What are your experiences on modafinil?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pacman

I have searched the forum for this topic, and I have seen modafinil being discussed in the past, but I have not found any recent discussions about modafinil specifically.

My issue:

I often have issues with getting fatigued fairly often. I get tired early and my focus very frequently goes out the window in the late afternoon.

What I've tried:

I have tried adderall, phentermine, and ephedrine so far.

Adderall and phentermine are both way too intense for me (even at small doses) to even consider them as consistent long term solutions.

Ephedrine is actually perfect for what I want (focus + alertness + staying awake) without being too heavy on side effects. Not to mention it's the cheapest of all and also OTC at the pharmacy. However, I understand it to be really bad for long term cardiovascular health, possibly even worse than both adderall and phentermine.

Considering modafinil, have questions:

For those who have taken it, what are your experiences like? You find that you get a lot of benefit from it?

Are there any sides to speak of? Skin issues for example?

How often do you take it?

Also, do you get it prescribed or from one of those online places that sell them? I have seen quite a few of these online, and they look legit but I find it weird that they can sell it from within the USA domestically given that it is a prescription-only medicine.

And overall, would you say that modafinil is worth it for you?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

albert88

I'm surprised you got no responses...

If my post will help even ONE person, I'll be happy, so here we go.

I have a very demanding (and financially rewarding) career where I'm "on call" 24/7/365. I also have an 8 year old son who I care for 70% of the time (30% with the mom). I also went through a long (and very costly) divorce about 3 years ago.

My trainer was aware of all of this and I had brought up a few times that I had resorted to nicotine via cigarettes to enhance focus and alertness for work. Needless to say, cigarettes are terrible and I had every desire to stop but needed the "boost". He gave me a quarter pill of modafinil...

OH MAN, what a game changer.

The first few months:

* intense focus
* lot's of energy
* much better mood
* better outlook

I was get sh!t d-o-n-e!

Shortly after that my tolerance had built up and I was trapped for 2 reasons:

1. You don't get great sleep due to it being a stimulant, so you wake up tired and pop a pill and you're back to being a machine

and

2. I absolutely love stimulants and little did I know this pill was somewhat identical to methamphetamine in the way it works. You just take a "bit" more and you get that same feel-good high.

Well...

It soon turned into a semi-nightmare of an addiction. I needed it to function, and with a demanding career/life, I had really no way to stop as I couldn't afford being unproductive for days waiting to wash it out of my system (again - my job is super demanding, there's no taking time off).

The down fall continued. That drug would definitely make me super-focused, would make me very happy to be working, but I would be very anti-social as far as being in person. I also was starting to get aggressive with my 8 year old son which is absolutely not something I want (not physically, just easier to anger me and irritate me).

Long story short - I'm finally clean off of it. I did go back on for a short while but the negative side effects quickly came back so I stopped within 3 days.

My advice:

* don't do it unless you really need to

* don't do it if you have an addictive personality

* if you do it, use sparingly on the days you really need it

* if you do it, have a game plan in place for how you'll be productive

There's a few places to order online, one of them is well known and delivers. No script needed. Although I was getting mine not only from here, but also from my TRT doctor (straight from the pharmacy). Both were equal in quality and effectiveness.

Some days like today I truly wish I had some as I had almost no sleep last night. But it's really a double-edged sword and you pay the price.

Your experience may not be as dramatic if you don't have an addictive personality or don't like stimulants as much as I do.

Hope this helps you!

albert88

Also if you do it - use as small of a dose as possible.

They prescribe at 200mg a day - you do **NOT** need this much. I repeat, you do NOT need this much. Start off with 50 mg in the morning with a cup of coffee.

Remember to stay hydrated. Remember to eat (although my body is weird and I would get super duper hungry in the afternoons/evenings despite 99% of people losing their appetite).

Let me know what other questions come to mind. I've done a fair amount of research and left out a lot of info you can research yourself such as raised blood pressure, liver toxicity, etc.

DS3

I'm surprised you got no responses...

If my post will help even ONE person, I'll be happy, so here we go.

I have a very demanding (and financially rewarding) career where I'm "on call" 24/7/365. I also have an 8 year old son who I care for 70% of the time (30% with the mom). I also went through a long (and very costly) divorce about 3 years ago.

My trainer was aware of all of this and I had brought up a few times that I had resorted to nicotine via cigarettes to enhance focus and alertness for work. Needless to say, cigarettes are terrible and I had every desire to stop but needed the "boost". He gave me a quarter pill of modafinil...

OH MAN, what a game changer.

The first few months:

* intense focus
* lot's of energy
* much better mood
* better outlook

I was get sh!t d-o-n-e!

Shortly after that my tolerance had built up and I was trapped for 2 reasons:

1. You don't get great sleep due to it being a stimulant, so you wake up tired and pop a pill and you're back to being a machine

and

2. I absolutely love stimulants and little did I know this pill was somewhat identical to methamphetamine in the way it works. You just take a "bit" more and you get that same feel-good high.

Well...

It soon turned into a semi-nightmare of an addiction. I needed it to function, and with a demanding career/life, I had really no way to stop as I couldn't afford being unproductive for days waiting to wash it out of my system (again - my job is super demanding, there's no taking time off).

The down fall continued. That drug would definitely make me super-focused, would make me very happy to be working, but I would be very anti-social as far as being in person. I also was starting to get aggressive with my 8 year old son which is absolutely not something I want (not physically, just easier to anger me and irritate me).

Long story short - I'm finally clean off of it. I did go back on for a short while but the negative side effects quickly came back so I stopped within 3 days.

