Was on TRT, new Dr and wont give me TRT; Advice needed

Buy Lab Tests Online

Antisosa

Try to make this short as possible:

Got diagnosed low test in April 2017 with a level of 210 (std range of 249-836). Dr put me on TRT, with 50mg test cyp e3.5d.

It went pretty well but fast fwd to Jan of this year. I was having trouble making a baby. The Dr told me to get off. I just conceived a baby and now I wanted to get back on.

Problem now, is my Dr suddenly left and moved me to another Endo. He made me retest, I’m @ 297 with a standard of 240-950. He said I do not need it and wont give it to me.

I know easy answer is find a new Dr. But just getting this appointment as a new patient, took 4 months. So most likely will be the same, and who knows what Dr will agree with TRT, as many don’t have any knowledge in TRT. That will be months wasted again.

In short, looking for any other options or any tips? Does anyone do TRT on their own?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

I’ve used them in the past, and the test is very expensive..

You've been given an option, wait another 4 months and waster time, or Defy Medical. Your Total T is below the cut off point to be considered to have low testosterone according to the endocrine society, suggest your new doctor has a personal bias.

You cannot do TRT on your own, that's illegal, you need a prescription from a doctor. Sick care and TRT can be a nightmare, doctors only seem to care about the numbers and do not care about your symptoms.

I haven't found anyone cheaper than Defy Medical, walkin clinics charge an arm and a leg in comparison. You can go with Defy for now until you find a doctor who will put you back on TRT under your insurance network.

A temporary situation at best.

Last edited:

DragonBits

I’ve used them in the past, and the test is very expensive..

On your own or not on your own, if you are going to legally be on TRT, then a doctor has to write a prescription.

I guess the question is, how much do you hope to pay for TRT?

Are you hoping to get heath insurance to pay for it?

Do you pay for health insurance? Because unless you get good health insurance for a free or low cost, for the most part I think heath insurance isn't a good ROI, especially if you are generally healthy. For ~11 years I had no health insurance, you have to really think out of the box to both determine how much health care you really need then find the least expensive way to get treatment.

Antisosa

On your own or not on your own, if you are going to legally be on TRT, then a doctor has to write a prescription.

I guess the question is, how much do you hope to pay for TRT?

Are you hoping to get heath insurance to pay for it?

Do you pay for health insurance? Because unless you get good health insurance for a free or low cost, for the most part I think heath insurance isn't a good ROI, especially if you are generally healthy. For ~11 years I had no health insurance, you have to really think out of the box to both determine how much health care you really need then find the least expensive way to get treatment.
I mean I have great health insurance. And in the past I’ve used it for TRT. But Dr. left and now the new doctor has a different view on things. It sucks and having to go to defy medical Would be a temporary solution and hopes that I can find another doctor.

I mean I have great health insurance. And in the past I’ve used it for TRT. But Dr. left and now the new doctor has a different view on things. It sucks and having to go to defy medical Would be a temporary solution and hopes that I can find another doctor.
Try hitting the pharmacy's in your area and poll the pharmacist to who is prescribing Testosterone and see if you get any leads. I tried this and go no where a few years ago but the pharmacists were very receptive to trying to help.

Mr S

Try to make this short as possible:

Got diagnosed low test in April 2017 with a level of 210 (std range of 249-836). Dr put me on TRT, with 50mg test cyp e3.5d.

It went pretty well but fast fwd to Jan of this year. I was having trouble making a baby. The Dr told me to get off. I just conceived a baby and now I wanted to get back on.

Problem now, is my Dr suddenly left and moved me to another Endo. He made me retest, I’m @ 297 with a standard of 240-950. He said I do not need it and wont give it to me.

I know easy answer is find a new Dr. But just getting this appointment as a new patient, took 4 months. So most likely will be the same, and who knows what Dr will agree with TRT, as many don’t have any knowledge in TRT. That will be months wasted again.

In short, looking for any other options or any tips? Does anyone do TRT on their own?
Have you tried seeing a urologist instead of an endo? Mine is an excellent urologist. I have great health insurance and it covers my T and labs.

