Underdosed generic Perrigo Test Cyp?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jerajera

I was given Perrigo generic Test Cyp instead of Pfizer Test in error because my doctor forgot to put "no substitute" on the prescription and I didn't check right away after picking it up.

I started feeling off about a week after switching (had no idea it wasn't Pfizer Test anymore so placebo is out). After two weeks I ran some labs and on the same exact protocol (22mg/day) my Free T dropped from around 35ng/dL to 20ng/dL.

On daily injections especially there's no way that's natural variance in levels, it's a drop of almost 50%. I use equilibrium dialysis through Quest (from discountedlabs) for all my tests. Same time of day.

Anyone have a similar experience with generic Test or with that brand in particular?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Painjunky

I had the same issue with perrigo and Cipla after running pfizer for years. My total was down 200 ng/dL. My pharm can’t get it anymore. I will be trying Hospira next.

Jerajera

I had the same issue with perrigo and Cipla after running pfizer for years. My total was down 200 ng/dL. My pharm can’t get it anymore. I will be trying Hospira next.

Good to know I'm not the only one. I'm never using a generic again for anything if I can avoid it, doesn't matter how much extra I have to pay.

I'm gonna look for the Pfizer Test everywhere until I find it.

Gman86

Yup, just had labs done on perrigo cyp, and was pretty surprised at how low my total T level was compared to the dose I was on. And I’m on Perrigo for the exact same reason. Due to Pfizer cyp not being available atm for me. Dying for it to come back in stock. Always felt pretty damn good on Pfizer cyp, and labs were always consistent. I’ve actually switched to UGL prop, from a trusted source, until Pfizer cyp becomes available again. It’s unfortunate, but I trust my UGl source more than these generic big pharma brand names or compounded test. Plus the UGL source uses mct oil, which is a plus

Jerajera

Yup, just had labs done on perrigo cyp, and was pretty surprised at how low my total T level was compared to the dose I was on. And I’m on Perrigo for the exact same reason. Due to Pfizer cyp not being available atm for me. Dying for it to come back in stock. Always felt pretty damn good on Pfizer cyp, and labs were always consistent. I’ve actually switched to UGL prop, from a trusted source, until Pfizer cyp becomes available again. It’s unfortunate, but I trust my UGl source more than these generic big pharma brand names or compounded test. Plus the UGL source uses mct oil, which is a plus

Thanks for confirming as well, good to know I'm not the only one and that it's backed by labs also.

Honestly it seems so crazy I couldn't believe it when I saw my labs, it took me a while to accept the reality of it even though I had strong suspicions.

Gman86

Thanks for confirming as well, good to know I'm not the only one and that it's backed by labs also.

Honestly it seems so crazy I couldn't believe it when I saw my labs, it took me a while to accept the reality of it even though I had strong suspicions.
Ya I was honestly shocked when I saw my labs as well. Was trying to figure out why my total test level was so much lower than it has been in the past on similar or same dosages of test cyp in the past. Glad u made this thread, cuz now I’m just gonna go with it being due to the brand of cyp I was using, opposed to trying to think of other factors that could have played a role. it’s insane that the FDA allows pharma testosterone to have the amount of variation that it does. It‘s sad that quality UGL sources are more spot on dosage wise with their products than big pharma is. At least with my UGL source I get an HPLC report showing exactly how many mgs/ ml are in the product I’m buying. I have a feeling that if we saw HPLC testing on some of these generic testosterone products we’d be shocked at how off they are compared to what the label says. For the money we pay for pharma grade testosterone it should absolutely come with an HPLC report showing how many mgs/ ml are in the vial u receive

Jerajera

Ya I was honestly shocked when I saw my labs as well. Was trying to figure out why my total test level was so much lower than it has been in the past on similar or same dosages of test cyp in the past. Glad u made this thread, cuz now I’m just gonna go with it being due to the brand of cyp I was using, opposed to trying to think of other factors that could have played a role. it’s insane that the FDA allows pharma testosterone to have the amount of variation that it does. It‘s sad that quality UGL sources are more spot on dosage wise with their products than big pharma is. At least with my UGL source I get an HPLC report showing exactly how many mgs/ ml are in the product I’m buying. I have a feeling that if we saw HPLC testing on some of these generic testosterone products we’d be shocked at how off they are compared to what the label says. For the money we pay for pharma grade testosterone it should absolutely come with an HPLC report showing how many mgs/ ml are in the vial u receive

It's amazing you're getting an HPLC report from your UGL. I agree we would probably be shocked to see that kind of report for some generic brands. It blows my mind, I still have a hard time believing it.

But I also remember how much credit I used to automatically give doctors, before realizing most of them are completely clueless. Really goes to show you always have to look carefully at the underlying structure and knowledge of things and people, far beyond the degrees, status, official titles, etc...

Gman86

It's amazing you're getting an HPLC report from your UGL. I agree we would probably be shocked to see that kind of report for some generic brands. It blows my mind, I still have a hard time believing it.

