Water Retention and Rapid Weight Gain Caused by Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

nakedjoe99

Are you on blood pressure meds ? Have you ever had high blood pressure ? Did you get a confirmatory urinalysis ?
No, I'm not on blood pressure medication. I don't know if I've ever had high blood pressure, but I'm assuming yes as I've recently seen it at 144\90 about two weeks ago at another doctor visit. It fluctuates. And this is all on a 150mg/wk dose of testosterone. I can only imagine what it has been like over the past ten years using 500 - 750 mg test plus other compounds.

What do you mean my confirmatory urinalysis?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
bstract
Although angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) belong to a family of therapies that block the renin–angiotensin system and are suggested to improve proteinuria/albuminuria, it is unclear which is more effective.

To compare the effects of ACEIs and ARBs on proteinuria in primary hypertension by performing a meta-analysis covering randomized controlled trials (RCTs).

We systematically searched MEDLINE, EMBASE, and the Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials from January 1990 to November 2014. Eligible studies were RCTs of ACEI therapy versus ARB therapy that reported the albumin excretion rate (AER), albumin (Alb), and urinary albumin excretion (UAE) as outcomes.

Seventeen RCTs, including 17,951 patients (without limit of race, age, or sex) with a mean duration of 62.6 weeks, were included. Pooled analysis suggested that ACEIs and ARBs showed no significant differences in AER/Alb/UAE/24-h urine protein/24-h urine total protein in a comparison of 10 trials (SMD 0.09; 95% CI –0.18–0.36; P = 0.52). No significant differences were observed in urinary protein/creatinine ratio (UPCR)/urinary albumin/creatinine ratio (UACR), or albumin/creatinine ratio (ACR) in 7 trials (SMD 0.15; 95% CI –1.88–2.19; P = 0.88). The total outcome of ACEIs and ARBs also showed no significant difference (SMD 0.13; 95% CI –1.03–1.29; P = 0.83). The efficacies of ACEIs and ARBs in controlling blood pressure as a secondary indicator were also similar (SMD –0.50; 95% CI –1.58–0.58; P = 0.37).

Based on a meta-analysis of 17 randomized controlled trials including 17,951 patients, we found that ACEIs and ARBs can reduce urine protein levels, improve blood pressure, and were similarly effective in terms of reducing urinary protein excretion.

nakedjoe99

Thanks for that info, Nelson. I appreciate it. I'm curious to see what this biopsy shows. Hopefully there is no major irreversible damage done to my kidneys. The protein in my urine is pretty high. I hope it's as easy of a fix as adding bp meds. It causes pretty severe water retention. I can't believe proteinuria was the issue all along.

nakedjoe99

My biopsy results came in. I was diagnosed with IgA Nephropathy. Oxford classification score: M0 E0 S1 T1 C0. I've attached my results. Don't know what the future holds, but I am very scared!

Attachments

• Kidney Biopsy Report.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 107

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I am so sorry!! Here is what I found

Treatment
There's no cure for IgA nephropathy and no sure way of knowing what course your disease will take. Some people need only monitoring to determine whether the disease is getting worse.

For others, a number of medications can slow disease progress and help manage symptoms.

Medications to treat IgA nephropathy include:

High blood pressure medications. Taking angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) can lower your blood pressure and reduce protein loss.

Omega-3 fatty acids. These fats, available in dietary fish oil supplements, might reduce inflammation in the glomeruli without harmful side effects. Talk to your doctor before you start supplements.

Immunosuppressants. In some cases, corticosteroid medications, such as prednisone, and other potent drugs that suppress the immune response (immunosuppressants) might keep your immune system from attacking your glomeruli. These drugs can cause serious side effects, such as high blood pressure, high blood sugar and increased risk of infection.

Statin therapy. If you have high cholesterol, cholesterol-lowering medications can help control it and slow the progression of kidney damage.

Diuretics. These help remove extra fluid from your blood. Removing extra fluid can help improve blood pressure control.

The ultimate goal is to avoid the need for kidney dialysis or kidney transplantation. But in some cases, dialysis or transplantation is necessary.

nakedjoe99

I am so sorry!! Here is what I found

Treatment
There's no cure for IgA nephropathy and no sure way of knowing what course your disease will take. Some people need only monitoring to determine whether the disease is getting worse.

For others, a number of medications can slow disease progress and help manage symptoms.

Medications to treat IgA nephropathy include:

High blood pressure medications. Taking angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) can lower your blood pressure and reduce protein loss.

