Weird response on labs after switching to daily injections

Buy Lab Tests Online

stx359

After conferring with my doc I got him to switch me to daily injections after dealing with a decrease in SHBG and huge increase in E2. Was injecting 70 mg test and HCG 500 IU twice a week now 20 mg test a day and no change in HCG. Baseline labs were 1060 TT, 18.5 FT and 41.8 sensitive E2. Just drew labs after 3 weeks and came back 590 TT, 15.4 FT and 18.0 sensitive E2.

So E2 problem solved - rather quickly - but for some reason my testosterone levels are not maintaining even though the overall dose is the same. i thought daily injections meant you can actually inject less and maintain the same levels.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Did you test at the same time relative to your hCG injections? Normally, switching to more frequent injections with the same average dose should lower hormonal peaks and raise troughs, with average levels staying about the same.

stx359

Did you test at the same time relative to your hCG injections? Normally, switching to more frequent injections with the same average dose should lower hormonal peaks and raise troughs, with average levels staying about the same.

It was my first time testing for the new regimen so I did it on a Monday before my daily test injection and at 3.5 days since my last HCG injection. I was prepared for my peak to be much higher than that though. I didn't even think it could get that low only 24 hours after a daily injection.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
So for the first measurement of 1,060 ng/dL did you also take it 3.5 days after the last hCG injection? That was the question, because if that timing was different then things could be skewed by differing amounts of endogenous testosterone. They could be anyway, but at least it's less likely if the timing's the same.

stx359

Yes that is correct. I basically always draw blood first thing Monday morning because Monday morning is always Test and HCG. Also the 1060 was my last labs at two 70 mg shots a week before I switched to daily.

Bryan_K77

After conferring with my doc I got him to switch me to daily injections after dealing with a decrease in SHBG and huge increase in E2. Was injecting 70 mg test and HCG 500 IU twice a week now 20 mg test a day and no change in HCG. Baseline labs were 1060 TT, 18.5 FT and 41.8 sensitive E2. Just drew labs after 3 weeks and came back 590 TT, 15.4 FT and 18.0 sensitive E2.

So E2 problem solved - rather quickly - but for some reason my testosterone levels are not maintaining even though the overall dose is the same. i thought daily injections meant you can actually inject less and maintain the same levels.

You are pinning sub q on daily injections I assume? Did you pin IM or sub q on your twice weekly injections? I know the literature says there is no difference and I personally got the same numbers on sub q as IM, but some get lumps that don’t dissipate for weeks, and total and free t numbers reflect that. Just a thought

stx359

You are pinning sub q on daily injections I assume? Did you pin IM or sub q on your twice weekly injections? I know the literature says there is no difference and I personally got the same numbers on sub q as IM, but some get lumps that don’t dissipate for weeks, and total and free t numbers reflect that. Just a thought

I am using the same half inch needle that i used for twice weekly for daily, but twice weekly I took in the shoulder and now I am doing them in the belly.

Bryan_K77

That could be the case brother, I’ve seen many labs of people on other forums who switch to sub q and numbers go way down. Is it slower absorption or somehow not absorbing as much, I’m not sure.

HealthMan

That could be the case brother, I’ve seen many labs of people on other forums who switch to sub q and numbers go way down. Is it slower absorption or somehow not absorbing as much, I’m not sure.
I second that. Suqb for me doesn’t absorb well and my t levels plummet. I had almost the same experience as @stx359

swoops36

It’s been 3 weeks, so you haven't reached your highest stable level yet. Smaller injections more often will still take time to build up to that average peak

Willyt

@ STX - Curious as to why you switched to injections after Natesto + Scrotal Cream? You seemed to be having some success with that combination.

In my opinion it’s 3 things. Sub q doesn’t absorb as well for some guys. You probably haven’t reached full levels yet, and your peak is probably lower but your trough is probably higher.

Vince

Super Moderator
When I switch to daily injections, my testosterone panel increased. Even though I was using a lower total dose. I started pinning 22 mg daily, then went to 20, then went to 18, then 16 which I'm using now. I'm going to lower it to 14 mg of testosterone cypionate daily.

Vtail

When I switch to daily injections, my testosterone panel increased. Even though I was using a lower total dose. I started pinning 22 mg daily, then went to 20, then went to 18, then 16 which I'm using now. I'm going to lower it to 14 mg of testosterone cypionate daily.

That has been my experience as well. And a side benefit is that I am building up a nice stockpile of T-cyp since I'm using less than prescribed yet achieving good lab numbers - and I don't feel any different at the lower doses.

Gunga

That has been my experience as well. And a side benefit is that I am building up a nice stockpile of T-cyp since I'm using less than prescribed yet achieving good lab numbers - and I don't feel any different at the lower doses.
I’m down to 10 mgs daily along with 2 clicks of 100mg/ml cream. You need to significantly reduce the dose when you go daily. When I was injecting twice per week I was on 90mgs weekly. I might lower it to 8 mgs daily. Going to wait for Dr Saya’s guidance next consult.

BillyJ03z

When I switched to daily SQ from 3xW IM for about 6 months, my Total T increased, FT slightly increased, E2 doubled and SHBG increased.... Total T increased by over 50% (400 to 800's), FT was already above the 100% labcorp range but still increased slightly, E2 jumped from mid 20's to 50's, Shbg was single digits and jumped to mid 20's (labcorp range).... I went back to IM because of the E2 spike but it may have been an outlier at particular time... I use Test Cyp and I am wondering if there is a half-life doubling effect that keeps building from ED injections due to the long esters?

Last edited:

walk

seen the same result going from 50mg m w f (top of leg) to 20mg daily. (stomach). stomach just don't work for a % of trt patients. try legs, upper top or side

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me