Trt while on calcium channel blocker

Buy Lab Tests Online

Slims99

I have recently been diagnosed with SVTs and PVC and was prescribed a calcium channel blocker. I’m also hypogonadal. I’m only 35 and otherwise have been healthy. I’m started trt in July and also came down with Covid at the same time. Ended up stopping trt cause of the high heart rate and palpitations. Well they stuck around so I’m guessing it had more to do with the Covid. Was just wondering if there is anyone on here that takes these and is also on test. I was taking 100mg split 50/50 every 3.5 days of test c and had a good libido and didn’t need a nap everyday for the first time that I could remember. I really enjoyed that part but the heart stuff got me worried.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I am on Nosvasc (Calcium channel blocker- Amlodipine) plus amiloride (mild diuretic). I use TRT at 50 mg twice per week plus hCG 500 IU twice per week.

Fortunate

I am on Verapamil and TRT. However, most forms of TRT give me SVT's and palpitations. At a minimum, I feel a more forceful heartbeat on TRT. I have also noticed my blood pressure being a bit elevated, although I am not sure if that's TRT or not.

Natesto is the only form of TRT that does not seem to cause the cardiac issues, which is what I am currently on. You should consider it.

Slims99

I am on Verapamil and TRT. However, most forms of TRT give me SVT's and palpitations. At a minimum, I feel a more forceful heartbeat on TRT. I have also noticed my blood pressure being a bit elevated, although I am not sure if that's TRT or not.

Natesto is the only form of TRT that does not seem to cause the cardiac issues, which is what I am currently on. You should consider it.
Dang trt might just not be for me. It’s unfortunate because it really relieves so many symptoms but I’m like you I get the same issues with palpitations and SVTs. I tried natesto and it was worse on netesto than it was on test c 100mg a week.

Fortunate

Dang trt might just not be for me. It’s unfortunate because it really relieves so many symptoms but I’m like you I get the same issues with palpitations and SVTs. I tried natesto and it was worse on netesto than it was on test c 100mg a week.
Interesting. Worse in what way? Cardiac side effects?

You could consider lowering your dose even further and splitting it up to inject more frequently.

Slims99

Yes just was having lots of PAC and a few SVTs while taking it. I was actually wearing a holter monitor at the time so I know this was actually happening. I have had everything looked over from cardiologist and my heart seems fine. Have done all the tests. I’m only 35 and am 5’ 10 155 pounds. I have thought about trying xyosted at the 75mg a week to see what that does. When I was taking the test c I was splitting 50mg every 3.5 days for a total of 100mg a week. Had my total test at 650 through blood work and E2 was around 25 so that all looked good. But my resting heart rate was increased and always felt really forcefull. I was only on for about 3.5 to 4 months so maybe things would have regulated out had I stayed on longer.

Fortunate

Yes just was having lots of PAC and a few SVTs while taking it. I was actually wearing a holter monitor at the time so I know this was actually happening. I have had everything looked over from cardiologist and my heart seems fine. Have done all the tests. I’m only 35 and am 5’ 10 155 pounds. I have thought about trying xyosted at the 75mg a week to see what that does. When I was taking the test c I was splitting 50mg every 3.5 days for a total of 100mg a week. Had my total test at 650 through blood work and E2 was around 25 so that all looked good. But my resting heart rate was increased and always felt really forcefull. I was only on for about 3.5 to 4 months so maybe things would have regulated out had I stayed on longer.
I am curious what your primary care doctor and your cardiologist think? I suspect some have a more sensitive cardiac response than others. I think you and I fall into that category, but I seem to tolerate Natesto fine.

If you are indeed sensitive, I might even consider recommending the Xyosted at 50 mg instead of 75. You can always go up if needed.

Slims99

Yeah that might be a good way to start. The doctors don’t seem to know much about testosterone but he does not think it should have any effect on this. But without a doubt when I came off and got back to my natural levels which are around 200 total T and a E2 of like 7 I don’t seem to have any of these issues. I will say right when I stopped and I was completely bottomed out was when I was having the worst time with the PACs which makes me think it might just be a matter of the fluctuation in hormones. That’s what gives me hope that maybe if I gave it enough time things would settle down. I just get lots of anxiety when I start having these issues unfortunately which probably just makes things worse. I have thought about trying to go back on a SSRI and then starting back on test to see if that helps any…… what a mess!

I have recently been diagnosed with SVTs and PVC and was prescribed a calcium channel blocker. I’m also hypogonadal. I’m only 35 and otherwise have been healthy. I’m started trt in July and also came down with Covid at the same time. Ended up stopping trt cause of the high heart rate and palpitations. Well they stuck around so I’m guessing it had more to do with the Covid. Was just wondering if there is anyone on here that takes these and is also on test. I was taking 100mg split 50/50 every 3.5 days of test c and had a good libido and didn’t need a nap everyday for the first time that I could remember. I really enjoyed that part but the heart stuff got me worried.

