Vascepa, prescription fish oil...

Buy Lab Tests Online

broker

I may have posted this but currently there are 3 different brands of prescription fish oil. However, Vascepa is the only one that only contains EPA fatty acid and not DHA.
The DHA in fish oil is whats responsible for an increase in LDL.
They just completed a ground breaking study on over 8,000 men taking Vascepa. Not only does it significantly lower tryglycerides but it siginificantly reduces the chance of a heart attack or stroke but at least 25% . Vascepa is already fda approved but with the positive results of this study, the fda is probably going to give the green light to expand the label of Vascepa to include it reduces heart attack and stroke by at least 25%. This significant reduction is without statins. You add statins and its a 50% reduction.
Unlike over the counter fish oil, the prescription version doesnt render a fishy taste or fishy breath and no side effects. The other two precriptions contain DHA, whereas Vascepa only contains EPA as i stated earlier. The 25% reduction study called “ Reduce-It “ is sigificant. Epa fish oil also lowers cholesterol by about 8%.
That said, EPA dramatically reduces inflammation and CRP levels. I think this drug will also be used to reduce inflammation which could have a variety of positive effects not only on cardio vascular results.
This could possibly fight cancer as well as arthritis and other inflammation related ailments.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I may have posted this but currently there are 3 different brands of prescription fish oil. However, Vascepa is the only one that only contains EPA fatty acid and not DHA.
The DHA in fish oil is whats responsible for an increase in LDL.
They just completed a ground breaking study on over 8,000 men taking Vascepa. Not only does it significantly lower tryglycerides but it siginificantly reduces the chance of a heart attack or stroke but at least 25% . Vascepa is already fda approved but with the positive results of this study, the fda is probably going to give the green light to expand the label of Vascepa to include it reduces heart attack and stroke by at least 25%. This significant reduction is without statins. You add statins and its a 50% reduction.
Unlike over the counter fish oil, the prescription version doesnt render a fishy taste or fishy breath and no side effects. The other two precriptions contain DHA, whereas Vascepa only contains EPA as i stated earlier. The 25% reduction study called “ Reduce-It “ is sigificant. Epa fish oil also lowers cholesterol by about 8%.
That said, EPA dramatically reduces inflammation and CRP levels. I think this drug will also be used to reduce inflammation which could have a variety of positive effects not only on cardio vascular results.
I do like the over counter fish oil products and at least for the ones I've used I've never had any fishy odor or taste.

Ethyl eicosapentaenoic acid - Wikipedia

There are many fish oil dietary supplements on the market.[8] There appears to be little difference in effect between dietary supplements and prescription forms of omega-3 fatty acids, but EPA and DHA ethyl esters (prescription forms) work less well when taken on an empty stomach or with a low-fat meal.[2] The ingredients of dietary supplements are not as carefully controlled as prescription products and have not been fixed and tested in clinical trials, as prescription drugs have,[9] and the prescription forms are more concentrated, requiring fewer capsules to be taken and increasing the likelihood of compliance.[8]

broker

Precription EPA fish oil lowers tryglycerides much more than over the counter unless you are taking 20 plus pills at a time. If you take that much over the counter fish oil, you run the risk of raising LDL cholesterol. Prescription version is 4 grams of pure EPA.

Vince

Super Moderator
Precription EPA fish oil lowers tryglycerides much more than over the counter unless you are taking 20 plus pills at a time. If you take that much over the counter fish oil, you run the risk of raising LDL cholesterol. Prescription version is 4 grams of pure EPA.
I've never used fish oil pills, I just use the liquid, easier to absorb and never had any taste issues.

broker

The over the counter versions, whether liquid or pills, simply will not render the results of prescription Vascepa. Thats not to say over the counter doesnt help which i believe it does, just not near the benefit as the prescription fish oil.

I had a quick link to my drug costs so I ran this one...

.5mg capsule 90 day supply/360 tablets via mail-order: $239
.5mg capsule 30 day supply/240 tablets $162

DaveK22

Using the search feature lol

I just got prescribed Vascepa. Although everything I read says 4 grams is the typical dose, my Primary says BS and 2 grams is sufficient. He uses it himself so like to think he knows whats best.

Anyone using just 2 grams daily?

Vince

Super Moderator
Note that fish oil has a number of benefits. Among the biggest and most important: protection from dementia and cognitive decline, due mostly to the DHA component. Vascepa, of course, contains no DHA.

DaveK22

Note that fish oil has a number of benefits. Among the biggest and most important: protection from dementia and cognitive decline, due mostly to the DHA component. Vascepa, of course, contains no DHA.

Good info Vince. I read in one of the forum threads that DHA can raise LDL too so interesting how this comes into play. Like everything else it's a giant balancing act lol

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me