TRT for Elderly (80 years & up)

Buy Lab Tests Online

DaveK22

Just curious...does anyone know men over the age of 80 that is on TRT? If so, are they still functioning ok with self adminsutration of the regiment? I sometimes worry about being on TRT at that age and possibly have to deal with forgetfulness, driving, etc. Also, things like donating blood and mixing up HCG properly could become additional challenges once the very senior years hit.

I'm asking because I've had the misfortune of seeing some very elderly men in a nursing home and couldn't help to wonder about some "what ifs"

I found a thread by Nelson that talks about 65 plus but there is also a reference to "...but older men may need more surveillance" which was kind of the closest I got when doing a search on this issue.
Elderly men over 65 years of age benefit as much from testosterone as young men

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

Just curious...does anyone know men over the age of 80 that is on TRT? If so, are they still functioning ok with self adminsutration of the regiment? I sometimes worry about being on TRT at that age and possibly have to deal with forgetfulness, driving, etc. Also, things like donating blood and mixing up HCG properly could become additional challenges once the very senior years hit.

I'm asking because I've had the misfortune of seeing some very elderly men in a nursing home and couldn't help to wonder about some "what ifs"

I found a thread by Nelson that talks about 65 plus but there is also a reference to "...but older men may need more surveillance" which was kind of the closest I got when doing a search on this issue.
Elderly men over 65 years of age benefit as much from testosterone as young men

When I was interested in increasing fertility, I consulted

Dr. Alan Neiberg, MD

He is moderately famous, and he told me one patient of his stopped TRT when he was 90.

My mother is 93, I noticed a significant cognitive decline around age 88. I interacted with a lot of my mothers friends, they all tended to die off around 85.

Honestly, if you have dementia, then I don't think you are going to be very concerned about how much weight you can lift and your libido. It's more like, can you make a pot of coffee by yourself?

If you live long enough, I think around 90 is a key age.

DaveK22

I remember Dr Saya posting about a patient who was 90. He decided at that point (the patient) to stop trt.

So since natural production has probably been shut down for years or decades, is the thought process that the small amount of testosterone from the adrenal glands be sufficient to just "get by" for someone so close to end of their life expectancy?

Vince

Super Moderator
So since natural production has probably been shut down for years or decades, is the thought process that the small amount of testosterone from the adrenal glands be sufficient to just "get by" for someone so close to end of their life expectancy?
Dr. Saya didn't say why the patient decided to stop trt.

jdthoosier

I read this story about this woman who's father started showing signs of Alzheimer in his 70's. He had also had heart issues that required a pacemaker. Both the woman and her father's PCP strongly recommended NOT doing the pacemaker surgery, and let things take it course more quickly rather than artificially extending the father's life and having to deal with the more severe consequences of Alzheimer. The cardiologist overrode their protestations and performed the surgery, and the father's life was extended to the point where he truly suffered.

Finally, the woman went to court and was able to get a legal order to turn off the pacemaker. Only about a week after turn off, the father died.

So my question is: as you get much older, what would be the consequences of stopping TRT after 20 years or more of TRT therapy? I still distinctly remember how debiliatated I felt 7 years ago when my total T fell into the low 100's. If I'm in my 80's or 90's and stopped TRT - I'd be nothing more than a vegetable.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Lessons From the Testosterone Trials

Abstract
The Testosterone Trials (TTrials) were a coordinated set of seven placebo-controlled, double-blind trials in 788 men with a mean age of 72 years to determine the efficacy of increasing the testosterone levels of older men with low testosterone. Testosterone treatment increased the median testosterone level from unequivocally low at baseline to midnormal for young men after 3 months and maintained that level until month 12. In the Sexual Function Trial, testosterone increased sexual activity, sexual desire, and erectile function. In the Physical Function Trial, testosterone did not increase the distance walked in 6 minutes in men whose walk speed was slow; however, in all TTrial participants, testosterone did increase the distance walked. In the Vitality Trial, testosterone did not increase energy but slightly improved mood and depressive symptoms. In the Cognitive Function Trial, testosterone did not improve cognitive function. In the Anemia Trial, testosterone increased hemoglobin in both men who had anemia of a known cause and in men with unexplained anemia. In the Bone Trial, testosterone increased volumetric bone mineral density and the estimated strength of the spine and hip. In the Cardiovascular Trial, testosterone increased the coronary artery noncalcified plaque volume as assessed using computed tomographic angiography. Although testosterone was not associated with more cardiovascular or prostate adverse events than placebo, a trial of a much larger number of men for a much longer period would be necessary to determine whether testosterone increases cardiovascular or prostate risk.

Attachments

• Testosterone Trials in Older Men.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Bremster

I’m going to be 92 in January, I’ve been on trt for 25 years, I have posted on this before. I do everything I have always done, except flying my own plane, couldn’t expense it anymore, sold my business ten years ago. I work out six days a week, this includes weights and elliptical upper and lower body, no mamby pamby stuff, I get into my target heart zone. I have a resting heart rate of 42. Look at my biceps. Age is just a number.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I’m going to be 92 in January, I’ve been on trt for 25 years, I have posted on this before. I do everything I have always done, except flying my own plane, couldn’t expense it anymore, sold my business ten years ago. I work out six days a week, this includes weights and elliptical upper and lower body, no mamby pamby stuff, I get into my target heart zone. I have a resting heart rate of 42. Look at my biceps. Age is just a number.
Man, I would be lucky if I am alive at 92, let alone look like you!

tropicaldaze1950

Excellent! You're an inspiration for those of us in our 60s or 70s. I'm 73. What's your TRT protocol? Sexually active? If so, ancillaries; PDE5, Trimix or PT-141? Thank you.

Jerajera

That's amazing. Would you mind explaining your protocol?

Camelot

Today I injected my third trimix shot. The first I did last night. missed on the side by going too far down and pointing needle towards ground. I was going to inject a second time but read you shouldn’t so I decided to wait. Later that night I woke up with Mr winky standing at attention. The second was today and I missed and jabbed my balls with the needle injecting the fluid into my ball sack. Funny I know but I have a fear of needles and was using a Autoject to administer the shot. As I moved my finger to press button it slipped off Mr winky and there you go!! So I decided to try again this time without the Autoject. I hit the spot perfectly and got a small chubby at 10 units. I was wondering if I decided to try again tonight but up my dosage to hopefully have some real results. Wondering if 20 units would show something better?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me