Waist-to-Hip Ratio on TRT Predicts Non Calcified Plaque Volume

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Biomarkers and Non-Calcified Coronary Artery Plaque Progression in Older Men Treated with Testosterone

Kashif Shaikh, MD, Susan S Ellenberg, PhD, Rine Nakanishi, MD, PhD, Peter J Snyder, MD, Juhwan Lee, MD,PhD, Nanette K Wenger, MD, Cora E Lewis, MD, Ronald S Swerdloff, MD, Peter Preston, Sajad Hamal, MS
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, dgz242, https://doi.org/10.1210/clinem/dgz242
Published: 30 November 2019

Abstract
Objective
Recent results from the Cardiovascular (CV) Trial of the Testosterone(T) Trials showed that T treatment of older men with low T was associated with greater progression of non-calcified plaque (NCP). We evaluated the effect of anthropometric measures and cardiovascular biomarkers on plaque progression in individuals in the T Trial.

Methods
The CV part of the trial included 170 men aged 65 years or older with low T. Participants received T gel or placebo gel for 12 months. The primary outcome was change in NCP volume from baseline to 12 months, as determined by coronary computed tomography angiography (CCTA). We assayed several markers of CV risk and analyzed each marker individually in a model as predictive variables and change in NCP as the dependent variable.

RESULTS
Of 170 enrollees, 138 (73 T, 65 placebo) completed the study and were available for the primary analysis. Of 10 markers evaluated, none showed a significant association with the change in NCP volume, but a significant interaction between treatment assignment and waist-hip ratio p-0.0014) indicated that this variable impacted the testosterone effect on non-calcified plaque volume. The statistical model indicated that for every 0.1 change in the waist-hip ratio, the T-induced 12-month change in non-calcified plaque volume increased by 26.96 mm3 (95% confidence interval 7.72, 46.20).

Conclusion
Among older men with low T treated for one year, greater waist-hip ratio was associated with greater NCP progression, as measured by CCTA. Other biomarkers and anthropometric measures did not show statistically significant association with plaque progression.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Golfboy307

So, can you help me with the waist/hip ratio? I assume if this ratio increases the participant is getting "fatter" around the stomach area? So are they saying this factor was more predictive for plaque increase than the T?

Joe Sixpack

seems strange to me that only the men treated w/ T had a plaque difference based on waist/hip ratio. I would think that a higher w/h ratio would be bad for anyone, not just those on T

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me