Omega-3 fatty acids. These fats, available in dietary fish oil supplements, might reduce inflammation in the glomeruli without harmful side effects. Talk to your doctor before you start supplements.

Immunosuppressants. In some cases, corticosteroid medications, such as prednisone, and other potent drugs that suppress the immune response (immunosuppressants) might keep your immune system from attacking your glomeruli. These drugs can cause serious side effects, such as high blood pressure, high blood sugar and increased risk of infection.

Statin therapy. If you have high cholesterol, cholesterol-lowering medications can help control it and slow the progression of kidney damage.

Diuretics. These help remove extra fluid from your blood. Removing extra fluid can help improve blood pressure control.

The ultimate goal is to avoid the need for kidney dialysis or kidney transplantation. But in some cases, dialysis or transplantation is necessary.

My nephrologist put me on 10mg lisinopril and 4g omega 3 ethyl ester per day to make an effort to slow the amount of protein I am excreting. I've had this for years and didn't know it until i started having the edema (which is how I found this forum in the first place) and never in a million years thought I would be in this predicament. Let this be a lesson on how important it is to get frequent check-ups from your doctor to catch something like this in time.

sammmy

You could try Milk Thistle Extract - it is traditionally used for liver and kidney diseases and is anti-inflammatory i.e. ummuno-suppressive.

sammmy

I've had this for years and didn't know it until i started having the edema (which is how I found this forum in the first place) and never in a million years thought I would be in this predicament. Let this be a lesson on how important it is to get frequent check-ups from your doctor to catch something like this in time.

Did your urine foam in the toilet bowl with the foam covering the whole surface? This is one of the signs of protein in urine.

Last edited:

nakedjoe99

Did your urine foam in the toilet bowl with the foam covering the whole surface? This is one of the signs of protein in urine.
Yes, Sammy, I have used milk thistle in the past as well as astragalus. Nothing made a difference. And, yes, my urine is very foamy when I pee.

sammmy

My urine is foaming a lot too. Went to an urologist but he dismissed it with 'some inflammation'.

What is your estimated GFR (part of Comprehensive Metabolic Panel tests)?

nakedjoe99

My urine is foaming a lot too. Went to an urologist but he dismissed it with 'some inflammation'.

What is your estimated GFR (part of Comprehensive Metabolic Panel tests)?
My last GFR measurement was 84.7 and my creatinine was 1. All of my levels were withing range except for my albumin which was 3.4, and my 24hr protein was 5.3 grams. Those are my only outstanding numbers which kind of go hand-in-hand since I'm peeing out so much protein.

nakedjoe99

Any updates nakedjoe99?
Significant improvements in my proteinuria. A resent 24 hour urine collection yielded 405mg/24 hr. It was over 5 grams/24 hr. the previous measurement. Last bloodwork revealed an increase in creatinine to 1.6 which gave me a GFR of about 56, but a decrease in BUN from 47 to 27. I think the decrease in BUN is due to a supplement called Renadyl which I just recently started taking.

Currently keeping my testosterone at a generous dose of 250mg/wk with daily administrations of about 35 - 36mg and using 50mg nandrolone/wk with 12.5mg injections EOD.

Also injection 400mcg ipamorelin post workout on training days.

Overall, I feel ok. Not like superman compared to how I used to feel, but I am very grateful for being able to still maintain what I can in the way that I currently am. :)

Attached is a resent picture of me taken July 24, 2021.

Thank you for asking!

Attachments

• progress july 24 2021.jpg
    progress july 24 2021.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 72

Gman86

Significant improvements in my proteinuria. A resent 24 hour urine collection yielded 405mg/24 hr. It was over 5 grams/24 hr. the previous measurement. Last bloodwork revealed an increase in creatinine to 1.6 which gave me a GFR of about 56, but a decrease in BUN from 47 to 27. I think the decrease in BUN is due to a supplement called Renadyl which I just recently started taking.

Currently keeping my testosterone at a generous dose of 250mg/wk with daily administrations of about 35 - 36mg and using 50mg nandrolone/wk with 12.5mg injections EOD.

Also injection 400mcg ipamorelin post workout on training days.

Overall, I feel ok. Not like superman compared to how I used to feel, but I am very grateful for being able to still maintain what I can in the way that I currently am. :)

Attached is a resent picture of me taken July 24, 2021.

Thank you for asking!
What benefits do u feel like ur getting from 50mg or deca? It’s a pretty low dose so I’m jc

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me