What’s wrong with Nebido

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pablo

Few folks there reacted quite negatively about my protocol - Nebido 1000mg once per ~10weeks.

I’m new here I want to know, understand and chose the best option for me. Some mentioned about large fluctuations, which my doctor mentioned as possible side effect comparing to differnt esters and injections once per 2 weeks (another option given to me).

I found out that Nebido is much more expensive that other esters. Luckily I’m not paying for that as regardless of treatment option my insurance covers it. … but maybe it’s the reason people don’t like it?

One guy said Nebido has very bad reviews in YouTube. I found only the below “review”, but as in comparison to different materials in which those guys were very elaborative, in this case they have just said “I hate, it’s crap”.

No justification whatsoever.

Testosterone Undecanoate for TRT / Nebido / Aveed for Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Is it about long ester? Let’s assume I would not have dips and the end of each cycle.

I wanted to see the patients reviews (e.g. in Reddit) … and they are not so negative in their opinions. What I see, majority is saying it works for them.

Forgetting about all the crappy talks on YouTube, and focus on more reliable sources.

I have found one research about testosterone undecanoate.
Differential effects of 11 years of long-term injectable testosterone undecanoate therapy on anthropometric and metabolic parameters in hypogonadal men with normal weight, overweight and obesity in comparison with untreated controls: real-world data from a controlled registry study - International Journal of Obesity

On top of it there is a good compression study between undecanoate and Enanthate
Comparison of long-acting testosterone undecanoate formulation versus testosterone enanthate on sexual function and mood in hypogonadal men
“It’s at least as effective as enanthate”

What’s wrong with Nebido?!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Test results during the 10th week of Nebido after 3rd shot. My bloods look like this:
Total T - 627.7
Free T - 11.15
SHBG - 31.2
E2 - 39.4

Why do I feel OFF ???

Skip to 13:35

With the shorter esters like cypionate, the testosterone cleaves off the ester more regularly affecting the Free T levels to a greater degree and on a more regular basis.

If you look at the members post at the top of my post, you'll see his Total T is pretty good while the Free T is subpar with his SHBG midrange or not even considered elevated to a level that would be expected to affect the Free T negatively.

It's all about the way the testosterone cleaves off the long ester that holds Nebido back.

Last edited:

bixt

IMO theres nothing wrong with E2W or EW nebido. Results can be similar to ED cypionate without the hassle of daily injects.

Problem is, no one prescribes it that way. Of course, if comparing weekly cypionate to every 4 months nebido, the cypionate is going to win hands down. And this is where the "Nebido is crap" stems from.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Skip to 13:35
With the shorter esters like cypionate, the testosterone cleaves off the ester more regularly affecting the Free T levels to a greater degree and on a more regular basis.

If you look at the members post at the top of my post, you'll see his Total T is pretty good while the Free T is subpar with his SHBG midrange or not even considered elevated to a level that would be expected to affect the Free T negatively.

It's all about the way the testosterone cleaves off the long ester that holds Nebido back.
This doesn't make sense. What does it even mean to say "the testosterone cleaves off the ester more regularly"? Testosterone esters are basically inert at their injection sites. As they are slowly absorbed the testosterone esters reach the bloodstream, at which point the esters are cleaved from the testosterone. Then you get free testosterone, regardless of whether the ester is propionate, cypionate or undecanoate. The only proven difference is in the rate of absorption. If you dose your testosterone esters at an adequate frequency and if the amount of testosterone given over time is the same then there will be virtually no difference between the different esters. For example, assuming typical absorption rates, taking 100 mg testosterone undecanoate once a week is similar to taking 13 mg testosterone cypionate daily or to taking 2.2 mg testosterone propionate every five hours.

Regarding the anecdote with low free T: Was this free testosterone measured via equilibrium dialysis or ultrafiltration? If not then it's essentially meaningless and probably wrong. The free T calculators suggest normal free testosterone with these numbers. And regardless, it has little to do with the ester. You'll end up with low free testosterone at troughs with any ester if you don't inject often enough relative to the half-life of the ester.

Aside from cost, the main issue with undecanoate is the long half-life. It's good if you want stable serum testosterone with less frequent injections. It's bad when you're trying to make dose adjustments and have to wait months for things to settle down. A reasonable workaround is to start TRT with daily or EOD injections of testosterone cypionate, continuing until a satisfactory dose is found. Then switch to weekly or E2W injections of testosterone undecanoate.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
If sust, enth, cyp, prop, nebido would be available would you use nebido yourself?
And if not, why?
Just curious.
I would consider using testosterone undecanoate under certain circumstances. If I did not have access to testosterone propionate and if I were already dialed in then I would find weekly to E2W injections of undecanoate to be a reasonable option. Without propionate I could not achieve my desired diurnal variation in serum testosterone and would be settling for stable levels.

Biobro

I would consider using testosterone undecanoate under certain circumstances. If I did not have access to testosterone propionate and if I were already dialed in then I would find weekly to E2W injections of undecanoate to be a reasonable option. Without propionate I could not achieve my desired diurnal variation in serum testosterone and would be settling for stable levels.
But if you would able to pick only one, you would probably choose sustanon because it has propionate and phenyl propionate in it, and pin daily.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
But if you would able to pick only one, you would probably choose sustanon because it has propionate and phenyl propionate in it, and pin daily or eod.
I don't think Sustanon has enough of the shorter esters to do much good. I doubt I could tell it apart from enanthate or cypionate. If I had to choose one ester it would be phenylpropionate, which possibly has pharmacokinetics closer to the enanthate/propionate blend I currently use.

MIP1950

Few folks there reacted quite negatively about my protocol - Nebido 1000mg once per ~10weeks.

I’m new here I want to know, understand and chose the best option for me. Some mentioned about large fluctuations, which my doctor mentioned as possible side effect comparing to differnt esters and injections once per 2 weeks (another option given to me).

I found out that Nebido is much more expensive that other esters. Luckily I’m not paying for that as regardless of treatment option my insurance covers it. … but maybe it’s the reason people don’t like it?

One guy said Nebido has very bad reviews in YouTube. I found only the below “review”, but as in comparison to different materials in which those guys were very elaborative, in this case they have just said “I hate, it’s crap”.

No justification whatsoever.

Testosterone Undecanoate for TRT / Nebido / Aveed for Testosterone Replacement Therapy

Is it about long ester? Let’s assume I would not have dips and the end of each cycle.

I wanted to see the patients reviews (e.g. in Reddit) … and they are not so negative in their opinions. What I see, majority is saying it works for them.

Forgetting about all the crappy talks on YouTube, and focus on more reliable sources.

I have found one research about testosterone undecanoate.
Differential effects of 11 years of long-term injectable testosterone undecanoate therapy on anthropometric and metabolic parameters in hypogonadal men with normal weight, overweight and obesity in comparison with untreated controls: real-world data from a controlled registry study - International Journal of Obesity

On top of it there is a good compression study between undecanoate and Enanthate
Comparison of long-acting testosterone undecanoate formulation versus testosterone enanthate on sexual function and mood in hypogonadal men
“It’s at least as effective as enanthate”

What’s wrong with Nebido?!
I'm aware that in Europe Test U is widely used, as is Test E. The criticism of Test U(which I've never been on) is similar to the negative critiques of pellet therapy, which some doctors in the US utilize, exclusively, and has a long history before they were approved here. The US is great because we have many types and forms of T and can purchase or have prescribed different ancillaries to improve sexual function, along with T. But if Test U was the only choice government regulators approved, we'd be on it. Some would have a great response, some a moderate response and some a poor response, just like with Test E, Test Cyp, Test Prop, blended injectables, pellets and creams, perhaps for other reasons than the type or form of testosterone. Test U has its place in TRT.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me