TRT water retention now showing in feet

Buy Lab Tests Online
I'm going to give Defy a call tomorrow but in the meantime just wanted to educate myself a bit on this topic with your help. I started TRT a few months ago after an unsuccessful clomid run. My latest labs are in great shape and I'm feeling great. Reasonable trough T at 700-800, E2 at 35.

But recently, I feel like I am retaining 5-10 lbs of water (that's probably dramatic, but that's what it feels like!). I am in good shape (6' 2", 200 lbs), in the gym 3-4 times a week with a trainer, so I should be sweating a lot of this out. Starting to notice lumps on the sides of my feet as well which is concerning my wife.

Is there anything that can be done about this? My E2 is under control with AI and is in 30s. Hoping there is something that can be done without huge changes in protocol. Feeling so much better than I ever have and would hate to make changes that would affect that.

Any thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Htx52086

This is a simple solution, and it is most likely going to sound like the complete wrong thing to do but it will help if not cure the problem if it is indeed water retention...especially if your E2 is under control.

Drink more water. Drink 1+ gallon a day and in about 3-4 days the problem should level out but once again only if it is water retention. Alot of people think they drink more than enough water until they actually measure how much they drink and they realize they are far from getting 1+ gallon a day. The more water you drink the more your body will expel. Also try to cut some excess sodium out of your diet

Good luck

ERO

It is fairly normal to get some water retention when one first starts T injections and normally your body adjusts and it goes away after a few weeks. I would not change your protocol at all - possibly ask your doc about a diuretic (water pill) for short-term use.

Thanks everyone. I called this AM and asked for just that. We'll see what they say. In the meantime, I will try to drink more water, although I drink a ton of it already...I have a desk job and literally drink water all day. Bathroom breaks constantly as well. Then after work I go straight to the gym. Cardio 3x a week, lifting 2x. So not sure if I can do anymore than that.

Keep pulling you E2 labs, notorious side effect of Estrogen increase is water retention but as ERO stated its common early on and can take a bit to subside.

Htx52086

Thanks everyone. I called this AM and asked for just that. We'll see what they say. In the meantime, I will try to drink more water, although I drink a ton of it already...I have a desk job and literally drink water all day. Bathroom breaks constantly as well. Then after work I go straight to the gym. Cardio 3x a week, lifting 2x. So not sure if I can do anymore than that.

Well, you might be drinking enough already but to be honest I doubt it. I had some water retention in the past and thought I was drinking plenty of water throughout the day, going to the bathroom frequently, clear urine etc. but I kept track of it for 1 day to see exactly how much I was drinking and I was well below a gallon a day. After I upped my intake by a few extra glasses a day the water retention fell off almost completely in 3-4 days. It's worth a shot and it will help if your problem is indeed water retention. As long as you stay within 1-2 gallons a day (a very large range) you don't have to worry about dropping dead on us like Vince said LOL. Keep it spread out through the day and don't chug too much at once and you will be fine. Also you might want to try cutting out some sodium from your diet. Hope this helps bud

Good Luck

Jon H

GeauxBears - If I read your post correctly your clomid run ended several months ago, and you've been on TRT now for a few months already. This would indicate that your swelling is not due to just starting TRT.

There are MANY different opinions on this, but please remember that successful E2 management varies greatly for each individual. For many, an E2 of 35 would be considered perfect, causing no symptoms, and looked at as being very healthy. For me, and many others, an E2 reading of 35 makes one feel miserable, both mentally and physically. An E2 of 35 for me causes water retention, gives me BPH symptoms, and mentally makes me difficult to be around. It could absolutely be that you fall into this category and need to lower your E2 into the 20-30 range.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Most cases of lower extremity (peripheral) edema has nothing to do with estradiol and a lot to do with cardiovascular issues. My number one suggestion if edema does not get better after a month on TRT is to get a full cardio work up by a cardiologist.

Some men report decreased edema after a short cycle of a diuretic like HTZ, so that is something to explore. Low sodium intake and plenty of water plus cardio may also help. Cardio exercise and sweating in a sauna have also been reported to help. But these are speculations that should not replace a good cardiovascular work up.

Pulmonary hypertension caused by sleep apnea has also been reported as a cause.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2006/0215/p589.html

"A common but under-recognized cause of edema is pulmonary hypertension, which is often associated with sleep apnea. Venous insufficiency is treated with leg elevation, compressive stockings, and sometimes diuretics. The initial treatment of idiopathic edema is spironolactone. Patients who have findings consistent with sleep apnea, such as daytime somnolence, load snoring, or neck circumference >17 inches, should be evaluated for pulmonary hypertension with an echocardiogram."

Last edited:
We are going to do some E2 monitoring over the next few weeks and in the meantime try low dose HTZ to see if we can bring it down. Honestly I am thinking it's E2 related. I have been getting trough draws but I'm going to draw day after injection, etc., to see if spiking is occurring that may be leading to this. I really appreciate everyone's feedback and I'll post back as things progress.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me