True /false -Multi-dose 10ml vial expires after 28 days of puncturing??

Buy Lab Tests Online

keithc2485

Hey hey guys, out of curiosity I was googling questions about Pfizer brand testosterone multi-dose 10ml vial because I just started getting them. I used to just get the single-use vials because my insurance stopped covering the single dose vials except Perrigo which I don't use I had an allergic reaction. Vi now started the multi-dose so I pay out of pocket

After puncturing the stopper it says 28 days goes by and it's no longer good. How true is this, because doesn't that defeat the purpose of a multi-dose vial?

Every every Google search said the same thing..am I losing potency with a multi-dose vial? This can't be right help please.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

keithc2485

Loss of potency isn't the issue. The manufacturer doesn't want to be responsible if you accumulate enough microbial contamination to cause problems. But with good drawing methods the risk should stay low for months.

I figured as much but of course there was threads of people going on and on about the testosterone cypionate salts disintegrating after 28 days blah blah blah then I started second-guessing... My drawing techniques are very sterile so I'm hoping I should be fine I paid a good price for the vial as well too so I was very excited about it.

Thanks for the input my friend have a good day

Whitey26

Unfortunately all wrong answers. When the company was going for their patent they only studied it for the 28 day period. So all information given is based off the approved PI from the FDA. The same goes for all the insulin’s.

keithc2485

Unfortunately all wrong answers. When the company was going for their patent they only studied it for the 28 day period. So all information given is based off the approved PI from the FDA. The same goes for all the insulin’s.

Wow that's really messed up that they leave the info out there like that ..
I knew something was off . Bc most drs and the guys on here all use MDVs .... Thanks for the insight.

I paid 140.00$ for the name brand 10ml . I do 90mg Q week in 2 doses.ao this will b god for like 7 months for me .

madman

Super Moderator
Hey hey guys, out of curiosity I was googling questions about Pfizer brand testosterone multi-dose 10ml vial because I just started getting them. I used to just get the single-use vials because my insurance stopped covering the single dose vials except Perrigo which I don't use I had an allergic reaction. Vi now started the multi-dose so I pay out of pocket

After puncturing the stopper it says 28 days goes by and it's no longer good. How true is this, because doesn't that defeat the purpose of a multi-dose vial?

Every every Google search said the same thing..am I losing potency with a multi-dose vial? This can't be right help please.

If we are speaking in terms of potency/strength.....complete B***S**T!

madman

Super Moderator
Hope you realize that the standard stone age trt protocol prescribed for decades was 200mg every 2 weeks or 300mg every 3 weeks and the multi-dose 10ml vial (200mg/ml) was commonplace.

10ml vial (10 shots@200mg/ml) and no they were not discarding those multi-dose vials every month.

I still have sealed 10ml vials 12 months old that I have used and blood work is no different.

T

tareload

To reassure you, I am still working on a 10 mL bottle that I opened on 2/15/2020. With proper aseptic technique (wipe top of vial with ethanol/isopropanol wipe and careful how you handle needle/syringe) and given the contents of the vial [testosterone cypionate, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, and cottonseed oil], you will be just fine!

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Sorry, not correct. It's not in either FDA's PI or the direct Pfizer copy of PI:

It does pertain to sterility and originates with United States Pharmacopeia (USP) General Chapter 797, which "recommends the following for multi-dose vials of sterile pharmaceuticals:"
  • If a multi-dose has been opened or accessed (e.g., needle-punctured) the vial should be dated and discarded within 28 days unless the manufacturer specifies a different (shorter or longer) date for that opened vial.
  • If a multi-dose vial has not been opened or accessed (e.g., needle-punctured), it should be discarded according to the manufacturer’s expiration date.
Obviously Pfizer does not specify a shorter or longer date, that's all.

Last edited:

Nik

[QUOTE = "loco, publicación: 184022, miembro: 13851"]
Espero que se dé cuenta de que el protocolo estándar de trt de la edad de piedra prescrito durante décadas fue de 200 mg cada 2 semanas o 300 mg cada 3 semanas y que el vial multidosis de 10 ml (200 mg / ml) era algo común.

Vial de 10 ml (10 inyecciones a 200 mg / ml) y no, no estaban desechando esos viales multidosis todos los meses.

Todavía tengo viales sellados de 10 ml de 12 meses de antigüedad que he usado y los análisis de sangre no son diferentes.
[/CITAR]
cipionato de testosterona, alcohol bencílico, benzoato de bencilo y aceite de semilla de algodón], estará bien!
Locomo estas el que usan de pfizer tiene todo esos componentes?

madman

Super Moderator
[QUOTE = "crazy, post: 184022, member: 13851"]
I hope you realize that the standard stone age trt protocol prescribed for decades was 200mg every 2 weeks or 300mg every 3 weeks and that the 10ml multidose vial (200mg / ml) was somewhat common. .

10ml vial (10 injections at 200mg / ml) and no, they weren't discarding those multidose vials every month.

I still have 12 month old sealed 10ml vials that I have used and the blood tests are no different.
Testosterone Cypionate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, and Cottonseed Oil], you'll be fine!
How are you, the one you use from pfizer has all those components?
[/QUOTE]

Come again?
How are you, the one you use from pfizer has all those components?
[/QUOTE]

fifty

Tapering prolongs the misery. Cypionate’s 8 day half life is an automatic taper anyway.

Last edited:

DragonBits

Sorry, not correct. It's not in either FDA's PI or the direct Pfizer copy of PI:

It does pertain to sterility and originates with United States Pharmacopeia (USP) General Chapter 797, which "recommends the following for multi-dose vials of sterile pharmaceuticals:"
  • If a multi-dose has been opened or accessed (e.g., needle-punctured) the vial should be dated and discarded within 28 days unless the manufacturer specifies a different (shorter or longer) date for that opened vial.
  • If a multi-dose vial has not been opened or accessed (e.g., needle-punctured), it should be discarded according to the manufacturer’s expiration date.
Obviously Pfizer does not specify a shorter or longer date, that's all.

Seems a point without any value.

Doesn't the USP manual derive it's recommendations from the testing the manufacture had done? It's basically just a cut and paste.

BTW, I don't pay attention to any expiration dates on anything. :)

Expiration dates are just how long the manufacturer decided to test the product. However, it does sometimes matter.

Recently I tested a bottle of rubbing alcohol I had, maybe for 5 years, maybe a decade, who knows, there was no expiration date on it. Or maybe it rubbed ofF? BUT I know rubbing alcohol lose effectiveness over time time.

My 70% rubbing alcohol now had 5% alcohol, basically almost water at this point. I could put out a fire with this rubbing alcohol. :) :)

One can google the US supply of stockpiled supplies like medicines, they test and keep their supplies till a test indicate it's lost effectiveness, long past the expiry date.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me