What Are The Long Term Consequences of No HCG While On TRT ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Novaman

I'm 55 years old and have been on TRT for 4+ years and struggling to get dialed in all this time. I am almost ready to throw in the towel but have been trying a few final approaches before giving up. One thing I'm doing which seems to be working so far is to stop HCG all together. I am currently only injecting 60 mg Test Cyp every 3.5 days.

I understand the benefits of HCG but by not taking it, in the long run am I jeopardizing my ability to come off the TRT and return to my pre TRT state if I so choose?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sean Mosher

No, you don't need the hCG unless you want to have kids.

On another note, is there a particular reason you are planning to come off and return to your pre TRT state?

There could be multiple reasons you're not feeling dialed in to be honest.
DHEA, Pregnenolone, Thyroid, etc....
If you can post labs you'll get some feedback.

Novaman

No, you don't need the hCG unless you want to have kids.

On another note, is there a particular reason you are planning to come off and return to your pre TRT state?

There could be multiple reasons you're not feeling dialed in to be honest.
DHEA, Pregnenolone, Thyroid, etc....
If you can post labs you'll get some feedback.
Just had a consult with Defy doc. He is the fourth and likely final doc I will use on my journey. My biggest issue with my TRT journey is that my sleep deteriorates when I'm on it. I will wake up and not be able to go back to sleep.

I've tried all sorts of things including all that you have just mentioned.

The one thing that finally seems to be working for me is to use only Test Cyp 60 mg every 3.5 days and then every 3-4 weeks skip a dose as soon as I feel my sleep issue returning. I am currently trying this.

Fortunately I've already had my 3 kids and don't plan on having any more.

antelopers

Nothing if you also make sure to take DHEA and pregnenolone
Pregnenolone and DHEA production are not shut down without using HCG. This was a speculation by Dr Crisler concerning some synthesis with the p450 enzyme that has never had a study to back up it's claim, that message board members ran with and parrot as fact. Pregnenolone doesn't move on blood tests for most people unless you use the massive doses used for women's fertility. Most pregnenolone is made via the adrenals independent of testicular function.

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't think HCG is necessary for everyone. We have many members that do much better on trt, when they don't include HCG. For whatever reason I really like how I feel with HCG, trt definitely is different for everyone.

BarryAllan

Hcg at any dose makes me feel like crap and does so with several others I’ve talked to.

I think I'm in the same boat. Been trying to dial in trt for a year and a half, restarted 4 times and just committed permanently in May. The test-hcg-ai combo has been poor for me, i dropped hcg 19 days ago and my last aromasin dose was 9 days ago. I feel ever so slightly better. I took my dose of test today hoping for a good leap but nothing yet and its been disappointing, trying to keep my head up though.

Were you on hcg for awhile? And how long after dropping it did you feel better? I'm hoping that my body needs some time to adjust.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Without hCG, my libido is zero. But I am a long term TRT user. I also don't like my balls to be small.

Here is a report of 18 bodybuilders using hCG plus anabolics. They had normal sperm even after they stopped the cycle, so I think men on TRT + hCG would recover their HPTA faster if they ever stop TRT.

anabolics and hcg.png

sh1973

The longest I was on HCG was about two months and I’ve tried it two or three times over the years. Normally within a couple hours of injecting pretty much any dose of it I just have crushing fatigue and just don’t feel well in general. Never did a thing subjectively as far as libido or anything else for that matter.

BarryAllan

Without hCG, my libido is zero. But I am a long term TRT user. I also don't like my balls to be small.

Here is a report of 18 bodybuilders using hCG plus anabolics. They had normal sperm even after they stopped the cycle, so I think men on TRT + hCG would recover their HPTA faster if they ever stop TRT.

View attachment 8262
I'm willing to take the risk in fertility if it means my ed and libido get fixed. I'm sure ill be able to recover it when its time.

I dont know whats wrong with me though. I remember my last test only steroid cycle in 2015 like yesterday. i was on week 8 or 9 and i felt off, tired, lacking motivation, ed, etc. I never once had a problem before hand, no hcg nor ai, i was fine. I remember coming off, doing pct and still not feeling right and i left myself alone for a year and a half. I never recovered really and started seeing doctors 2 years ago to this month. Now im here, on test and it doesnt seem to work the same. i'll leave the ai and hcg alone for 8 weeks but if that doesnt work, wtf? Do you think its dopamine dysregulation? Even when i take high dose test i dont feel any libido.

HealthMan

I'm willing to take the risk in fertility if it means my ed and libido get fixed. I'm sure ill be able to recover it when its time.

I dont know whats wrong with me though. I remember my last test only steroid cycle in 2015 like yesterday. i was on week 8 or 9 and i felt off, tired, lacking motivation, ed, etc. I never once had a problem before hand, no hcg nor ai, i was fine. I remember coming off, doing pct and still not feeling right and i left myself alone for a year and a half. I never recovered really and started seeing doctors 2 years ago to this month. Now im here, on test and it doesnt seem to work the same. i'll leave the ai and hcg alone for 8 weeks but if that doesnt work, wtf? Do you think its dopamine dysregulation? Even when i take high dose test i dont feel any libido.
If money is not an issue try HMG instead of HCG and see how you feel

BarryAllan

If money is not an issue try HMG instead of HCG and see how you feel

Tried it back in January of this year, nothing.
The last good boost i had was HGH which lasted for about a week from weeks 2-3 and didn't come back.

I'd hate to mess with the brain but dopamine seems to be the only thing that makes sense. I will try going hcg and AI free for 2 months but if that doesnt work, Selegiline is next.

Speed

HCG makes me letargic, full of acne, gives me bloat and I lose libido on it.... It does not raise my e2, but regardles, I lose libido, so I am off it for 3+ years.

Your problem above could be LOW DOSE of testosterone you are using and your injection frequency. My libido and mood came to full when I STARTED to inject EVERY DAY 20-30 mg of T (feel great on both protocols) and quit all other supplements. Pregnenolone will castrate many users like me for example.. When I take only 10 mg of pregnenolone for a few days, I lose my libido. I quit and few days after it, it is back to the fullest.
If I was you, I would start to inject EVERY DAY without any AI nonsense or hcg and see how you feel after a month, because you can not tell in a week or two if it works.

I was going to quit also, before I tried ED protocol.

Wolverine

HCG makes me letargic, full of acne, gives me bloat and I lose libido on it.... It does not raise my e2, but regardles, I lose libido, so I am off it for 3+ years.

Your problem above could be LOW DOSE of testosterone you are using and your injection frequency. My libido and mood came to full when I STARTED to inject EVERY DAY 20-30 mg of T (feel great on both protocols) and quit all other supplements. Pregnenolone will castrate many users like me for example.. When I take only 10 mg of pregnenolone for a few days, I lose my libido. I quit and few days after it, it is back to the fullest.
If I was you, I would start to inject EVERY DAY without any AI nonsense or hcg and see how you feel after a month, because you can not tell in a week or two if it works.

I was going to quit also, before I tried ED protocol.

With your ED protocol, what is your SHBG level? Tx

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching