Turmeric and iron?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captain

Turmeric is harsh on the gut. When you get a bleeding ulcer it should lower your hematocrit. I used Turmeric at one time but my gut couldn't take it. 3 grams a day would have my gut messed up in a month and take 3 months to recover from it. I know that because I did it 3 times.

Last edited:

DragonBits

Interesting, but tricky.

they say, turmeric absorbs intestinal iron.

So it will depend on when you take the turmeric and when you get the iron. If the turmeric is already passed then it should not affect iron absorbation. If both turmeric and iron are present at the same time in intestinal track, they iron absorbation would be blocked.

Another tricky thing is turmeric curcumin is not easily absorbed so most of it passes out of your body. But various supplements claim much higher absorbation, as high as 45 times greater bioavailability.

There are also curcumin implants being studied in humans. In the past they did these types of test in rats.

Curcumin Implants, Not Curcumin Diet, Inhibit Estrogen-Induced Mammary Carcinogenesis in ACI Rats

Curcumin Implants, not Curcumin Diet Inhibits Estrogen-Induced Mammary Carcinogenesis in ACI Rats

I was interested in the subject because after taking life extension curcumin elite my E2 dropped quite a bit. Not 100% sure it was the curcumin as I only did the one test of total T / E2 and it was coincidentally after being in the new supplement for a month.

maxadvance

hemoglobin dropped 1.5 points in less than 2 months, that's 5-6 points off your hematocrit. When he stopped the turmeric his hemoglobin went up 2 points in a matter of weeks. He took 3.25 grams of oral capsules, and who knows if they were typical poor bioavailability or they were enhanced with bioperrine.
It would seem that if one was willing to ingest 3-6 grams of curcumin/turmeric per day they would likely see a rapid decline of hematocrit in less that a couple months.

"Turmeric is among the spices known to inhibit iron absorption by 20%-90% in humans, reducing iron absorption in a dose-dependent manner [10]. The stoichiometric qualities of turmeric indicate it could bind nearly all absorbable iron and cause iron deficiency, and it does so in mice [3]. "

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me