split into 2 syringes. Test in one, deca and primo in the other. So for a while i was doing 2 IM injections everyday. So overall injecting something would never prevent me from using it, if it was the best method of administration, and there were benefits to taking it

I stopped because I just wasnt sure if it was helping anything or not. It’s hard to notice subjective benefits from things sometimes. There’s just so many things that can affect how we feel and function on a daily basis. So it’s just hard to tell if say injectable prog is helping or hurting energy, or helping or hurting sexual function, or helping or hurting sleep. Just cuz there’s so many other things on a daily basis that can affect these things. Sometimes I would think it would be helping my mood, or sexual function, or sleep, but then when my mood would be slightly less than what I like, or energy wasn’t great, or my brain fog was slightly worse, during the time I was taking it, it’s hard to not think “well maybe it’s the prog making me not feel ideal today”. Overall, I just felt like I didn’t notice any consistent and discernible benefits from it, and sometimes I felt like maybe it could be making me feel worse. But again, it’s so hard to know what’s making u feel certain ways, especially when the changes are very subtle.

now I have the opposite problem, I can’t get my prog levels down for the life of me. They keep coming back around 1.4-1.6. Not taking anything that should be increasing prog levels this high. At least nothing that I’m aware of. I stopped taking HCG, and stopped taking lugols iodine, and hoping that it’s one of those that was elevating it. I’ve pretty much ruled out anything else that could possibly be doing it

Gianluca

Finally got around to checking the concentration of my injectable prog for ya. Sorry it took so long. Looks like it’s 50mg/ ml.

So even if someone were on the high end of prog injectable dosing, at 2mg/ day, the bottle I have would last a little more than 8 months. It basically doesn’t get cheaper than injectable prog lol
thanks.

My doc just approved a 100mg/ml, I think 50mg/ml may help better with dosing. He put me down to start at 2/3mg daily SQ, probably a bit too much to start, however injecting testosterone SQ in the past resulted in much less absorption for me, maybe that is why he wants me to start at that dose.

I'm assuming you were using a .3cc insulin syringe right?

Gianluca

according to this paper, men produce anywhere from 0.416 to 0.75 mg/day of Progesterone

"The production rate of endogenous progesterone and hence the natural progesterone levels inplasma show a large variation, depending on the species, sex, age and physiological status. Inhumans, the production rate of progesterone amounts to 0.15 mg/day in prepubertal boys, 0.416to 0.75 mg/day in men, 0.253 mg/day in prepubertal girls, 0.418 to 50 mg/day in women(depending on phase in the menstrual cycle), and 92 to 563 mg/day in pregnant women(depending on trimester of pregnancy). The physiological plasma concentration of progesteronein men is approximately 0.3 ng/ml, in women this ranges from 0.23 to 1.2 ng/ml (follicularphase), via 8.3 to 25 ng/ml (luteal phase) to 21 to 200 ng/ml (pregnancy)."

Attachments

• progesterone-summary-report-committee-veterinary-medicinal-products_en.pdf
    494.2 KB · Views: 39

Gman86

thanks.

My doc just approved a 100mg/ml, I think 50mg/ml may help better with dosing. He put me down to start at 2/3mg daily SQ, probably a bit too much to start, however injecting testosterone SQ in the past resulted in much less absorption for me, maybe that is why he wants me to start at that dose.

I'm assuming you were using a .3cc insulin syringe right?
Yup exactly. Tiny 0.3cc syringes with the prog. And ya I used to have a higher concentration injectable prog actually, but it was too little of an amount of oil, and I felt like I wasn’t getting accurate dosing with such a little amount. Felt more confident in the dosing with the 50mg/ ml. And even that’s still a pretty small amount of oil. With the 50mg/ ml, and a 0.3cc syringe, drawing up to the 2 line on the syringe gave me 1.11mg of prog. And then I would draw up to the 4th line on
the syringe when I was doing 2.2mg. Would just draw up a little before the 4th line to try and inject around 2mg exactly.

So to do 1mg with the 100mg/ ml, ur drawing up to the 1 line basically, which is just an insanely tiny amount of oil.

But ya I would only do 2mg of the injectable prog to start, max. 2mg should have ur levels over 1.0. Do u have a rough goal as far as where ur trying to get ur prog levels to? Or u plan on mostly going by how u feel on specific dosages?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me