Urologist thinks TRT can stimulate my natural production?

Buy Lab Tests Online

bigbobrocks

Hey guys,
Been on TRT 5 months now (25 years old, secondary hypogonadism, levels were 6.0nmol before TRT).

My urologist has been really receptive to TRT and things have been going well (started on one injection every 3 weeks but got her to change it to 2x a week after showing bloodwork and studies)

However, at the end of my appointment today she said "we will keep things the same this year. But next year we will try and make bigger gaps between the injections, until eventually you won't need them at all because your body will know what to do".
Everything I have researched suggests this is the complete OPPOSITE of what would happen.
Does anyone have any studies I could show her to let us understand this?

She's been the only doctor who has been receptive to prescribing me TRT in my city and I spent a long time finding her. So suggestions to change doctor won't be helpful.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Unfortunately sounds like you may have some suffering in your future if you proceed down the aforementioned path. “Making bigger gaps” between the injections serves no useful purpose and it sounds as though she is simply looking to eventually get you off of TRT...but through a slow and prolonged process. Negative feedback tends to keep endogenous T production suppressed even for those poor fellas on a single injection every 3-4 weeks. Hate to say it, but if your physician is set on this path then you might be forced to reconsider your last sentence.

bigbobrocks

Unfortunately sounds like you may have some suffering in your future if you proceed down the aforementioned path. “Making bigger gaps” between the injections serves no useful purpose and it sounds as though she is simply looking to eventually get you off of TRT...but through a slow and prolonged process. Negative feedback tends to keep endogenous T production suppressed even for those poor fellas on a single injection every 3-4 weeks. Hate to say it, but if your physician is set on this path then you might be forced to reconsider your last sentence.
She's been really good and receptive as a doc so far but this definitely has me concerned.
She generally listens if I bring her research (Eg I brought her in the studies on HCG and she was then happy to prescribe after reading them).

So I just need to find the right studies to show her how her idea simply won't work

bigbobrocks

It took me a solid 2 years to find a doc who would work with me and prescribe test. So I'm really going to try my best to figure out a way I can make things work with her.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

I agree 100% with Dr Saya. Why can't some doctors not learn the basics of TRT? It is not rocket science. Urologists are usually one of the best educated on TRT.

broker

I remember years ago my endo told me about a study where low T men were given T injections to shut them down and when they went off, their natural T went up significantly. I think the dosages may have been higher than normal. Not sure how to explain this and either did he. He says it sometimes works.

Sean Mosher

If she has been super receptive to everything you've requested so far then I'd continue with that approach.
Tell her you understand the "supposed risks" of lifelong TRT and that you are willing to continue.
I'm not sure honestly what else you can do with someone, like Nelson said, who can't even grasp the simple aspects of it.
Work with what you have going for you since you can't change the rest..........she's open to listening to you.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me