What’s the best diet for boosting your testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

People with low testosterone may be able to raise their levels by eating certain foods, what type of diet you may ask? Dr. Ranjith Ramasamy, a renowned Urologist, and Director Of Reproductive Urology open up about a list of the best foods to boost your testosterone levels.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BigTex

Watching this video brough back some memories of a story Dr. Fred Hatfield told me about vegans. Bill Pearl (4 x Mr Universe) told everyone he was a dedicated vegan. One day he invited Fred Hatfield over for dinner and he said Bill had some nice, thick T-bones on his grill. He had a big laugh about how the great vegan bodybuilder was eating red meat. Strange thing, I teach nutrition and preach about eating a balanced diet but I have not eaten a vegatable in many years. I just don't like them. I always opt out for my Equate brand senior multi-vitamin.

Vince

Super Moderator
Watching this video brough back some memories of a story Dr. Fred Hatfield told me about vegans. Bill Pearl (4 x Mr Universe) told everyone he was a dedicated vegan. One day he invited Fred Hatfield over for dinner and he said Bill had some nice, thick T-bones on his grill. He had a big laugh about how the great vegan bodybuilder was eating red meat. Strange thing, I teach nutrition and preach about eating a balanced diet but I have not eaten a vegatable in many years. I just don't like them. I always opt out for my Equate brand senior multi-vitamin.
It's amazing that Bill Pearl is 91. I believe his wife Judy is still alive too. They must be doing something right. Too bad they never had any children. I guess that's the downside for most bodybuilders.

BigTex

Amazing! Jack Lalanne was another one....lived to be 96, not sure he had any kids either. Could be the dedication to a life of fitness. Bill Pearl is a great guy.

johnnywishbone

Can anybody point me to some solid diet advice or guides on here? Diet is something i've struggled a lot with over the years, tried lots of different things but always found some issues - tried keto (lowered my stress and anxiety, but had hardly any energy, low libido), when I have carbs tend to gain weight/fat and have ups/downs of energy etc. Be interested to hear what people on here follow...

Guided_by_Voices

Can anybody point me to some solid diet advice or guides on here? Diet is something i've struggled a lot with over the years, tried lots of different things but always found some issues - tried keto (lowered my stress and anxiety, but had hardly any energy, low libido), when I have carbs tend to gain weight/fat and have ups/downs of energy etc. Be interested to hear what people on here follow...
I suggest starting with the book Perfect Health Diet by Paul Jaminet. It is not extreme in any direction except for eliminating unhealthy foods, and it is fascinating to read. It also suggests how to adjust the diet for individual issues. Perhaps most importantly, it suggests what things require supplementation beyond what can come from food. It's not a quick read but IME it's well worth it.

Gladiator

4A7B467E-253D-49FB-B089-63BA82F218E8.jpeg

BigTex

What kind fo diet is best was described to me by a doctor/researcher at the Shriners Burn Institute in Galveston, Texas. He does work with nutrition. I was talking to him about the optimal diet and he kind of said this. Man has existed as long as he has because we can survive on any diet. What is optimal, we may never know.

Anyway, I knew I had saved a paper on the vegan diet a few years back and finally ran across it looking for something else.

Tammy Y N Tong, Paul N Appleby, Kathryn E Bradbury, Aurora Perez-Cornago, Ruth C Travis, Robert Clarke, Timothy J Key. Risks of ischaemic heart disease and stroke in meat eaters, fish eaters, and vegetarians over 18 years of follow-up: results from the prospective EPIC-Oxford study BMJ 2019; 366 doi: Risks of ischaemic heart disease and stroke in meat eaters, fish eaters, and vegetarians over 18 years of follow-up: results from the prospective EPIC-Oxford study (Published 04 September 2019).

Conclusions In this prospective cohort in the UK, fish eaters and vegetarians had lower rates of ischaemic heart disease than meat eaters, although vegetarians had higher rates of haemorrhagic and total stroke.

One thing is for sure, now matter what we eat we are going to die. Pick your poison.

Never met a healthy-looking vegetarian at least compared to us meat-eaters (especially women), but I'm sure they exist. I've tracked my diets and libido, sleep, etc over 10+ years (I'm 50 now) and for me at least in this order:

1. Track macros/calories, do not guess - THIS IS NUMBER ONE.
2. Get adequate calories.
3. Hit daily protein and fat goals (great calculator here: The Best Macronutrient (Macro) Calculator | Legion Athletics) - then I can play around with remaining calories among fat/carbs - this seems less of an issue.
4. Heavier carb/calories loading periods do actually raise my libido even more, but not always the best for mental clarity and maintaining ideal weight.
5. Of course stay away from refined sugars, seed oils, etc.

