Week 3 of TRT - loss of libido; start AI: Update in OP; Estradiol at 71.9

Buy Lab Tests Online

sabre62

Update:

Ran with the majority opinion; didn’t change anything and waited for the end of week 4 for a retest. Still on the initial, prescribed protocol of subQ injections on a MWF schedule. T-Cyp 25 mg (200 mg/ml – 0.25 ml) along with HCG 300 iu.

Still running the initial protocol with a Defy follow-up scheduled for the first available – early January. Looking for some guidance on Estradiol management as my follow up is over a month away (earliest available.) I went from estradiol at 20 at pre-TRT to 71.9 at the end of week 4. My labidio has come back but still a little moody and emotional. Occasional morning wood; but not like it was pre-TRT. Some possible physical high E symptoms I've had are some severve muscle, back and joint pain.

I have been prescribed anastrozole tabs 0.15mg to have on hand in case of high E symptoms. I was wondering what I should take as a starting dose; I’d like to take as little as possible. Would twice a week be OK – and if so, what would the timing of the doses look like assuming that I stick with a MWF injection schedule?

Total test : 1080; ref 264-916
Free test: 29.0; ref 6.8-21.5
Estradiol, Sensitive 71.9 H pg/mL 8.0-35.0
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum 29.9 nmol/L 16.5-55.9

T4,Free(Direct) 1.07 ng/dL 0.82-1.77
DHEA-Sulfate 129.8 ug/dL 71.6-375.4
TSH 1.050 uIU/mL 0.450-4.500
Triiodothyronine (T3), Free 3.5 pg/mL 2.0-4.4 01

***Original post
First of all, thanks to Nelson and the members here at the forum. I'm a longtime lurker; first time poster. Would not have pulled the trigger on TRT without this excellent resource.

I started TRT through Defy Medical on October 22. Injecting the following subQ on a MWF schedule. T-Cyp 50 mg (200 mg/ml – 0.25 ml) along with HCG 300 iu. Prescribed anastrozole tabs 0.15mg to have on hand in case of high E symptoms. I haven’t used the AI.

Originally looking to start TRT due to brain fog and lack of motivation and the poor T labs (388 total, bioavailable 104). Workouts have been strong before and after TRT. Haven’t experienced the 3rd week jolt of motivation or superpowers at the gym yet. Motivation at work is still a bit lacking and fogginess hasn’t improved.

I’m only in the middle of week 3. Over the weekend I had a precipitous drop in my libido and overall poor erections –first time experiencing this so I’m hitting the panic button a little bit. Went from walking around wiht a loaded gun all the time to...well...nothing. Only change has been the initiation of TRT. In addition to the loss of libido, I’ve had a touch of teary eyed reactions to sad stories that I would normally not give a second thought to.

I’m thinking of just keeping up the current regime until at least 40 days so I can reach a stable T level and then get new labs. My fear is that my estrogen has spiked…so my question is, should I try to use the anastrozole 0.15mg maybe once or twice per week? Will changing the routine by trying the AI throw off my next labs? Am I stupid to even start the AI? My fear is crashing my E, but the total loss of libido is a bit unnerving.

My pre-treatment labs are below. My LH was low at 1.0, as was my bioavailable testosterone at 104. Everything else was in range. Total test 388.

I’m relatively fit, 45 years old, 5’6”, 180 lbs, lift 4 times per week. Probably around 20 percent body fat but working out religiously since March.

LIPID PANEL, STANDARD 155 <200 mg/dL
CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 41 >40 mg/dL
HDL CHOLESTEROL 85 <150 mg/dL
TRIGLYCERIDES 96 <1OO
CHOL/HDLC RATIO 3.8 <5.0 (calc)
NON HDL CHOLESTEROL 114 < 130 mg/dL ( calc)

BASIC METABOLIC PANEL
GLUCOSE 83 65-99 mg/dL

Vitamin B12 312 200-1100 pg/ml

FSH 2.1 1.6-8.0 mIU/ML
LH 1.0 1.5-9.3
Prolactin 2.4 2.0-18.0 ng/ml
Estrodiol 20 <= 39 pg/ml

Cortisol, AM 9.7 4.0-22.0

PSA Total 0.8 <=4.0
PSA Free 0.3
PSA %Free 38 >25%

Testosterone, Total 388 250-827
Albumin 4.7 3.6-5.1
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 34 10-50
Test free 48.7 46-224
Testosterone, Bioavailable 104.5 110-575
Vitamin D25-OH 48 30-100

DHEA-Sulfate 118.7 71.6-375.4
IGF-1 205 75-216

Estradiol, Sensitive 20.2 8-35.0

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jiu Jitsu Dude

Your body is going through major adjustments. Give it some time. I lost my libido (low) for a month. Now it's raging again. I would hold off as long as possible on the AI. But if your body cant readjust through it for a few more weeks you may want to retest E2 and then decide from there. I'm only 15 weeks in so don't take what I say as Gospel.

fifty

In 3 more weeks you will get your e2 tested again. You will probably find that it has doubled or tripled.

If you really feel bad then i would try the ai as prescribed. I started your regimine and my e2 went from 20low to 40high and that was with .125 ai twice a week. My shbg is 65 though.

Relax. The changes don’t happen overnight. Sex drive may be fluctuating because of your expectations and the muscle, at least for me, didn’t show up until 7-8 months. Go slow, don’t overthink this, and do the protocol your doctor suggests. AI too soon is foolish if the bloodwork and symptoms don’t support it.

Nashtide

This is the hot button issue on this forum. Should we consider taking an AI or not. Which is worse for long term health, a small dose of anastrazole or long term elevated E2? In my opinion, you are having high E2 symptoms. The loss of libido and erections and the emotional changes are indicative of high E2. Having said that, you should wait until your 6 week labs before adding an AI because you may find that your E2 can be managed by lowering your T dose. Also, I think you are underestimating your body fat. 180 lbs at 5’6” is probably closer to over 25% unless you are ridiculously muscular. That’s actually good news because as you drop body fat you will have less conversion of T to E2.

3 weeks just means youre now shutdown and makin a slow transition, you've no idea what's going on and as stated 6 weeks is a good norm though I think Defy makes you go 90 days for labs, it takes that long to reach some degree of stability and doing something now is ill advised.

fifty

So your e2 tripled and then some. I would take the ai. If you don’t like how it makes you feel then stop. More data to discuss with your doctor.

I would take it with your injections. If you’re really averse to it for some philosophical reason then take it on mon & fri.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me