Ubiquinol Oral vs Coenzyme Q10 Injection?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DaveK22

I have been taking ubiquinol orally for years. From my recollection, it's the reduced form of COQ10 and better suited for older people.

So I recently noticed Empower has Coenzyme Q10 Injection and has me wondering if that would be better than taking an oral supplement?

If anyone can provide feedback that would be great. Anything like cost, dosing amount, blood work results, etc would be helpful.

Ref:

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I have been taking ubiquinol orally for years. From my recollection, it's the reduced form of COQ10 and better suited for older people.

So I recently noticed Empower has Coenzyme Q10 Injection and has me wondering if that would be better than taking an oral supplement?

If anyone can provide feedback that would be great. Anything like cost, dosing amount, blood work results, etc would be helpful.

Ref:
The only way you would know for sure is by getting your levels checked. You could use the injections for 6 months and see where your levels are. And before you start using the injections, get your levels checked.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It looks as though Defy Medical patients can get the Empower injectable coenzyme Q10 for $72 for 200 mg (10 mL—20 mg/mL). I assume the bioavailability is pretty high with this form. However, oral bioavailability would have to be quite low for injections to be more cost-effective.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom

Oral ubiquinol is very well absorbed so bioavailability would not be the reason to consider injections. It might make sense if oral ubiquinol causes gastrointestinal side effects for you. I think that as a compounding pharmacy, Empower is inclined to make injectable forms of everything, whether it is needed or not.

Something I've started to think about more in recent years is the effects of supplements on the microbiome which can sometimes be undesirable. Large supplies of nutrients that promote bacterial reproduction can contribute to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth and associated symptoms in some people.

Guided_by_Voices

My recollection, which is from distant memory so I could be off here, is that the issue with COQ10 is getting it into the cell, so the avenue to pursue would be investigating whether getting it into the blood via injection actually does anything to benefit that aspect of its use. I would think a liposomal encapsulation would be better if such a thing exists. IV injections of Vitamin C seem to increase cellular availability and perhaps that is due to the much higher blood levels that can be achieved, so perhaps that applies to COQ10 also, but getting it in to the blood is not the main issue, as I understand it.

DaveK22

Oral ubiquinol is very well absorbed so bioavailability would not be the reason to consider injections. It might make sense if oral ubiquinol causes gastrointestinal side effects for you. I think that as a compounding pharmacy, Empower is inclined to make injectable forms of everything, whether it is needed or not.
^^^ This makes a lot of sense to me...thx

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching