TRT raised my blood pressure, how long to normalize after dropping treatment?

Buy Lab Tests Online

lolimfalling

I am a 32 year old male, and have been on TRT for ~4 years, always using a gel prescribed by an endo. On the gel my levels went from 190 to lower 500s. Not too satisfied with my results, after being on the gel, I decided to switch to an online clinic and begin injections. On injections i started at 200mg/wk on test cyp, IM injections and added 500iu of hcg/ week. Each dose administered every 3.5 days to arrive at the total weekly dose.

Before switching to injections, my blood pressure was always 120/80, last measured over the summer about 2 months prior to switching to injections. 2 days after my 2nd injection, i felt like superman. Much more focused at work, higher energy, motivation and libido through the roof. By week 3 though, i started to feel very on edge and a tightness in my chest. I ordered a blood pressure monitor from amazon and my blood pressure was 157/96. I also donated blood and my hemoglobin was 18.1 pre donation, dropping to 16.2 post donation.

This dose was most likely way to high for me. My plan was to drop the injections, wait for blood pressure to return to normal, then resume at a dose of 100mg/week (half of what i was previously doing). However, it has now been 24 days since my last injection and my blood pressure has not really been returning to normal down. Last checked at home today came back as 149/94. (i have also used the monitor on friends, whose BP comes back as normal, so it is not an issue of the machine not being calibrated correctly)

If i stay the course of not resuming trt anyone have an insight if my BP will return to normal, and how long it may take? I am currently scheduled to see a urologist in ~3 weeks from today and they indicated if it didnt normalize by then, they will refer me to someone to start blood pressure medication. I would like to avoid being on blood pressure medicine in 30s. Just wanted to see if anyone had an experiences of the blood pressure rising from TRT and how long it took to return to normal once coming off.

As a side note, i am very active and have a healthy diet. I regularly train Brazilian jujitsu as well as lift 2-3 times a week. My elevated BP has me at a bit of a loss as if it was caused by the TRT injections i feel like it should have returned to normal by now. At the same time though, changing from the gel to injections and adding hcg is the only change to my life that has occurred recently.

Cheers

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I am a 32 year old male, and have been on TRT for ~4 years, always using a gel prescribed by an endo. On the gel my levels went from 190 to lower 500s. Not too satisfied with my results, after being on the gel, I decided to switch to an online clinic and begin injections. On injections i started at 200mg/wk on test cyp, IM injections and added 500iu of hcg/ week. Each dose administered every 3.5 days to arrive at the total weekly dose.

Before switching to injections, my blood pressure was always 120/80, last measured over the summer about 2 months prior to switching to injections. 2 days after my 2nd injection, i felt like superman. Much more focused at work, higher energy, motivation and libido through the roof. By week 3 though, i started to feel very on edge and a tightness in my chest. I ordered a blood pressure monitor from amazon and my blood pressure was 157/96. I also donated blood and my hemoglobin was 18.1 pre donation, dropping to 16.2 post donation.

This dose was most likely way to high for me
My plan was to drop the injections, wait for blood pressure to return to normal, then resume at a dose of 100mg/week (half of what i was previously doing). However, it has now been 24 days since my last injection and my blood pressure has not really been returning to normal down. Last checked at home today came back as 149/94. (i have also used the monitor on friends, whose BP comes back as normal, so it is not an issue of the machine not being calibrated correctly)

If i stay the course of not resuming trt anyone have an insight if my BP will return to normal, and how long it may take? I am currently scheduled to see a urologist in ~3 weeks from today and they indicated if it didnt normalize by then, they will refer me to someone to start blood pressure medication. I would like to avoid being on blood pressure medicine in 30s. Just wanted to see if anyone had an experiences of the blood pressure rising from TRT and how long it took to return to normal once coming off.

As a side note, i am very active and have a healthy diet. I regularly train Brazilian jujitsu as well as lift 2-3 times a week. My elevated BP has me at a bit of a loss as if it was caused by the TRT injections i feel like it should have returned to normal by now. At the same time though, changing from the gel to injections and adding hcg is the only change to my life that has occurred recently.

Cheers

Not surprising, to say the least.

You went from a TT in low 500s and most likely sub-par FT levels (which is more important than TT) on the transdermal gel than switched over to injections starting on an absurd dose of T which would put your TT/FT/e2 levels sky-high let alone there was a good chance that you gained some water weight and this can easily drive up blood pressure for some.

Bad move jumping on such a high dose of T to start and hCG added to boot!

You need to post labs as we have absolutely no idea where your TT/FT/e2 levels were at the trough on 200 mg/week T.

Use of exogenous T especially higher doses will drive up your RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit levels.

lolimfalling

Thanks for your reply. After doing much more research I have learned the hard way how aggressive my injection dose was. I was simply following the guidance of an online clinic and did minimal research on my own as I trusted them to guide me correctly. Live and learn.

Moving forward I will be back under the care of an in person doctor who i currently have only seen once so far, but can already tell i will be in much better care than the telemedicine clinic i tried.

I just had labs done less than a week ago and am meeting with the new doctor in 3 weeks to go through them.

Main point of this post though was to see if anyone had been through similar and see how long it took their bp to normalize again.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me