TRT w/o libido increase?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Carnosaur

57 yr old athletically active male with good lipids, BP, thyroid, ferritine, etc levels. FT = 324 tested prior to commencing protocol.
Brain fog, lethargic, difficulty concentrating, difficulty sleeping, lack of motivation, loss of libido (more on that in a bit)

My doctor recently prescribed Test Cyp at 100mg once/week via IM. I've been on this protocol for 4 weeks now and I have started noticing a slight lifting of the veil on the mental / emotional issues, and energy seems to be starting to come back as well. I assume both will continue to improve for a while.

I'm also noticed a definite increase in libido and therein lies my question: I want the mental/emotional boost but frankly would rather not have the libido boost. For reasons I won't go into, I found the last few years decline to a near complete numbing of my (historically strong) libido to be somewhat relaxing and it certainly helps with my very low drive wife. I know... opposite of what most guys are looking for but "it is what it is".

Maybe I'm searching for a unicorn but is there a protocol where I can get the mental/emotional/energy benefits of TRT while letting my sex drive go back to sleep?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

You can't just shut off your libido and get all the other mental and physical benefits, it's a package deal.

A strong libido is a sign of good mental health. Perhaps your wife could benefit from at least checking her hormones.

Last edited:

Carnosaur

Thanks, I was sure that it was a "package deal" but thought I'd pose the question to those who've studied this far more than I have just in case I missed something.

I agree that she could benefit from starting HRT, but as I say that's another topic and beyond the scope of this site.

DorianGray

Libido is the foundation of sex drive, which in turn, is about the reason for an organism's existence, us included. Libido, urges, addictions are best addressed with mental therapy which could include meditation, self-psychotherapy or professional help. However, rather than treat it as a compulsion to eliminate, I'd put it on a pedestal to worship, because once you lose it, it can be quite depressing. Then, you'll wander around searching for it.

ERO

A lot of us have the opposite situation where we are dialed in "on paper" but never experience the desired libido increase at all.

Carnosaur

A lot of us have the opposite situation where we are dialed in "on paper" but never experience the desired libido increase at all.

I hear you and like I said I may be looking for a unicorn because I know my situation is highly atypical.

Willyt

You may still be in the honeymoon period that many of us experience. For me, libido dropped off considerably after week 4 unfortunately, but that may a good thing for you by the sounds of it.

Carnosaur

You may still be in the honeymoon period that many of us experience. For me, libido dropped off considerably after week 4 unfortunately, but that may a good thing for you by the sounds of it.

Did you retain the other benefits of TRT when that happened?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me