Vitex aka Chaste Berry for Post Propecia (Finasteride) Syndrome Recovery

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vvs1

I learned about Vitex from reading about Propecia recovery stories. These guys took Vitex and made recoveries, contrary to the perception that it's an antiandrogen. Apparently low doses will cause side effects in men, but higher dosages will cause the opposite side effect, although they claim that this decrease in prolactin will decrease testosterone?? Here's an NIH description.

4.13. Chaste Tree (Vitex agnus-castus)
Chaste tree (or chasteberry) is a native of the Mediterranean region and is traditionally used to correct hormone imbalances. In ancient times, it was believed to be an anaphrodisiac, hence the name chaste tree. Clinical studies have demonstrated effectiveness of medications produced from extract of the plant in the management of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and cyclical mastalgia (14). The mechanism of action is presumed to be via dopaminergic effects resulting in changes of prolactin secretion from the anterior pituitary. At low doses, it blocks the activation of D2 receptors in the brain by competitive binding, causing a slight increase in prolactin release. In higher concentrations, the binding activity is sufficient to reduce the release of prolactin (15).
Reduction in prolactin levels affects FSH and estrogen levels in females and testosterone levels in men. There is as yet no information regarding its efficacy in endocrine disease states such as PCOS, however, one small-scale study has demonstrated this prolactin reducing effect in a group of healthy males, and the implication is that it could be of use in mild hyperprolactinemia (16, 17). One could also theorize that it could be refined for use as a male contraceptive, because testosterone reduction should reduce libido and sperm production. This topic is further explored in a review by Grant & Anawalt (18).

What do you guys think?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

fifty

I got some and it made me feel worse. Maybe my dosage was wrong. I just took it per bottle’s instruction.

Vvs1

I got some and it made me feel worse. Maybe my dosage was wrong. I just took it per bottle’s instruction.

Yeah, the bottle likely recommended 400mg which is the low dose that triggers prolactin that we don't want. Most threads I have seen is 1600mg. I have tried it at that dose and I definitely feel the dopamine effect. Honestly I'm hesitant to do it everyday.

Some pfs guys swear by it. I feel like some of their recoveries are from antiandrogen herbs, one other is licorice root extract.

Guided_by_Voices

Chasteberry is one of my go-to sex supplements. I find a low dose every other day to be very noticeable in a positive way. It is an easy and cheap way to see if lowering prolactin slightly will be a help. Much cheaper than cabergoline. My understanding is somewhat contrary to the above however in that larger doses could crash prolactin which you certainly don't want. I don't think that for me the primary affect is through dopamine since CB has much more affect than other dopamine promoters. I have assumed that the affect is through slightly lowered prolactin (much was on the higher end of normal).

Nashtide

Chasteberry is one of my go-to sex supplements. I find a low dose every other day to be very noticeable in a positive way. It is an easy and cheap way to see if lowering prolactin slightly will be a help. Much cheaper than cabergoline. My understanding is somewhat contrary to the above however in that larger doses could crash prolactin which you certainly don't want. I don't think that for me the primary affect is through dopamine since CB has much more affect than other dopamine promoters. I have assumed that the affect is through slightly lowered prolactin (much was on the higher end of normal).
Noticeable in the what ways?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching