Trying HCG once more - dosage and advice?

@smokedsalmon lol, sorry I had to laugh! Only because we just found out we’re pregnant. I had a Semen analysis done and my count was at 8 million and that’s only with 300IU’s 2x week which is JUST enough for me to maintain testicular size. Normal sperm count is 15-20 million so I thought we’re ok, nope, just found out we’re pregnant. Only takes one, LOL!

@smokedsalmon my Endocrinologist did not have any scientific evidence to support this and she was upfront about it, this is purely anecdotal. Her advice was to make your HCG dose extremely concentrated. She said for some reason her male patients react better at more concentrated doses.

my dilution:
12000iu / 4ml Water = 3,000 iu per ml
300 per .1

I take .1 2x week.

This is the bare min I need to keep the boys alive.

I only bring this up because you said HCG didn’t work well for you before, so maybe changing up the dilution ratio would help. Again, no science behind this, just anecdotal. For me, a less concentrated does resulted in more flushed face/blushing in the face, some hot flashes. I tried the more concentrated does and that went away.

Just a thought!

Wolverine

I've always gotten the best symptom relief over 30 FT I've noticed. But when I start pushing it past 40, I notice I get really moody. My bloodwork still comes back good though. I do donate blood regularly too to keep this in check.

It's tough for me to titrate to symptoms with HCG as I really don't have any - just trying to preserve my balls for future use. No major shrinkage or anything. I do get some pain during orgasm sometimes, but that's rare due to an antidepressant I'm on (Nardil).

One more question - does dropping my 150mg week T dose to 100 and trying 125IU HCG every other day sound reasonable? Almost makes me wonder if my HCG side effects were from too much TT.
Your HCT is low given the amount of T you take and where your T levels are. What is your donation protocol (how often, whole blood, double reds, platelets)? Tx

Your HCT is low given the amount of T you take and where your T levels are. What is your donation protocol (how often, whole blood, double reds, platelets)? Tx
I donate every couple months - as much as they'll let me. Whole blood. Going today actually!

I'm waiting to get another TT/FT test back now to see if the last one was accurate. I've never seen my E2 so low for such a high TT so I'm questioning it.

madman

I donate every couple months - as much as they'll let me. Whole blood. Going today actually!

I'm waiting to get another TT/FT test back now to see if the last one was accurate. I've never seen my E2 so low for such a high TT so I'm questioning it.

You need to take a step back and think about this!

Your ferritin is most likely crashed and can have a negative impact on thyroid function let alone lead to anemia.

If you are constantly trying to manage elevated RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit with frequent blood donations than you may need to cut back on your T dose slightly and bring your levels down some if they are truly as high as what you posted earlier.

Donating more than 2-3 times/year is a surefire way to tank your ferritin/iron.

You should have mentioned this in your first post.

Running a protocol that results in a very high TT/FT you are bound to run into elevated RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit let alone chasing your tail donating frequently to try and manage it.

You need to take a step back and think about this!

Your ferritin is most likely crashed and can have a negative impact on thyroid function let alone lead to anemia.

If you are constantly trying to manage elevated RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit with frequent blood donations than you may need to cut back on your T dose slightly and bring your levels down some if they are truly as high as what you posted earlier.

Donating more than 2-3 times/year is a surefire way to tank your ferritin/iron.

You should have mentioned this in your first post.

Running a protocol that results in a very high TT/FT you are bound to run into elevated RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit let alone chasing your tail donating frequently to try and manage it.
Oh man, I wish I'd read about this sooner. I didn't realize it was such a drain on ferritin.

I've never had elevated blood markers, but just felt it was a good way to keep them in check while doing some good.

Think I'm going to hold off on donating for a bit and then limit it to just a few times every year.

Appreciate the heads up Madman, I never would've known.

4 days in. Insomnia building up, and some anxiety. Going to stick with it a bit longer and see how it goes - unfortunately this is pretty much what happens every time I've tried HCG :/

albatross

I have recently taken a break from HCG. I was taking 200iu EOD which is the lowest dose that I have tried so far. Although my blood markers were pretty much perfect I was still feeling a little off, with puffy face, excessive sweating and some anxiety. After 2 weeks of sticking with just T only, no HCG and no AI I feel great!

Of course this is far too early to tell and I will do bloods in about 10 days time to see what is going on. Testicles have still maintained size for now but again, far too early to see any affect here.

My hope is that I can find an absolute minimal dose of HCG that keep testicles moving but doesn't cause the inevitable E2 rise requiring the administration of an AI.

albatross

@albatross and @smokedsalmon how are you diluting your HCG? How much water into how many IU’s? What time of day you inject?
For me it is 5ml bac water mixed with a Pregnyl 5000iu vial and inject 200IU EOD first thing in the morning. I think this is pretty standard preparation but my dosage is certainly on the lower end compared to others. I suspect it is still too much for me though.

@albatross I highly recommend You switch to a more concentrated does. That helped me big time. My Endo didn’t haven’t any scientific evidence, only anecdotal, but has seen better results for men to use HCG at a highly concentrated dose. She says when it’s less diluted men seem to be more sensitive to its estrogenic effects. It was true for me. Less bloating/blushing/hot flashes when I started concentrating it more. I do 12k IU’s to 4ml of water. Then inject .1 which is 300IU’s 2x week. That is the minimum dosage I need to maintain testicular volume.

Just a thought, it’s worth a try, worked for me.

Correction - when it’s more diluted, men are more sensitive to its estrogenic effects. You want as little water to HCG as possible.

albatross

Correction - when it’s more diluted, men are more sensitive to its estrogenic effects. You want as little water to HCG as possible.
@Executive7 does this stand up to scrutiny? It is just mixed with bac water so I can't fathom why dilution would affect it - is it because it disperses more easily through the body?

@albatross as stated in my post, absolutely no scientific evidence, purely anecdotal, but this is coming from my endocrinologist and her experiencing in treating men with HCG. She has noticed most men react differently depending on dilution ratio. She has noticed a more concentrated does is received better and notes more estrogenic effects when it’s heavily diluted. I can’t think of any reason why this would be scientifically true, maybe at higher concentrated levels the bodies receptors perceive it differently or metabolize it quicker so it ignites a different response. I have no idea, but if one is having issues with HCG then there’s absolutely no harm in trying it. It did work for me.

albatross

@Executive7 Thanks for the detailed reply. It is certainly worth a go I guess. I am just waiting for baseline results for the 4 weeks I have been on T only and depending on the results of that I will decide how to proceed.