Vit B-12 injectable

Buy Lab Tests Online
I am expirencing the symptoms of low B-12 this being worsened by having crohns so low absorbtion thru GI and even more so do to Prilosec usage too.

My thought is to add injectable B-12 to my daily regime. Anyone know a good sight to buy it from and what would be a good dosage frequency/amount?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Yes, you need a prescription for ANY injectable even if it is a vitamin. 2000 micrograms of vitamin B-12 three times a week is what I use. It is water soluble so no fear of toxicity.

Although we have no data on this statement, B-12 injections increases energy and appetite in most people who use it. Although the say you should inject in intramuscularly, injections under the skin are also effective. So, you need syringes.

Compounded B-12 is cheap.

Here is more information: http://www.empowerrxpharmacy.com/drugs/cyanocobalamin-vitamin-b12-injection.html

Dave, here in California Sprouts health foods has a shot clinic that is done where you can get a b-12 shot for $30. I know my wife's doc would not give her a shot so we just went to Sprouts and got one. Not sure why some docs shy away from giving b-12 shots. its not like you can OD on it. I had asked my pharmacist about it.

ChrisPBacon

Timely discussion for me. I met with my doc this morning and my recent blood work shows my MCV is high so he prescribed a weekly injection of B12 along with 5 mg of 5-MTHF orally daily be added to my HRT regimen.

I asked how I should inject the B12 and he said it didn't really matter but sub-q is preferred.

How are you injecting it Nelson? Just using an insulin pin? Where are you pinning?

Thanks!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
[h=3]Replacement therapy for vitamin B12 deficiency: comparison between the sublingual and oral route

British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology >
Vol 56 Issue 6 >
Abstract[/b]
Aims  To compare the efficacy of sublingual and oral administration of 500 µg of cobalamin in subjects with cobalamin deficiency.

Materials and results  Thirty subjects with low serum concentrations of cobalamin participated in the study. Subjects were randomly allocated to receive one tablet daily of 500 µg cobalamin sublingually or orally, or two tablets daily of a vitamin B complex. Serum cobalamin concentrations before treatment were 94 ± 30 pmol l[SUP]−1[/SUP],  108 ± 17 pmol l[SUP]−1[/SUP]  and  98 ± 14 pmol l[SUP]−1[/SUP]  in  the  sublingual  B12,  oral  B12  and oral B-complex groups, respectively. After 4 weeks, concentrations rose to 288 ± 74 pmol l[SUP]−1[/SUP], 286 ± 87 pmol l[SUP]−1[/SUP] and 293 ± 78 pmol l[SUP]−1[/SUP], respectively. The increase in each group across time was statistically significant (P = 0.0001, differences [95% confidence intervals] 194.2 (114.5, 273.9), 178.3 (104.2, 252.4), and 195.1 (135.0, 255.2) pmol l[SUP]−1[/SUP], respectively). There was no significant difference in concentrations between the treatment groups.

Conclusion  A dose of 500 µg of cobalamin given either sublingually or orally is effective in correcting cobalamin deficiency.

Powertx

I inject B-12 in my testosterone injection. I add it first and then the testosterone. B-12 serves as a flush.

Be careful since B-12 can also help increase hematocrit

ChrisPBacon

Unfortunately, I am unable to find 30 cc bottles of (cyanocobalamin). I paid about $6 each for four 1 cc bottles. Both pharmacies I checked with said the 30 cc bottles have not been available for a while.

My doc sells a 30 cc bottle of (methylcobalamin) for $85. Doc's tech said it was preservative free. Didn't ask about storage issues or how quickly it has to be used since I am only on 1 cc per week. I'll call next week and ask.

Do you guys have a preference between the two types?

Gave myself the first shot of B12 this morning next to my belly button using a 27g x 1/2" pin. No big deal other than watching 1 cc of red fluid getting pushed in was sort of weird. :)

Going to go the injection route....since its water based I can just add it to my HCG shot.

Having auto-immune issues along with digestive issues it makes sense to add it to my regime. I'm definitely been seeing immune issues, energy issues etc. hoping that this may help strength me across all lines

Thanks for the discussion guys.....will update you once I get stuff on board for a while.

Dave

Ps. Also take a daily Vit D. It has helped a lot If you're not taking it I recommend it highly

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
These are some interesting studies about B-12 supplementation

Oral vitamin B12 versus intramuscular vitamin B12 for vitamin B12 deficiencyEditorial Group: Cochrane Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders Group
Published Online: 20 JUL 2005

Abstract
Background

Vitamin B12 deficiency is common and rises with age. Most people with vitamin B12 deficiency are treated in primary care with intramuscular vitamin B12 which is a considerable source of work for health care professionals. Several case control and case series studies have reported equal efficacy of oral administration of vitamin B12 but it is rarely prescribed in this form, other than in Sweden and Canada. Doctors may not be prescribing oral formulations because they are unaware of this option or have concerns regarding effectiveness.

Objectives

To assess the effectiveness of oral vitamin B12 versus intramuscular vitamin B12 for vitamin B12 deficiency.

Search methods

Searches were undertaken of The Cochrane Library, MEDLINE, EMBASE and Lilacs. The bibliographies of all relevant papers identified using this strategy were searched. In addition we contacted authors of relevant identified studies and Vitamin B12 research and pharmaceutical companies to enquire about other published or unpublished studies and ongoing trials.

Selection criteria

Randomised controlled trials (RCTs) examining the use of oral or intramuscular vitamin B12 to treat vitamin B12 deficiency.

Data collection and analysis

All abstracts or titles identified by the electronic searches were independently scrutinised by two reviewers. When a difference between reviewers arose, we obtained and reviewed a hard copy of the papers and made decisions by consensus. We obtained a copy of all pre-selected papers and two researchers independently extracted the data from these studies using piloted data extraction forms. The whole group checked whether inclusion and exclusion criteria were met, and disagreement was decided by consensus. The methodological quality of the included studies was independently assessed by two researchers and disagreements were brought back to the whole group and resolved by consensus.

Main results

Two RCT's comparing oral with intramuscular administration of vitamin B12 met our inclusion criteria. The trials recruited a total of 108 participants and followed up 93 of these from 90 days to four months. High oral doses of B12 (1000 mcg and 2000 mcg) were as effective as intramuscular administration in achieving haematological and neurological responses.

Authors' conclusions

The evidence derived from these limited studies suggests that 2000 mcg doses of oral vitamin B12 daily and 1000 mcg doses initially daily and thereafter weekly and then monthly may be as effective as intramuscular administration in obtaining short term haematological and neurological responses in vitamin B12 deficient patients.

Oral Cyanocobalamin Supplementation in Older People With Vitamin B12 DeficiencyA Dose-Finding TrialArch Intern Med. 2005;165(10):1167-1172.

The results of this trial indicate that the lowest dose of oral cyanocobalamin required to normalize biochemical markers of mild vitamin B12 deficiency in older people with a mild vitamin B12 deficiency is more than 200 times greater than the recommended dietary allowance for vitamin B12 of approximately 3 μg/d. Clinical trials are currently assessing the effects of high doses of oral cobalamin on markers of cognitive function and depression. If such trials can demonstrate that the reported associations of vitamin B12 deficiency with cognitive impairment or depression are causal and reversible by treatment, the relevance of correction of vitamin B12 deficiency in older people could be substantial. However, the present trial demonstrates that much higher doses of cyanocobalamin are required to normalize vitamin B12 deficiency than were previously believed.

jimithing

How do you know if you're deficient in b12 other than a lab test? What symptoms would you have besides low energy which can mean anything as far as a dx? What is the best lab test? thanks

Get your Magnesium levels checked also because Prilosec is notorious for depleting these levels. In terms of the Vitamin B12, I wouldn’t use anything but methylcobalamin … I personally inject 200 mcg daily with a 31 gauge 5/16 insulin pin and I couldn’t be happier. I also take 2000 mcg of 5-MTHF daily due to a A1298C MTHFR mutation and High homocysteine levels

do you backload those syringes or does the needle stay pretty sharp after putting in in the vial? i forgot to do my injection this week.. last time i swear i got a rush not sure why.. probably my paranoia..

You should be able to get a 10week supply of Methylcobalamin for around $30. If you are trying to restore deficient B12 levels you can start with 1ml 3x week for the first 1-2 weeks then maintain with 1ml per week mixed with your testosterone (if you are on TRT).

Try to stick with the "methyl" form of B12. THe "cyano" is most common but must first be converted to methyl in your body. Methlcobalamin is the bio-active form of b12.

Here is some info with references on the methyl form of b12: http://defymedical.com/services/89-methylcobalamin-vitamin-b-12-injection

Brooksy- Try injectable Glucosamine 400mg 2X week for 12 weeks. We have seen good results with post op patients using this protocol. Dr Mcclain had some good research on injectable glucosamine and uses it in his sports med practice.

Most pharmacies who compound injectables should be able to provide this.

Let me know if you cannot get a prescription, we have an injectable nutrient service which ships nationwide from select compounders (prescription included).

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
You should be able to get a 10week supply of Methylcobalamin for around $30. If you are trying to restore deficient B12 levels you can start with 1ml 3x week for the first 1-2 weeks then maintain with 1ml per week mixed with your testosterone (if you are on TRT).

Try to stick with the "methyl" form of B12. THe "cyano" is most common but must first be converted to methyl in your body. Methlcobalamin is the bio-active form of b12.

Here is some info with references on the methyl form of b12: http://defymedical.com/services/89-methylcobalamin-vitamin-b-12-injection

Definitely agree with you on the need to stick with methyl over the cyano form of B12. Methyl is what is found in nature and tissue, and will absorb more efficiently in the body. There's a good write-up with Dr. D'Adamo, which supports a lot of these talking points. It's worth reviewing ... http://www.dadamo.com/B2blogs/blogs...cyanocobalamin-versus-methylcobalamin?blog=27
I went to a B12 Methly/L Carnatine combo injection about a year or so ago, never looked back!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me