Weekly administration of anabolic steroids improved symptoms of COPD

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
10626891-attachment.jpg

Background
: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is characterized by irreversible airflow limitation and is associated with weight loss and decreased muscle strength and exercise capacity.

Methods
: A double-blinded randomized controlled trial of 32 male COPD patients (age, 54.94 ± 11.27 years) was carried out to assess effects of anabolic steroid in terms of a daily high-protein, high-calorie diet alone or one combined with anabolic steroids on body composition, lung function, and health-related quality of life (HRQL). Outcomes were assessed by anthropometric and spirometric measurements, peak expiratory flow rate, partial pressure of oxygen in arterial blood, 6-minute walk test (6MWT), hand grip test, and HRQL index scores. Measurements were made at baseline and end of treatment (6 weeks).

Results
: All patients showed significant difference (P < .001) in pulmonary function parameters and anthropometric measurements after 6 weeks of intervention (within-group changes); however, no significant improvement occurred in the pulmonary function parameters between the groups. The difference in exercise capacity (6MWT) and HRQL scores in the treatment group were statistically significant (P < .001) compared with control group after 6 weeks of intervention. In the treatment group, the average 6MWT distance increased from 213.5 m to 268.5 m at 6-week follow-up, and HRQL scores increased from 101.25 to 118.45. Also, HRQL and 6MWT parameters were positively correlated in response to steroid supplementation at the end of the study.

Conclusion
: Weekly administration of anabolic steroids during 6 weeks increased exercise capacity and quality of life in patients with COPD.

http://ncp.sagepub.com/content/early/2014/02/18/0884533614522832.abstract

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
i wish they would have more info for women and test.. i did notice when i was taking the low dose weekly injections i was doing really well ..and oddly since i stopped last October i have had lung issues most of the past 3.5 months.. the gel doesn't seem to be helping at all.
why would the injections be more effective? do you think it has to do with the consistency of absorption with injections rather than maybe not so consistent with gel?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
i wish they would have more info for women and test.. i did notice when i was taking the low dose weekly injections i was doing really well ..and oddly since i stopped last October i have had lung issues most of the past 3.5 months.. the gel doesn't seem to be helping at all.
why would the injections be more effective? do you think it has to do with the consistency of absorption with injections rather than maybe not so consistent with gel?

What were your TT and FT on injections vs gels?

HI Nelson,
I thought i replied earlier but i dont see it here. on weekly injections of 20mg my levels were TT 220 FT 32this was prior to weekly injection. i felt really good and wasn't getting alot of masculine effects..just nice and confident and decent muscle tone, good energy- nice steady sex drive (not that i need one-but it is nice to have occasionally). on androgel at 20mg a day my levels were TT 152 FT20 that was blood that was taking before daily gel dose. i haven't had labs done since before surgery/then the flu/ and still recovery from flu 2months ago : ( oddly with the androgel i notice more hair growth but no sex drive or energy.-
thanks for the help this truely is a mystery to me and most drs. I just want to feel ok enough to be able to do the basic self care and start maybe having some social life.. i have been cooped up since dec- thanks for the feedback!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me