My advice:

* don't do it unless you really need to

* don't do it if you have an addictive personality

* if you do it, use sparingly on the days you really need it

* if you do it, have a game plan in place for how you'll be productive

There's a few places to order online, one of them is well known and delivers. No script needed. Although I was getting mine not only from here, but also from my TRT doctor (straight from the pharmacy). Both were equal in quality and effectiveness.

Some days like today I truly wish I had some as I had almost no sleep last night. But it's really a double-edged sword and you pay the price.

Your experience may not be as dramatic if you don't have an addictive personality or don't like stimulants as much as I do.

Hope this helps you!
I was considering and now you’ve made me reconsider. So you’ve met your threshold of helping at least 1 person.

albert88

I was considering and now you’ve made me reconsider. So you’ve met your threshold of helping at least 1 person.

Excellent choice dude.

I re-read my post and I feel like I made it sound too positive hah! I truly would caution anyone who decides to give it a try.

MDavidW76

I take the enantiomer, Armodafinil, I have non catatonic narcolepsy. I’m one of the weird ones that if I take Modafinil I get tired. There have been some genomic studies done on that.

albert88

Yeah I tried most all variants I believe. Armodafinil, modafinil and Provigil and there was one more. They had different effects. It's amazing how far science has gone with such medicine, truly an amazing accomplishment.

Buckrogers1979

Just wanted to provide some additional feedback -
I have to say modafinil & armodafinil have been game changers for me. I have been using both over the past 9 years.

I have non catatonic narcolepsy and I was struggling to stay awake. It helps me stay alert and focused throughout the day. Without concerns of falling asleep at anytime especially in the afternoon.

I only take my medication 200 mg in the AM on working days and skip weekends and holidays - although it does make it hard sometimes when I nod off.

I haven’t had a problems with either medication and I keep my PCP advised if I feel like anything is of concern.

albert88

If you look through those posts you'll see one person who first talked up the drug and how it helps him with his demanding career.

Then another post (same guy) about how it ended up being negative, damaging his body and mind over time.

I think it's a marvelous drug but they need to be WAY more clear on the warnings to potential users. They need to clearly explain the potential for abuse or addiction. Instead, most of what you read says it has no addictive potential and has no negative effects when you don't use it. Yeeeah right!

Let me see someone who has a demanding job/life and uses this drug, gets an insane boost in focus and productivity, then tell that person to stop using it. They'll never forget how much better they functioned while on the drug. Or a better way to put this is how much EASIER it was to function better while on this drug.

The info online about this drug seems to be somewhat controlled by the pharma industry. But that's being said with the tin foil hat on my head.

K.pietera

Hi there ,

I have used modafinil frequently the last year. I took it at first to help me quit my caffeine addiction and it helped really well for that. But I became addicted to moda...

I always took half a pill so 100mg of moda in the morning between 6 o clock and 8 o clock. I turned into a work-a-holic for a few weeks. I did everything I never did. Start cleaning up the house,organizing my paperwork, getting really interested in my job. For short it made me a better person.

In the first 2 months of daily use I did not notice a lot of sides , sometimes a light headache but that was because I did not drink enough water ( you really have to remind yoursellf to drink at least 3 liters ). And I didn't get a good quality of sleep.

Okay now to the real side effect that nobody's ever talked about !!

Modafinil promotes histamine in the body and afther a few months I started to get frequent diarrhea, bloated all the time... so I went to get my blood drawn for a food intolerance test. Turned out I was intolerant to 19 different foods , aubergine,cheese , lactose ,almonds,oatmeal ,eggs ,eggwhites.....

All the things I eat daily. At first I taught that was the problem that I did not have enough variation but afther I started to look up information about the foods I was intollerant for I found out all those things also promotes ... you guessed it HISTAMINE PORODUCTION.

So this is my own theory , ( correct me if I am wrong ) I am almost sure that because I used so much moda I became intollerant to foods that promotes histamine. Now I have to fix my Gut.

I still take modafinil but only when I have to do night shifts. I work in the weekends 12hr shifts so when I have to do nightwork (22-10 am ) it is really helpfull.

Hope you have something about my personal story.

Greetings

Queequeg

My wife and I use it for international travel.
When we arrive somewhere totally exhausted, barely able to think, but still need to drive or something, modafinil works great!

I've never been tempted to take it other than when I really need it.

albert88

My wife and I use it for international travel.
When we arrive somewhere totally exhausted, barely able to think, but still need to drive or something, modafinil works great!

I've never been tempted to take it other than when I really need it.

You have what I'd say is a non-addictive personality. It would be a great drug to use for such occasions if you have this control and you're not wired to be an addict. Excellent.

Queequeg

Actually, I'd be more tempted if it consistently enhanced me, but it only seems to work well when I'm really wiped out. Otherwise, it seems very hit or miss with me. Sometimes, 200mg is barely noticeable.

My wife, on the other hand, will respond to 50mg. She really, really likes it... Let's just say I make sure it isn't easy to find.

albert88

Actually, I'd be more tempted if it consistently enhanced me, but it only seems to work well when I'm really wiped out. Otherwise, it seems very hit or miss with me. Sometimes, 200mg is barely noticeable.

My wife, on the other hand, will respond to 50mg. She really, really likes it... Let's just say I make sure it isn't easy to find.

So glad you included that. I'm on a mission to make it public that this drug truly has huge potential for addiction. Sad part is some people will get tempted reading this because it strikes curiosity and people love to wonder...I hope it has the opposite effect.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me