Eaten a LOT of meat and fat over the past several years (keto and low-carb off an on) and echo cardiogram and calcium scoring are near perfect and I have heard disease in the family. I don't think I'm some genetic abnormality - I believe in the inflammation theory of CVD - so Vitamin D/K2 combo etc very important.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Eaten a LOT of meat and fat over the past several years (keto and low-carb off an on) and echo cardiogram and calcium scoring are near perfect and I have heard disease in the family. I don't think I'm some genetic abnormality - I believe in the inflammation theory of CVD - so Vitamin D/K2 combo etc very important.
Also had near perfect calcium score (three arteries scored zero, one artery had 3) after two years of carnivore diet w/ minor fruit and occasional cheat meals. 95% of calories from ribeyes and beef pemmican.

Also had near perfect calcium score (three arteries scored zero, one artery had 3) after two years of carnivore diet w/ minor fruit and occasional cheat meals. 95% of calories from ribeyes and beef pemmican.
Oh and quick hack I use for nearly all of my meat cooking - I just use a Sous Vide machine @ $100 (https://amzn.to/3xnULRf) - cooks any meat in a water bath to the exact temperature you set (135 for rare steak, 165 chicken breasts, etc). You can cook it from frozen right from freezer in a couple hours and if you leave it in all day it won't overcook it like crock pot, grill, stove, etc. Game changer for me. Some meat (ground beef, costco bulk chicken breasts, etc) comes already vacuum sealed or use a cheapo vacuum sealer machine. I have a friend that does sometimes tries Sous Vide using dish-washer hot cycle but I get better results :)

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Oh and quick hack I use for nearly all of my meat cooking - I just use a Sous Vide machine @ $100 (https://amzn.to/3xnULRf) - cooks any meat in a water bath to the exact temperature you set (135 for rare steak, 165 chicken breasts, etc). You can cook it from frozen right from freezer in a couple hours and if you leave it in all day it won't overcook it like crock pot, grill, stove, etc. Game changer for me. Some meat (ground beef, costco bulk chicken breasts, etc) comes already vacuum sealed or use a cheapo vacuum sealer machine. I have a friend that does sometimes tries Sous Vide using dish-washer hot cycle but I get better results :)
All of the meat I buy already comes vacuum sealed. This tip could change my life. Thank you sir.

How do you use it when you want dinner to be ready immediately when you get home from work in the evening? Would it really be OK to start in the morning before leaving for work?

All of the meat I buy already comes vacuum sealed. This tip could change my life. Thank you sir.

How do you use it when you want dinner to be ready immediately when you get home from work in the evening? Would it really be OK to start in the morning before leaving for work?
Hmmm ... you would have to try that out, but I have left stuff in there for 8-10+ hours and it's not really overcooked or mushy. You would have to experiment - I work from home, so not usually gone 8-10 hours. :)

However, I see this guy (lots of other links on youtube) have experimented and had fine results for longer periods, even 24 hours:

Anything I can do to helps others get meat benefits! :)

Oh, and as you can imagine, cleanup is super simple - there really is none. Just dump out the water or even re-use it the next day as long as your package didn't leak. Cheap packaging can leak, but very infrequent for me.

Oh, and it works fine for cooking hamburger in bulk also - sometimes I'll cook 2-3lbs of hamburger and mix it in a bowl like a maid-rite or add seasoning to make a taco bowl, etc. So I'm not making 7-14 separate meals all week ...

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Oh, and it works fine for cooking hamburger in bulk also - sometimes I'll cook 2-3lbs of hamburger and mix it in a bowl like a maid-rite or add seasoning to make a taco bowl, etc. So I'm not making 7-14 separate meals all week ...
This is genius. The reason I don't cook ground beef often is because I'm trying to keep my protein:fat ratio down and too much fat is lost in cooking. This method would capture every molecule of fat. I'm so excited.

I ordered this "water oven" just now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V1L68MD/

Vince

Super Moderator

BigTex

RIP Bill! Seems like all of the pioneers are leaving us. Dave Draper recently died too. Dave was a personal friend of our family.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me