Wanting to return to TRT but fearful of hair thinning again.

Buy Lab Tests Online

tamerlane57

I began taking Testosterone Cypionate 200 mg/ml-5ml Vial several years ago but quit due to hair thinning. It worked extremely well and I hated to stop; however, my testosterone level now has dropped to 201 (total). I need to increase my testosterone. Is there a safer way to increase it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
First look into Natesto and enclomiphene as alternatives to TRT. You might say they're safer because they keep your HPTA functioning, possibly heading off some side effects. Compared to traditional testosterone injections they should be less likely to generate prolonged high testosterone levels, which can be perilous to hair in susceptible individuals.

If you still opt for TRT then use physiological dosing. This means a starting protocol could be something like 80 mg testosterone cypionate weekly divided into every-other-day doses. Aim for mid-range free testosterone. Monitor progesterone and if it's low then supplement. This can help to oppose DHT.

You can go a step further in TRT dose reduction by injecting daily with a cypionate/propionate blend that's tailored to cause realistic variation in serum testosterone, somewhat mimicking what occurs naturally. Dosing for peak levels this way allows for a 20% reduction in dose compared to maintaining a constant testosterone level. It's possible this reduction would help with hair preservation.

madman

Super Moderator
I began taking Testosterone Cypionate 200 mg/ml-5ml Vial several years ago but quit due to hair thinning. It worked extremely well and I hated to stop; however, my testosterone level now has dropped to 201 (total). I need to increase my testosterone. Is there a safer way to increase it.

Genetics/sensitivity of the AR (androgen receptor) to androgens plays a big role.

*Sometime later in life, and with the contribution of a genetic predisposition, androgen activity in the scalp may also help to initiate male-pattern hair loss. It is a misconception that dihydrotestosterone is an isolated culprit in the promotion of hair loss, however; as in actuality, it is the general activation of the androgen receptor that is to blame (see DHT Conversion).

*Acne, for example, is often triggered by dihydrotestosterone activity in the sebaceous glands, and the local formation of dihydrotestosterone in the scalp is typically blamed for triggering male pattern hair loss. You should know that it is a terrible misconception among bodybuilders that dihydrotestosterone is an isolated culprit when it comes to these side effects. All anabolic/androgenic steroids exert their activities, both anabolic and androgenic, through the same cellular androgen receptor"

*Dihydrotestosterone is no different than any other steroid except that it is a more potent activator of this receptor than most, and can be formed locally in certain androgen-sensitive tissues. All steroids can cause androgenic side effects in direct relation to their affinity for this receptor, and DHT has no known unique ability in this regard"

tcmi

If thinning hair was your reason for stopping TRT, you must not have thought much about the benefits of being on TRT?

Vince

Super Moderator
Finasteride at 1mg per day has made a difference for me.
Warning my friend.

Arcane

Feeling good < hair.
If you want to try a low risk treatment, I’d go with nizoral + minoxidil + castor oul daily. And derminator once a week. Screw finasteride

jmjmjm

Any good dht blockers supplements for guys in this situation? I read that pumpkin seed oil, biotin and saw palmetto can help. With that said, I couldn’t find any substantial research (specially for pumpkin seed oil.) Just checking if any of you folks have some experience or some anecdotal evidence that can help guys/girls going through this.
Thanks!

Arcane

Any good dht blockers supplements for guys in this situation? I read that pumpkin seed oil, biotin and saw palmetto can help. With that said, I couldn’t find any substantial research (specially for pumpkin seed oil.) Just checking if any of you folks have some experience or some anecdotal evidence that can help guys/girls going through this.
Thanks!
Nizoral shampoo is a mild antiandrogen

Tester

Warning my friend.

Thanks. So far no adverse effects.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones