Wellbutrin (Bupropion) Users...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

RickB

I had been dealing with an overwhelming urge to eat for over a month. It seemed like there was nothing to look forward to except for eating. Ten days ago I started on 300mg of XL I still had from a Rx from last year. On the fifth day I noticed that the urge was gone and my outlook was positive. Since then I've been eating like 1000 calories per day and I feel great.

When I had taken it in the past, I hadn't been dealing with eating issues and my depression was sort of different, and I didn't feel I was getting any benefit from it. But this time around the effects are profound.

DaveK22

Thank you, keep me updated! How is your appetite?
My appetite seems exactly the same. Even before starting the med, I was on a mini diet since beginning of summer so I switched to light lunches (greek yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, etc) and normal dinners. That allowed me to go from 215 lbs to 205.

DixieWrecked

I've been on Wellbutrin for about two months. On TRT I eventually started feeling very unmotivated like my dopamine system wasn't working right. It was so hard to get going and completing tasks. Just over the past two weeks or so I feel like the wellbutrin kicked in. I'm motivated. I'm personable. And I actually feeling happier. The stuff actually works. Pretty amazing.

Still working on that libido bit it's gotten ever so slightly better

DaveK22

I've been on Wellbutrin for about two months. On TRT I eventually started feeling very unmotivated like my dopamine system wasn't working right. It was so hard to get going and completing tasks. Just over the past two weeks or so I feel like the wellbutrin kicked in. I'm motivated. I'm personable. And I actually feeling happier. The stuff actually works. Pretty amazing.

What dose u on? I just went to 300mg XR after 1 month at 150mg. Felt really no different on 150 so wondering how 300mg works for me

DaytonaJonah

How well are you sleeping now while on Wellbutrin?

DixieWrecked

How well are you sleeping now while on Wellbutrin?
Some days I sleep fine because I get so much done. My productivity really has increased immensely. Basic stuff like picking my clothes up off the floor was a struggle but now I am doing that without thought and I am seriously getting ahead in life. SO I can wear myself out. If I feel like I am going to have trouble sleeping, I will take a sliver of mirtazapine, around 4mg. That stuff is so freaking strong it knocks me out and since its such a small amount I feel great the next day. In all fairness, I have struggled with sleep my entire life, even as a kid.

DaveK22

1 month on 150mg XL + 1 week on 300mg XL and I feel zero difference. Crazy. But I am not a typical case hormonally so not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. We’ll see I guess

DixieWrecked

1 month on 150mg XL + 1 week on 300mg XL and I feel zero difference. Crazy. But I am not a typical case hormonally so not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. We’ll see I guess
That's how I was too but it seemed like one day about a month and a half into 400mg all of a sudden I realized I was so productive. It's pretty significant.

DaveK22

I've been on Bupropion 300 XR for 4 months now & feel absolutely no different. (But my endocrine system has been damaged from Accutane (looooong story) so I'm not a "normal" case).

However, I'm going to stay on it for now as I'm terrified to try a SSRI due to the known sexual side effects...which I already have from the 'tane. My Dr said they jokingly refer to the drug combo "Welloft" which is Zoloft + Wellbutrin...the Wellbutrin is used to offset the ED caused by Zoloft. But again, I'm not ready to roll the dice with an SSRI due to my unique situation.

Has anyone else had basically no change or effect from going on Bupropion? If so, how long did you go before quitting it? Or trying something different?

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
I've been on Bupropion 300 XR for 4 months now & feel absolutely no different. (But my endocrine system has been damaged from Accutane (looooong story) so I'm not a "normal" case).

However, I'm going to stay on it for now as I'm terrified to try a SSRI due to the known sexual side effects...which I already have from the 'tane. My Dr said they jokingly refer to the drug combo "Welloft" which is Zoloft + Wellbutrin...the Wellbutrin is used to offset the ED caused by Zoloft. But again, I'm not ready to roll the dice with an SSRI due to my unique situation.

Has anyone else had basically no change or effect from going on Bupropion? If so, how long did you go before quitting it? Or trying something different?
I also have had problems from accutane. The Wellbutrin continues to work for me. 6-8 weeks should be plenty of time to see if it does anything for you.

Here is the thing with the antidepressants: there is a good chance that they won’t work. They don’t work in 30-40% of patients (depending on the drug and how it is measured). Many people try 3-4 before they land on one that works well, if any of them do. And even when they do work, they can stop being effective at any time. That isn’t to say that they don’t have a place. But it can be a hassle to find if one does work for you.

xqfq

Some days I sleep fine because I get so much done. My productivity really has increased immensely. Basic stuff like picking my clothes up off the floor was a struggle but now I am doing that without thought and I am seriously getting ahead in life. SO I can wear myself out. If I feel like I am going to have trouble sleeping, I will take a sliver of mirtazapine, around 4mg. That stuff is so freaking strong it knocks me out and since its such a small amount I feel great the next day. In all fairness, I have struggled with sleep my entire life, even as a kid.
Now that it's been a while, how has the bupropion worked out for you?

I am noticing similar issues. Just got a prescription for bupropion and I'm going to try it out and see how I feel.

DFL

I’ve been on 300 XR for several years. While it didn’t “cure” my depression, I do feel it was at least 60% effective, which is huge. It changed my life for the better in a major way.

I’m lucky to be a responder to it for libido. It made a difference for me immediately, and that has not gone away. My former mental health provider who suggested it, a woman, literally said “it’s the skinny horny drug” after I reported my experience with it.

It will not be the same for everyone of course, but it has been great for me.

I take 10mg melatonin every night; 4mg immediate, 6mg extended. It always puts me to sleep quickly, and sometimes carries me through the night.

xqfq

I’ve been on 300 XR for several years. While it didn’t “cure” my depression, I do feel it was at least 60% effective, which is huge. It changed my life for the better in a major way.

I’m lucky to be a responder to it for libido. It made a difference for me immediately, and that has not gone away. My former mental health provider who suggested it, a woman, literally said “it’s the skinny horny drug” after I reported my experience with it.

It will not be the same for everyone of course, but it has been great for me.

I take 10mg melatonin every night; 4mg immediate, 6mg extended. It always puts me to sleep quickly, and sometimes carries me through the night.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

For me, I feel like there are two kinds of libido: reactive libido and proactive libido. I can get strong erections as soon as my partner touches me (or if I start touching my partner). But the 'drive' to be intimate, at least just based on looking at her or otherwise, isn't there. I can go months without having sex at this point.

TRT has definitely improved my "reactive" libido. But it has done nothing for my proactive libido, which is much worse than before I started - I am practically asexual on TRT, unless I take HCG, regardless of the dose of testosterone I take (even very high doses).

DFL

It is really amazing how people’s experiences with the same drug or supplement can be so different.

I‘ve had major problems with sex on TRT for 5 years now. I’ve had to use pills or Trimix pretty much every time since I began. The Wellbutrin really helped with libido, but not with erections or orgasm. It wasn’t until about 6 months ago that I dropped HCG in half (to 250 units 2x week) and realized it had been responsible for my problems with orgasm. Way better now.

But not erections. Drugs/Trimix every time, and it was’nt this way before.

Anyway, I’m about to try to come off TRT to see if I get my natural ability back, and I feel pretty sure I will. The only other time I tried to come off I starting getting significantly more depressed, so I went back on. This time I’m doing it slowly with a protocol.

Marcel

Thanks for sharing your experience.

For me, I feel like there are two kinds of libido: reactive libido and proactive libido. I can get strong erections as soon as my partner touches me (or if I start touching my partner). But the 'drive' to be intimate, at least just based on looking at her or otherwise, isn't there. I can go months without having sex at this point.

TRT has definitely improved my "reactive" libido. But it has done nothing for my proactive libido, which is much worse than before I started - I am practically asexual on TRT, unless I take HCG, regardless of the dose of testosterone I take (even very high doses).
I keep reading of people and from people on trt that their sex lives drop significantly. I'm not on trt mainly worried about the long term effects, im 49. Morning erections are fine, reactive libido is ok however libido in general has been aggressively disappearing. Now I'm also worried that if I go on trt my libido will disappear.

aneuman

I keep reading of people and from people on trt that their sex lives drop significantly. I'm not on trt mainly worried about the long term effects, im 49. Morning erections are fine, reactive libido is ok however libido in general has been aggressively disappearing. Now I'm also worried that if I go on trt my libido will disappear.

This concerns me as well. I was thinking of going on TRT but I have recently read a lot of negative stories about it, with people being worse off on TRT than off it. It could be we only hear of people with negative stories due to not being dialed in, but I agree with you it's concerning the number of anecdotal reports on that topic.

DFL

I think you won't know unless you try. That being said, if you don't need it you may not want it. I didn't need it, but hoped it would help a little with my depression, make me feel better in general, improve my sex life (I had just been through a divorce and was dating, at 50 yo).

Looking back I wish I'd not started it, but many people have great experiences. It seems crazy to me now, but I couldn't accept that it wasn't the solution I was looking for, so I kept at it. All kinds of different protocols, TONS of money spent. It took me four years to figure out the orgasm thing and I still kept at it.

I think if you try it, evaluate how things are going at 3 or 6 months. If it's not working out for you, maybe accept that it is not a solution for you and stop. It's mush easier to get off of it if you are on it short term. If it isn't working don't do what I did and keep chasing your tail for 5 years.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me