DragonBits

Have you tried seeing a urologist instead of an endo? Mine is an excellent urologist. I have great health insurance and it covers my T and labs.

When you got diagnosed, what was your Total T at? Because if if was low enough, most insurance will cover it.

Antisosa

First, tell that Dr in no uncertain terms they are fucking ignorant and to **** off. The more you learn the more you will see how much it’s deserved.

2nd, you are gonna have to shell out some cash to get on TRT bc doctors don’t actually give a **** about your quality of life. They do care about money.

In parallel you can set up appointments with doctors who take your insurance. You’ll strike out many times before you manage to get it paid under insurance. The insurance company wants you young and healthy or dead. They do not like in between, and they exploit this. They don’t pay for anything without a fight.
I tried telling hi. And he told me. In all my experience I’ve never seen anyone over 400. Im like really dude. And I don’t even care if insurance covers testosterone or not. That’s the cheap part. It’s the visits and blood tests that I’m worried about

DragonBits

Try hitting the pharmacy's in your area and poll the pharmacist to who is prescribing Testosterone and see if you get any leads. I tried this and go no where a few years ago but the pharmacists were very receptive to trying to help.

I would be shocked if pharmacies would divulge the names of doctors that frequently prescribe anything.

DragonBits

New doctor, old doctor, whatever, it's all about the numbers.

In the past, you were at 210 which was below 249, OK to go. Now you are 297, which isn't going to fly.

"f 210 (std range of 249-836). Dr put me on TRT, with 50mg test cyp e3.5d.

Problem now, is my Dr suddenly left and moved me to another Endo. He made me retest, I’m @ 297 with a standard of 240-950. He said I do not need it and wont give it to me. "

Antisosa

New doctor, old doctor, whatever, it's all about the numbers.

In the past, you were at 210 which was below 249, OK to go. Now you are 297, which isn't going to fly.

"f 210 (std range of 249-836). Dr put me on TRT, with 50mg test cyp e3.5d.

Problem now, is my Dr suddenly left and moved me to another Endo. He made me retest, I’m @ 297 with a standard of 240-950. He said I do not need it and wont give it to me. "
Hmmm so I’m screwed lol

DragonBits

Here is the funny thing.

Both my primary care doctor and current urologist both think TRT is a great treatment for me. The urologist that wouldn't prescribe TRT wrote me a letter saying it was medically OK for me to stay on TRT. The Doctors just can't prescribe it because the insurance company won't cover it and the medical group they belong to won't allow them to prescribe when the numbers are too high.

I get that, it's all about being able to stay in business for the doctors, they aren't really independent and have to play within the rules set by their group's policy.

What annoys me a little, I would liked to have simplify asked, if my Totat T is 350, is that an automatic disqualifier It is, but no one will admit that.

If I were to go looking for a local doctor, first thing I would use it to disqualify any doctor that belonged to a large medical practice.

DragonBits

314 (300-1000) and a bundle of symptoms

So did that doctor belong to a large medical group, or were they more like a sole practitioner? I assume you mean health insurance also covered it?

It's more difficult to even locate sole practitioners because most websites that recommend doctors are run by hospital groups.

Mr S

So did that doctor belong to a large medical group, or were they more like a sole practitioner? I assume you mean health insurance also covered it?

It's more difficult to even locate sole practitioners because most websites that recommend doctors are run by hospital groups.
Two male and one female doctors in one clinic. They treat men issues, fertility, etc. My PCP gave me a referral to comply with my health insurance policy. Yes, everything is under the same insurance. BTW this clinic also sees women

Antisosa

You quoted it, but did you read it? He does not care. Zero fucks given. He may have never seen over 400 bc everybody who asks for treatment is suffering from low T. Chances are he not that stupid. He’s fucking you over bc it’s convenient for him.

For the life of me I don’t understand the mentality of some people who come to these forums. You suffering or not? Fix the hormone problem. THEN fix the being broke problem with a clear head.
Lol okay bro. Let me get a clear head

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching