TRT Week 3 - Hair Loss and Thinning

Buy Lab Tests Online

findingforever

All

I would like your advice on this. I know there are numerous threads on hair loss, and i have tried to read through them, but still have some questions.

I am on week three of my treatment, which is the following protocol:
  • 500iu HCG (Wed)
  • 500iu HCG (Thu)
  • 100mg Test Cyp (Fri)
For the past two weeks, I've noticed significant hair loss and thinning. No noticeable receding, but I can now see hair in my hands when showering and putting product in my hair (hence I no longer put product in my hair). Also, in general my hair seems to be thinner and more brittle and I can see my scalp. I have a family history of MPB (particularly, hair thinning and loss over the whole crown for my siblings) but have always had a very full thick head of hair (to the extent that people would comment on it).

Like anybody, I do not want to lose my hair. To put that in context, I am heavily considering coming off my TRT protocol ASAP to stop (and hopefully recover) from my hair loss to date.

I understand this sudden hair loss is likely linked to DHT levels rising (I am getting labs done in the next couple of days to check levels) and thus,

I have the following questions:
  1. Will coming off my TRT protocol stop hair loss? Moreover, will it reverse the loss and thinning i've experienced to date? My DHT levels will expectedly drop so my hope that the answer to that question is yes.
  2. Will introducing an AI help with this at all? I have Arimidex to hand but have yet to take it.
  3. Can the HCG play any part in this?
I have consulted my urologist and will hope to get an answer soon. TRT benefits have been great (body composition, strength, libido) but my symptoms pre-TRT were not as severe as some on here, so I will stop if there is no way to reduce hair loss.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

(apologies for the duplicate thread but the other one didn't seem to work...and i can't figure out how to delete it )

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

findingforever

Worrying about losing your hair is probably causing more hair loss than TRT at 3 weeks.

I hear that, but it is literally night and day. Pre-TRT, barely any loss at all (i would wash my hair numerous times per day and put product in...hardly any loss..as in almost nothing). Now, just simply running my fingers through my hair and I see hair follicles falling out...and in general, my hair is super thin and waspy.

My pre-TRT free test levels were low, so my DHT was likely very low. I can only guess that this is linked to bumping both of those up considerably.

Any feedback on my questions above? I'd really appreciate people's opinions.

Loki

The hair that is falling out is already genetically predetermined to fall out. The TRT is just speeding up the process. You could stop and use something to reduce DHT but all you are doing is buying time.

findingforever

The hair that is falling out is already genetically predetermined to fall out. The TRT is just speeding up the process. You could stop and use something to reduce DHT but all you are doing is buying time.

Yeah that's what I understand from my research.

I would like to buy time lol. If I stop my TRT, will I see my hair improve (i.e. less loss and thicker in general)?

Loki

I would like to buy time lol. If I stop my TRT, will I see my hair improve (i.e. less loss and thicker in general)?
Most likely if you take something like Propecia (finasteride) you should temporarily stop the loss and possibly grow back most of what has recently shed. You just have to fully understand the trade off and risk with that.

findingforever

Most likely if you take something like Propecia (finasteride) you should temporarily stop the loss and possibly grow back most of what has recently shed. You just have to fully understand the trade off and risk with that.

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to touch Finasteride.

What if I just come off TRT altogether? Of course my Test levels will drop back to what they were before treatment (low) but surely this would mean my DHT would lower and hair loss abide?

Loki

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to touch Finasteride.

What if I just come off TRT altogether? Of course my Test levels will drop back to what they were before treatment (low) but surely this would mean my DHT would lower and hair loss abide?

My opinion is your loss would slow down and possibly stabilize. Really depends on when those hairs were predestined to fall out. The TRT just accelerated that. Seems like for most the 40's is when the hair in the non safe zone (sides and back is DHT resistant) and by the 50's it tends to stabilize again... How old are you?

Also if you still have some hair toppix can work miracles... You should give it a try...

Systemlord

Living your life with low testosterone just to save your hair and risk cardiovascular problems is silly.

These large injections increase the conversion of estrogen and DHT, try injecting smaller doses more frequently. It worked for me. Also realize your hair is probably growing faster, I notice not only does my hair grow faster, I shed more often because of the increased growth rate.

my hair is super thin and waspy.
My hair on TRT became dry and curvy, it was a vitamin C deficiency. I was also iron, vitamin D and potassium deficient.

Will introducing an AI help with this at all? I have Arimidex to hand but have yet to take it.

Arimidex can cause hair loss, knew a guy on another forum taking Finasteride and Arimidex and couldn't figure out why he was losing hair.

Last edited:

Neil

I've been on injectable prescription T for almost ten years. And yes, I did lose my hair. I just cut it short in a crew cut style. Strangely it does not really bother me. And no, I do not regret going on T at all, it's made my life so much better. The hair doesn't seem like a big deal at all.

Blashy

You’d prefer to continue not receiving all the health benefits and better feeling of T... just to keep your hair?

If so, I think you would be better off seriously rethinking your priorities.

VacationMan

Avoid Propecia...that stuff can really jack you up! You're better off with Rogain or some other topical.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me