But I also remember how much credit I used to automatically give doctors, before realizing most of them are completely clueless. Really goes to show you always have to look carefully at the underlying structure and knowledge of things and people, far beyond the degrees, status, official titles, etc...
Don’t even get me started on this subject! Lol. Been in the medical field for almost 20 years, and the main thing I’ve learned is unless the doctor is a surgeon, u can easily take care of urself by doing ur own research than listen to whatever advice they have to give u. The fact that people still go to their doctors for health advice blows my mind. They only get taught how to prescribe bandaid medications for specific diagnoses, that’s honestly it. Anything other than that ur way better off googling things on ur own

Jerajera

Don’t even get me started on this subject! Lol. Been in the medical field for almost 20 years, and the main thing I’ve learned is unless the doctor is a surgeon, u can easily take care of urself by doing ur own research than listen to whatever advice they have to give u. The fact that people still go to their doctors for health advice blows my mind. They only get taught how to prescribe bandaid medications for specific diagnoses, that’s honestly it. Anything other than that ur way better off googling things on ur own

I completely agree, it's my mindset now as well

madman

Super Moderator
I was given Perrigo generic Test Cyp instead of Pfizer Test in error because my doctor forgot to put "no substitute" on the prescription and I didn't check right away after picking it up.

I started feeling off about a week after switching (had no idea it wasn't Pfizer Test anymore so placebo is out). After two weeks I ran some labs and on the same exact protocol (22mg/day) my Free T dropped from around 35ng/dL to 20ng/dL.

On daily injections especially there's no way that's natural variance in levels, it's a drop of almost 50%. I use equilibrium dialysis through Quest (from discountedlabs) for all my tests. Same time of day.

Anyone have a similar experience with generic Test or with that brand in particular?

Post your labs for TT/FT previous (Pfizer TC) and current (Perrigo TC).

TT and FT are both lower?

Where does your SHBG sit?

Are you always using the same lab (Quest) same assay most accurate TT (LC/MS-MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis)?

If anything contact Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing and report the issue as they are the ones who manufacture the generic TC for Perrigo.

If enough people are having the same issue with the same LOT# then they should be well aware of it.

This is not something they would take lightly.

madman

Super Moderator

I started feeling off about a week after switching (had no idea it wasn't Pfizer Test anymore so placebo is out).

How would you not know this when loading your syringe?

Seven injections in a week to boot!

After two weeks I ran some labs and on the same exact protocol (22mg/day) my Free T dropped from around 35ng/dL to 20ng/dL.

You are leaving out some critical markers TT and SHBG.

Jerajera

Post your labs for TT/FT previous (Pfizer TC) and current (Perrigo TC).

TT and FT are both lower?

Where does your SHBG sit?

Are you always using the same lab (Quest) same assay most accurate TT (LC/MS-MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis)?

If anything contact Grand River Aseptic Manufacturing and report the issue as they are the ones who manufacture the generic TC for Perrigo.

If enough people are having the same issue with the same LOT# then they should be well aware of it.

This is not something they would take lightly.

I answered those questions in my OP. Free T is always tested using Equilibrium Dialysis and TT using LC/MS through Quest, no exceptions.
Free T dropped from 35ng/dL to 20ng/dL.
Total T dropped also from ~1400ng/dL to ~1000ng/dL.
SHBG has been ~40nmol/L pretty much since starting TRT, after dropping from an original ~80nmol/L pre-TRT.

I'll contact them but I don't expect an honest reaction or actually any reaction whatsoever.

madman

Super Moderator
I answered those questions in my OP. Free T is always tested using Equilibrium Dialysis and TT using LC/MS through Quest, no exceptions.
Free T dropped from 35ng/dL to 20ng/dL.
Total T dropped also from ~1400ng/dL to ~1000ng/dL.
SHBG has been ~40nmol/L pretty much since starting TRT, after dropping from an original ~80nmol/L pre-TRT.

I'll contact them but I don't expect an honest reaction or actually any reaction whatsoever.

Definitely a big drop!

They would get aired the f**k out if enough people were running into the same quality control issues!

Jerajera

I started feeling off about a week after switching (had no idea it wasn't Pfizer Test anymore so placebo is out).

How would you not know this when loading your syringe?

Seven injections in a week to boot!

The box the vial was in is almost identical to the Pfizer box. Same size, same purple top of the box, etc...I didn't pay attention because I didn't think for a second I could've been given something else. I don't look at every box and vial in detail.

Not sure why you're implying I'm making this up, what would I have to gain by lying about it?

madman

Super Moderator
The box the vial was in is almost identical to the Pfizer box. Same size, same purple top of the box, etc...I didn't pay attention because I didn't think for a second I could've been given something else. I don't look at every box and vial in detail.

Not sure why you're implying I'm making this up, what would I have to gain by lying about it?

Never said you were making this up.

You only posted FT off the hop and never mentioned TT or SHBG!

Anyone would know the difference between the 2 vials (generic/pharma) its basic.

Jerajera

Definitely a big drop!

They would get aired the f**k out if enough people were running into the same quality control issues!

I wonder...how many people would run labs just to check, or think it can't be just a normal variation in levels?

The only way I'm pretty sure there's a problem is that on a daily protocal of Test Cyp there's no way such a drop can be normal variation, especially using equilibrium dialysis. Plus it seems at this point I'm not the only one with the same exact issue.

Jerajera

Never said you were making this up.

You only posted FT off the hop and never mentioned TT or SHBG!

Anyone would know the difference between the 2 vials (generic/pharma) its basic.

I guess you're implying I'm retarded then. I like your passive aggressive style, it's amusing. I used to talk to people like that also when I was a teenager.

madman

Super Moderator
I wonder...how many people would run labs just to check, or think it can't be just a normal variation in levels?

The only way I'm pretty sure there's a problem is that on a daily protocal of Test Cyp there's no way such a drop can be normal variation, especially using equilibrium dialysis. Plus it seems at this point I'm not the only one with the same exact issue.

I would still contact the manufacture and voice your concerns.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me