I found this thread because I noticed my heart rate went up from ~88 bpm to ~100 bpm in the 3-4 weeks since I started TRT. How high did your heart rate go?

SkiDaddy

Not a doctor but this works for me:
We searched for nutrient deficiencies that could cause cardiac arrhythmias [premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions (PVCs), atrial fibrillation, and related sinus pauses], and found literature support for deficiencies of Taurine and l-Arginine. Case histories of people with very frequent arrhythmias are presented showing 10–20 g Taurine per day reduced PACs by 50% and prevented all PVCs but did not prevent pauses. Adding 4–6 g of l-arginine immediately terminated essentially all remaining pauses and PACs, maintaining normal cardiac rhythm with continued treatment. Effects of Taurine useful in preventing arrhythmias include regulating potassium, calcium and sodium levels in the blood and tissues, regulating excitability of the myocardium, and protecting against free radicals damage. Taurine restored energy and endurance in one of the cases from a debilitated status to normal. Arrhythmias may also respond to Taurine because it dampens activity of the sympathetic nervous system and dampens epinephrine release. l-arginine may have anti-arrhythmic properties resulting from its role as a nitric oxide (NO) precursor and from its ability to restore sinus rhythm spontaneously. Endogenous production of Taurine and l-arginine may decline in aging perturbing cardiac rhythm, and these “conditional” essential nutrients therefore become “essential” and require supplementation to prevent morbidity and mortality. l-arginine is hypothesized to prevent cardiac arrhythmias by NO stabilization of the sinus node. Cardiac arrhythmias having no known cause in otherwise healthy people are hypothesized to be symptoms of deficiencies of Taurine and Arginine.

MIP1950

I don't have any cardiac or BP issues but in a discussion with my urologist, he told me that the heart has testosterone receptors. He related that one patient's cardiologist told him to stay on testosterone because it was beneficial for his heart. Maybe it's a fine needle to thread but it would seem that remaining on testosterone confers more benefits than it does negatives.

Charliebizz

Not a doctor but this works for me:
We searched for nutrient deficiencies that could cause cardiac arrhythmias [premature atrial contractions (PACs), premature ventricular contractions (PVCs), atrial fibrillation, and related sinus pauses], and found literature support for deficiencies of Taurine and l-Arginine. Case histories of people with very frequent arrhythmias are presented showing 10–20 g Taurine per day reduced PACs by 50% and prevented all PVCs but did not prevent pauses. Adding 4–6 g of l-arginine immediately terminated essentially all remaining pauses and PACs, maintaining normal cardiac rhythm with continued treatment. Effects of Taurine useful in preventing arrhythmias include regulating potassium, calcium and sodium levels in the blood and tissues, regulating excitability of the myocardium, and protecting against free radicals damage. Taurine restored energy and endurance in one of the cases from a debilitated status to normal. Arrhythmias may also respond to Taurine because it dampens activity of the sympathetic nervous system and dampens epinephrine release. l-arginine may have anti-arrhythmic properties resulting from its role as a nitric oxide (NO) precursor and from its ability to restore sinus rhythm spontaneously. Endogenous production of Taurine and l-arginine may decline in aging perturbing cardiac rhythm, and these “conditional” essential nutrients therefore become “essential” and require supplementation to prevent morbidity and mortality. l-arginine is hypothesized to prevent cardiac arrhythmias by NO stabilization of the sinus node. Cardiac arrhythmias having no known cause in otherwise healthy people are hypothesized to be symptoms of deficiencies of Taurine and Arginine.
Wow very interesting. I’ve had pac and pvcs since my teenage years. Something I definitely have to try.

MIP1950

Wow very interesting. I’ve had pac and pvcs since my teenage years. Something I definitely have to try.
From my experience with high dose taurine(4 -5 g) for trying to manage manic episodes and migraines, 10-20 g, daily, of taurine could cause lower gastro problems. I did sublingual and still had problems, but that might just be my body.

I read a study on patients with congestive heart failure who were given 3 g, 3X daily. Maybe if it's taken with food, there will be less gastro side effects.

Charliebizz

From my experience with high dose taurine(4 -5 g) for trying to manage manic episodes and migraines, 10-20 g, daily, of taurine could cause lower gastro problems. I did sublingual and still had problems, but that might just be my body.

I read a study on patients with congestive heart failure who were given 3 g, 3X daily. Maybe if it's taken with food, there will be less gastro side effects.
Thank you for that. I’m gonna try it and see how it goes. I did have these issues way before trt. So I do not believe they are related at all for me.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me