Upped dose of NDT and my TSH went up!

Buy Lab Tests Online

mcs

How is it possible that I can take a higher dose of NDT and do my labs at the same time as prior and come out with lower TSH and T3?

Prior labs (NDT dose @ 2.00 grains - 130mg):
TSH: 2.03
FT3: 3.70
FT4:1.40

Current labs: (NDT dose @ 2.25 grains - 146.25mg):
TSH: 3.29
FT3: 3.5
FT4: 1.5

No change in diet or supps.

What did I do different?
I started on Metformin about a month back. Metformin is actually supposed to REDUCE TSH as shown here.

If more T3 is supposed to suppress TSH, then this makes no sense. This is the dilemma I have been plagued with for the last 10+ years. It seems that no matter how much I increase, I can't seem to suppress TSH enough as I have posted on before here.

So, I upped my NDT dose by another .25 grain (16.25mg) to 2.5 grains (162.5mg) to see if that will suppress TSH as Dr. Childs recommends here.

What else can I do?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Anonymon

Considering how little of a fluctuation that is, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. NDT also isn’t as standardized as levothyroxine or liothyronine. There’s a lot of natural variation there. I’ve had very different numbers and felt very different on the same amount of NDT but from different brands in the past, and from batch to batch in minor ways as far as blood tests go.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me