Very Confused - Lab Results - Advice/Insights?

Buy Lab Tests Online

S1W

I've been at this for a few years now. I've tried various methods of administration and protocols, but always seem to settle back to what has been my go to protocol of 60mg E3.5D cyp.

After experimenting with a few different protocols over the past year - daily prop, daily cyp, EOD cyp, cream, nandrolone + cyp - I went back to plain 'ol 60mg E3.5D cyp back in mid-September.

Typically, my labs on this protocol would look something like:

LABCORP
TT: 1030 ng/dl (264-916)
FT: 32 pg/ml (8.7-25.1)
TruT FT: 33.88 ng/dl
E2: 48 pg/ml (8.0-35.0)
SHBG: 23 nmol/l (16.5-55.9)
HGB: 17.5
HCT: 50.2

I had labs drawn about a week ago - about 9 weeks consistent on the 60mg E3.5D cyp protocol. The Labcorp in my area closed down, so these labs were done at Quest. Very confused by the results.

QUEST
TT: 493 (250-827)
FT: 108.2 pg/ml (46-224)
TruT FT: 16.24 ng/dl
E2: 43 pg/ml (< OR = 29)
SHBG: 16 nmol/l (10-50)
HGB: 18.7
HCT: 54.3

So many questions...

SHBG: I noticed my SHBG appears to have a dropped a lot. Labcorp and Quest appear to use the same unit of measurement, yet have different ranges. What am I looking at here?

HCT: On previous labs, I noticed a correlation between TT/FT and HCT. Also, when HCT had been high previously, I noticed that my BP was also slightly elevated. This time, I have the lowest TT/FT since I began TRT, with the highest HCT since I began TRT. Yet my BP is normal at 120/70...

E2: Relative to TT, this is the highest my E2 has been.

I have noticed that I haven't been feeling great on this protocol either. I was expecting high TT/E2 to be at the root of that...guess I was wrong.

Anyone have any thoughts on all of this, or if maybe a lot of the source of my overwhelming confusion in the face of my recent lab results is the difference between how Labcorp and Quest do things?

What protocol changes would you consider going forward?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

UCFguy01

I've been at this for a few years now. I've tried various methods of administration and protocols, but always seem to settle back to what has been my go to protocol of 60mg E3.5D cyp.

After experimenting with a few different protocols over the past year - daily prop, daily cyp, EOD cyp, cream, nandrolone + cyp - I went back to plain 'ol 60mg E3.5D cyp back in mid-September.

LABCORP

I had labs drawn about a week ago - about 9 weeks consistent on the 60mg E3.5D cyp protocol. The Labcorp in my area closed down, so these labs were done at Quest. Very confused by the results.

QUEST

So many questions...

SHBG: I noticed my SHBG appears to have a dropped a lot. Labcorp and Quest appear to use the same unit of measurement, yet have different ranges. What am I looking at here?

HCT: On previous labs, I noticed a correlation between TT/FT and HCT. Also, when HCT had been high previously, I noticed that my BP was also slightly elevated. This time, I have the lowest TT/FT since I began TRT, with the highest HCT since I began TRT. Yet my BP is normal at 120/70...

I have noticed that I haven't been feeling great on this protocol either. I was expecting high TT/E2 to be at the root of that...guess I was wrong.

Anyone have any thoughts on all of this, or if maybe a lot of the source of my overwhelming confusion in the face of my recent lab results is the difference between how Labcorp and Quest do things?

SHBG drops usually with TRT. It seems to be something that happens to many.

Some will say not to worry about HCT. I think it wouldn't hurt to donate a pint....or do one of those double red blood cell donations where they put the plasma back in.

I don't think your E2 is that bad honestly. I wouldn't worry about it

Maybe you'd feel better with a higher dose. 453 total T seems low and your free T is marginal. Give some blood and up your dose to 80mg E3.5days and check labs again in 6 weeks.

madman

Super Moderator

LABCORP

QUEST

So many questions...

Before jumping to any conclusions I would have blood work done again and pay no attention to your FT results as you did not have it tested using accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

I would be far more concerned with where your FT level truly sits!

madman

Super Moderator

LABCORP

QUEST

So many questions...

LABCORP you had the piss poor FT direct immunoassay.

QUEST was calculated.

S1W

Before jumping to any conclusions I would have blood work done again and pay no attention to your FT results as you did not have it tested using accurate assays such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

I would be far more concerned with where your FT level truly sits!

Thanks. What do you think of TruT FT levels? Do you think that is a decent metric, and if so, what do you think of my levels on the two protocols outlined in my original post?

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks. What do you think of TruT FT levels? Do you think that is a decent metric, and if so, what do you think of my levels on the two protocols outlined in my original post?

As you know when having bloodwork done it is critical that your protocol is consistent (dose T/injection frequency) and testing at the true trough as this will have a big impact on the results. (reminder for all the newbies on the forum)

Forget comparing blood work unless you are using the same lab, same assays (most accurate) TT/e2 (LC-MS/MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration).

Get blood work done again and have your FT tested using one of the above methods if you want to know where your FT level truly sits on such a protocol.

madman

Super Moderator
Most men do well with an FT in the 20-30 ng/dL range and many tend to aim for the higher end or run slightly higher levels depending on the individual.

FT 16-31 ng/dL would be considered a healthy range.

Labcorp FT assay (Equilibrium Dialysis) has a reference range of 52-280 (5.2-28.0 ng/dL) which I prefer when testing FT.

S1W

Any change in the brand of testosterone? Curious if so what were the manufacturers?

No - though I’ve tried 3 different brands (in addition to Empower, which is more or less my baseline) and have not noticed any difference.

I’m just going to have to go with SHBG was driving these differences.

gerardo

No - though I’ve tried 3 different brands (in addition to Empower, which is more or less my baseline) and have not noticed any difference.

Do you think the changes in your laboratory tests were due to Hcg? What dose do you use of Hcg?

Acer97

Was the low blood test on Empower?

madman

Super Moderator
What would it matter as he had his blood tests done at 2 different labs let alone using 2 different testing methods for his FT?

LABCORP was the piss poor FT direct immunoassay and QUEST was calculated.

Even then his TT results from both labs may be different assays.

As I stated earlier.....Forget comparing blood work unless you are using the same lab, same assays (most accurate) TT/e2 (LC-MS/MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration).

S1W

It was. However, I do not have any reason to believe that Empower's T Cyp is underdosed. Do you?

Ultimately, I believe what madman stated above it correct. Additionally, I'm thinking if any conclusions are to be made from those labs, the changes are most likely explained by the lowered SHBG combined with the E3.5D schedule.

Acer97

It was. However, I do not have any reason to believe that Empower's T Cyp is underdosed. Do you?

Ultimately, I believe what madman stated above it correct. Additionally, I'm thinking if any conclusions are to be made from those labs, the changes are most likely explained by the lowered SHBG combined with the E3.5D schedule.
No but usually compounding pharmacies are off a lot more on potency than big names pharmaceuticals due to less fda regulation. There was a study where they compared big name creams to compounded creams the big names were between 95% and 105% accurate where as they said while only 1/5 of the compounded creams were even within 20% of the potency they were supposed to be

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me