Using HCG to lower LDL: The "Bad" Cholesterol

Buy Lab Tests Online

scubajoe

Hi All

I have spent hours looking for studies about using HCG while on TRT and/or cycling to lower LDL

Acording to Seth Spartan
HCG will lower LDL

I am currently on TRT if this is true my doctor would surely prescribe HCG but i need some studies to back me up

cheers!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

xqfq

I researched this as well. I don't think it's true, but if anyone knows otherwise please chime in.

Evidence as to why it's probably not true:

1. Studies on men on TRT (no HCG) do not show a statistically significant increase in LDL-C. There is a slight drop in HDL-C. If HCG was needed to keep LDL-C down, then we'd expect lots of studies on TRT to show an increase in LDL-C.

2. I don't think cholesterol works like that in the body. While using HCG will cause some cholesterol to be used, my guess is that if not using HCG the liver / body just produces less cholesterol. Maybe (and this is a big maybe) there's a short-term increase in LDL-C but I'd expect it to normalize over a few weeks.

But this is just my guess, I'm certainly not a doctor / bio expert - just someone who's researching how to best be healthy and on TRT for the rest of my life!

scubajoe

Just stumble on this looks like testosterone only lower HDL

I would like to find some studies on HCG effect on LDL

fifty Well-Known Member Yeah right... What is the point to that comment? useless

xqfq thank you for your input if i find something i will let you know

INTERVENTIONS:
Testosterone cypionate injections were given in gradually increasing doses of 150 mg/week for 2 weeks, 300 mg/week for 2 weeks, and 600 mg/week for 2 weeks. Eight subjects received testosterone injections during the first injection phase and placebo during the second injection phase, and the remaining eight subjects received placebo first and testosterone second.
RESULTS:
We found a 21% depression of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) levels following the first 300-mg testosterone dose. This depression remained unchanged after the two 600-mg doses. In contrast, we did not find any changes in low-density lipoprotein or total cholesterol levels at any of the time points studied. Subjects' total cholesterol/HDL-C ratios were significantly elevated during testosterone administration and even 4 weeks following the last injection.
CONCLUSION:
Our findings suggest that testosterone cypionate adversely affects cholesterol fractions, that this effect reaches its full magnitude even at very modestly supraphysiologic doses, and that this effect persists for several weeks after discontinuation of the drug.

Changes in lipoprotein-lipid levels in normal men following administration of increasing doses of testosterone cypionate. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

fifty

Yeah right means I have never seen a study that says HCG lowers LDL.

For those who didn't watch the video:
"You guys should know this...your testicles, which hang down your scrotum, pull out cholesterol out of your blood stream."

"There's another side effect of not using HCG. You're increasing your risk of heart attack and stroke by a massive amount."

"If you need sources for any of this stuff, go to my website."

Here is a study where 22 patients took 2000IU 3x/wk and their LDL went up. However if you look hard enough you can usually find a study saying whatever you want.
https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article-pdf/81/9/3372/10507497/jcem3372.pdf

Last edited:

CZS

Definitely N=1 here, but my LDL dropped substantially after adding HCG to my routine. I have familial hypercholesterolemia, so my LDL has been in the 220-230 range most of my adult life. Since adding the HCG, it's down to 158. Still too high, obviously, but lower than it has EVER been. Just my experience...

xqfq

CZS: Could you post your full before/after lipid panel? Hard to tell from just a single number. Standard lipid panels are also not that great (NMR or ApoB/Apo A-1 is better).

Another data point here is Nelson's post on this HCG study:

Testicle Size: Testosterone Injections vs hCG vs T gel

In the study, the HCG mono group saw the least decrease in HDL-C and a slight drop in LDL-C. The testosterone gel group also saw a slight drop in LDL-C. The results were not major with respect to LDL-C IMO, and if HCG did something major here I'd expect a more dramatic move in LDL-C.

Gman86

Could it possibly have something to do with HCG acting like TSH in some men? Optimizing Thyroid is one of the best, and most underrated, ways to optimize cholesterol levels. Just thinking out loud. We’d obviously have to see full thyroid and cholesterol labs before starting HCG, and after using HCG, to be able to tell if there’s any real correlation, which I doubt anyone has ever done, but just putting it out there as a possible reason why HCG might positively effect lipids.

Obviously HCG can raise E2, which can also positively effect lipids.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me