TRT for Spinal Health?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Scoot2300

Hi All - I am 47 years old and in good health. I don’t drink (stopped 17 years ago) and stopped smoking about 15 years ago. When I was 27, I had pretty much wrecked my back with heavy lifting at my factory job. I have 3 discs fused together with 6 titanium screws. The bone graphs were taken from my illiac crests and that seems to be the issue as I age. I mean, my surgeons told me I would probably need more surgery 11 years past my first surgery but the recovery was an entire year and the surgery was 11 hours of hell (I was fused anterior and posterior) and I simply will try anything before going under the knife again. Again, I’ve lifted weights, ate healthy and got into cycling about 10 years ago and have done well staying as healthy as I can and have done the best I could do. However, I was curious to know what my blood work showed as I was experiencing some mood, low energy, etc. so I engaged an anti-aging clinic. I got my blood work done as I was definitely on the lower side for free testosterone but my original inquiry with them was for Secretegogues. My theory is it his, by increasing my body’s production of GH, it would help to stave off any degeneration that is going to occur because the discs above bear the brunt of the fusion. So, I am on a Sermorelin and Ipamorelin stack and am 11 days in. I am fully committed to the 6 month trial of this but I am reading about being T levels up to assist in this theory I have about supporting my spinal health with increasing my T levels. There is very little scientific reading on this but I’m thinking the risks are worth it because if I end up having to go back for surgery down the road, it could debilitate me where I cannot exercise enough to stay in shape and the increased T in my body will help. Thoughts? Anyone else have anything similar to this? I appreciate all comments in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

I 've had back issues also although nowhere near as severe as yours. I haven't heard of a precise answer regarding T and prevention of disc degeneration however I would guess it is unlikely to hurt. If you are not familiar with Stu McGill's writing and speaking on the topic of preserving the spine I would strongly recommend checking it out. The best approach is to put the least possible degenerative stress on the discs. I have found an inversion table to be very helpful. Some people find nandrolone to be helpful for spine issues. I doubt that secretegogues will be enough even if GH is helpful, so you might check around to see what experience people with similar issues to your have had with pure GH, but you can certainly try them and see. Stem cells are worth investigating and Dr Seeds or Regenexx are two sources to pursue for that.

Scoot2300

Thanks for your reply. There is not much in terms of studies published on this specific topic and I have been researching this for years. I think my thought process is sound and my theory at least makes sense based on anecdotal information I have read. The clinic I have engaged has cleared me for TRT as I am most definitely on the low end but I am nervous just based on what you read about in regards to TRT in terms of exacerbating any cancers, etc. Now, I do not have cancer nor do i have a family history of cancer and my prostate numbers came perfect so I shouldn't be that nervous.

This is the proposed protocol:

20 WEEK THERAPY PHASE

(3) 5ML Testosterone Cypionate 200mg/ml Vials

Protocol: .75ML /150mg once weekly. Intramuscular injection.

(40) 1MG Anastrazole Brand Name Tablets

Protocol: 1mg twice weekly. Oral.

(2) 10ml MIC PLUS Vial

Protocol: 1ml weekly. Subcutaneous injection.

(4) HCG 6000 Unit Vials

Protocol: 500 units once weekly. Subcutaneous injection.

Scoot2300

Hi Vince - Thank you for your reply. You are correct in thinking that I am questioning the ancillary meds listed above and their effects which I appreciate very much, I was also curious to know if what I am thinking in regards to spinal health makes a lick of sense. I need to remain as active and continue my strength training essentially the rest of my life or it is inevitable that more surgery is in my future. That prospect, at least right now, is far worse to my health than taking this path and prolonging any further fusions.
I have also been reading a ton on this subject as I consider moving forward with TRT (I am already approved for it but have not proceeded yet as I educate myself). More frequent Subq injections throughout the week vs. one IM injection once a week would also lend itself to not needing the Anastrozole or at least reducing the dosage to a minimum. From what I have read, the more frequent injection path creates a more "saw tooth" pattern in testosterone rather than the one big spike during the IM injection once a week. I would obviously prefer a more level distribution than dealing with a spike. The MIC injection makes sense as well as the HCG. The Anastrozole is what is causing me concern. Its funny, the articles I have read seems to say that an AI is not necessarily needed and should only be brought into the picture if needed.

Vince

Super Moderator
Testosterone is the precursor hormone for estradiol. Estradiol is a hormone more abundant in women than men that is produced by the aromatization of testosterone in liver, fat and other cells. Nature created it for a reason. It has been shown to be responsible for healthy bone density but its role in men’s sex drive, body composition and other variables is source of great debate.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me