What are good optional blood / metabolic tests to take?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DragonBits

I was looking at tests that are beyond the one's typically needed for TRT. I already get the the typical TRT tests that are recommended by Defy and most doctors.

I do tend to have trouble staying asleep and in keeping my LDL chol low, but I am looking for health wellness in test in general.

Like this Omega 3 test, anyone think it's useful?
  • Omega-3 Index Complete
  • Item Catalog Number: LC100066
The Omega-3 Index Complete test measures the following:
  • Omega-3 Index
  • Trans Fat Index
  • Omega-6:Omega-3 Ratio
  • AA:EPA ratio
  • Full Fatty Acid Profile including:
    • Omega-3s
    • Omega-6s
    • Monounsaturated
    • Saturated
    • Trans
Any sorts of test people suggest, like I am thinking the "Salivary Four-Point Cortisol Test" to be a useful baseline test.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I don't have any more than a normal concern about heart health, but I am curious.
I was curious too, and Curt Moyer over at PeakT used to promote it. The reason is that you can have good LDL-C but bad LDL-P, which results in even more risk than just bad LDL-C.

DragonBits

GlycoMark® is an interesting test that looks more at glucose spikes occurring post-prandial and not showing up in HbA1c.

Though am not going to get this, I assume if I monitor every 30 min or so after a meal I could catch the same sort of spikes.

I would get the test if I had a more serious problem with BG.

===========================================

Intended Use: The GlycoMark® test may be performed monthly on individuals with moderately controlled diabetes and HbA1c of 6-8% to detect glucose excursions, and to monitor efficacy of therapy changes in diabetic individuals with high HbA1c (>8%).

Clinical Significance:

• The GlycoMark® test helps identify patients with more frequent and extreme hyperglycemic excursions over the previous 2 week time period, despite similar HbA1c levels, and indicates the need for more frequent self-blood glucose monitoring or continuous glucose monitoring.
  • Approximately 40% of individuals with diabetes who are “controlled” for glucose and HbA1c testing have significant post-prandial glucose variablility. In fact, the average blood glucose in an individual with an HbA1c of 7% can range from 123 to 185 mg/dL2.
  • Low levels of 1,5-AG are associated with the presence of diabetes complications. For example, low circulating levels of 1,5-AG are associated with elevated levels of urinary albumin and N-acetylglucosaminidase, both markers of renal damage.
GlycoMark® - Cleveland HeartLab, Inc.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching