Wegovy & Ozempic: The Ins & Outs of Weight Loss Drugs

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator

PCRI's resident moderator, Mark Moyad, MD, MPH, asks Dr. Mark Scholz about his experience "semaglutide," a medication used to facilitate weight loss. He asks if it is really the game-changer it is hyped up to be and how it compares to weight loss medications that have been used in the past and even presently.

1658518404663.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator

nodoctor

Nice, I am in week 5 (just now starting 5mg, up from the 2.5mg starter dose)
How are you feeling? Any sides? I was going to maybe do a week on the starter dose and get right into it because I did not have any negative side effects at all from semaglutide.

How effective?

Dialingitin

I love this stuff, has really changed my relationship to food as an energy source. The first two days after this 5mg step-up has been pretty nausea-inducing, but I have a sense of humor about it because I know it is fading quickly. A few days of nausea is my only side. I also felt a bit like that for the first few days on 2.5mg, but my system acclimated pretty quickly. My understanding is it takes up to four weeks for the med to fully saturate and 'teach' the GIP and GLP1 receptors. After a few weeks on 2.5mg I thought I was ready to skip 5mg and go straight to 10mg, but my doc advised against it. I'm glad I listened!

Some slight constipation too, but for me that is remedied by lots of water and keeping magnesium in my PM supplement stack (I took last week off supps and definitely noticed a quick shift to rabbit-poop-style bowl movements!)

How long were you on semaglutide and what dose did you get to? Because the GIP agonist will be new for you, it might require some acclimation time... or not. You'll have a good sense for that after a few days.

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Apache

How are you feeling? Any sides? I was going to maybe do a week on the starter dose and get right into it because I did not have any negative side effects at all from semaglutide.

How effective?
Hey guys, was thinking of starting semaglutide any pointers ? Dosage ? When to change etc, just trying to decide and gather info

nodoctor

I ran 5mg tirzepatide. I think semaglutide is way better and cheaper.

Do a starter dose and then taper up. Maybe .25mg/wk subq to start? Good luck!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me